New Updated BulletProof Beta Available
July 15, 2013 7:56 pm
THE NEW BETA IS HERE
Back in May, Red Giant announced a free public beta of BulletProof, and the response has been overwhelming. But, just what is BulletProof, you may ask?
"BulletProof is a complete media prep and delivery solution for footage that simplifies the tedious tasks facing filmmakers every day on set. Bridging the gap between camera and editor, BulletProof combines all backup, organization, color and delivery tasks while handling footage from multiple cameras and media cards. Whether shooting with a Canon DSLR, Nikon DSLR or GoPro sports cam, filmmakers, videographers and data wranglers can now quickly and easily transform their capture into edit-ready footage."
And now, based on beta tester feedback, the BulletProof beta has been updated with the following:
- Metadata export – Send metadata intact to FCP 7, FCP X and Premiere Pro as XML or XMP. Include color adjustments, In/Out points, and an option to trim the original clip or leave it as non-destructive metadata.
- Metadata presets - Save your color adjustments, keywords and other metadata as presets. Use them with playlists or apply on import.
- Color settings – An option to export color values as LUTs, a new Saturation slider, and more accurate color processing make BulletProof a no-brainer for color adjustments on set.
- Macbook Air – Playback now works beautifully on your Macbook Air or any computer using the Intel HD 4000 graphics card.
- Better Checksum status – Checksum info is now displayed in the Metadata options, and you have direct access to Import, Backup and Export logs from there.
- New UI – The user interface has been locked down! This includes tooltips, keyboard shortcuts, preferences, context menus, and badges on thumbnails.
- Logic updates – We’ve added support for Undo/Redo, and Copy/Paste. You’ll wonder how you lived without it.
- PluralEyes integration – It’s started! A new Metadata option lets you mark and send your imported clips in a bin setup that PluralEyes can read. We have great plans for BulletProof and PluralEyes…
- READ MORE
Get on board and try out the free beta yourself today. See if BulletProof is just what you've been looking for and get your feedback into the development process!
Pricing and Availability
The final v1.0 of BulletProof will be available this summer and will be priced at $199.00 USD. BulletProof v1.0 will be available for Mac OS first.
A Windows version is in development and will follow the Mac OS release.
To download the free beta, or for more information on BulletProof please visit here.
The Red Pledge
Red Pledge is Red Giant’s commitment to customer happiness, with no purchasing hassles. Learn about the Red Pledge guarantee.
About Red Giant
At Red Giant, we make tools, films, and training to enrich the community of filmmakers. Through making our own award-winning films, we create new tools to fill our needs. Then we make those tools available for everyone else. Red Giant develops tools that make the filmmaking process faster, more secure, more accurate and just more fun. We help filmmakers create the perfect look that matches their story. For more than 10 years, we have built software for motion design, photography, visual effects and color correction that is used for everything from major motion pictures to worldwide television programming to web production. To learn more, and to join the Red Giant community, please visit us at www.redgiant.com. You can also join us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, watch our films and get free content at Red Giant People.
Note: The fine folks at Red Giant are always so excited about their products that they have made some incredible short films to help promote, as well as show some exciting ways their products can be used. Below is their most recent short film, Spy vs Guy, showcasing the use of BulletProof.
Spy Vs Guy
A retired Russian spy hunts down sensitive technology after it falls into unsuspecting hands.
Watch 'Behind the Scenes of Spy Vs Guy' HERE.
Please note: If you find the color of the text hard to read, please click on "Printer-friendly" and black text will appear on a white background.
Please take a moment to join Renderosity's Newsletter List to receive news and information from Renderosity!
- Red Giant Shooter Suite in Review
- Brian Kingery on BYU’s Award-Winning Animated Film - Owned
- Machinima and the New Media Film Festival (2014)
- Adobe's Premiere Pro CC in Review
Exploring the Filmmaking Process:
Interview with Emmy Award-Winning Evolve IMG's Joel Edwards
Nick's Motion Corner:
Plug-in Profile: Trapcode Shine
- Animation Mentor to Offer Online "Lighting Your Shot" Workshop
Nick's Motion Corner:
Knoll Light Factory 3 in Review
Nick's Motion Corner:
Interview with Freelance Designer/Animator Erica Hu
- Red Giant Software's Trapcode Suite 10 in Review (Part One)