NAB 2012: Swing by Autodesk Booth for a Great Show
April 8, 2012 11:35 pm
Autodesk to Reveal Big News About Smoke Editing Software, Unveil Its New Entertainment Creation Suites and Celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Flame
SAN RAFAEL, Calif., April 3, 2012 -- At the NAB Show (NAB) April 16-19, 2012, Autodesk Inc. will reveal a new, radically redesigned version of Autodesk Smoke software; demonstrate the latest releases of its Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suites, including the new Ultimate Suite; and celebrate 20 years of industry leadership in visual effects for the commercial, film and broadcast industries.
During NAB, audiences worldwide will be able to view Autodesk product demonstrations and live customer showcases both at the event in Las Vegas (South Hall, booth #3315) and online on the AREA community site. Attendees are invited to swing on the booth -- literally -- we'll have three swings integrated into the booth to sweep you off your feet.
The following Autodesk Digital Entertainment Creation products will be
featured at the booth:
· Autodesk Smoke -- a completely redesigned and repackaged version of the all-in-one video editing and effects tool for the Mac
· Autodesk Flame Premium software -- Autodesk's innovative combination of tools for real-time color grading and interactive 3D visual effects
· Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suites: Autodesk Maya Entertainment Creation Suite, Autodesk 3ds Max Entertainment Creation Suite and the new Autodesk Entertainment Creation Ultimate Suite -- software for creating computer animation, motion graphics and visual effects; the new Ultimate Suite includes both Maya and 3ds Max along with certain other Autodesk Media & Entertainment tools.
Autodesk Customer Showcase
· Vico Sharabani and Alex Frisch, co-founders and visual effects supervisors at Copa Network, will present their work using Flame Premium and Autodesk Mudbox software on Nicki Minaj and David Guetta's "Turn Me On" music video.
· Ben Fender of Drive Productions, a London-based boutique specializing in 4D mapping, projecting content and 3D animation onto complex backgrounds, such as buildings and stage sets, will present recent work for Bombay Sapphire, Nokia and PRL created using Autodesk Maya software.
· Evan Schechtman from transmedia company @radical.media will demonstrate how he uses Smoke and Maya to create many of its award-winning multiplatform creations.
Flame Turns 20
This year marks the 20th anniversary of Autodesk Flame, Autodesk's Academy Award-winning 3D compositing system. Come by the booth to see the new version, great imagery and customer presentations and visit area.autodesk.com/flame20 to experience 20 years of stunning visual effects created by Flame artists. Autodesk invites digital artists worldwide to be a part of this amazing journey by sharing your memories and contributing new Flame creations.
Autodesk thanks its strategic partners HP, AJA Video Systems, AMD and Intel for supporting Autodesk's NAB 2012 activities. During NAB, NVIDIA is also sponsoring a daily Quadro 4000 board giveaway on the Autodesk booth. Autodesk software will be featured at the following booths:
· Intel booth #SL12810: Autodesk Softimage and Maya software
· AJA Video Systems booth #SL3305: Autodesk Smoke
· PROMISE Technology booth #SL5327: Autodesk Smoke
· Wacom booth # SL2809: Autodesk Mudbox and Maya
· Dot Hill booth #SL13405: Autodesk Flame Premium
· Quantum booth #SL5024: Autodesk Flame Premium
On Wednesday, April 18, 2012, from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. PT, Autodesk will host an Education Reception only for educators at the Autodesk booth. Educators are invited to take a closer look at the Autodesk 2013 Digital Entertainment Creation tools and get a sneak peek of the exciting new Smoke technology. Educators should RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Autodesk's latest product releases for Digital Entertainment Creation, visit www.autodesk.com/me and Autodesk blogs on AREA. For real-time updates on Autodesk Media & Entertainment software, follow the company on Twitter, like us on Facebook and watch us on You Tube.
Autodesk, Flame, Maya, Mudbox, Smoke, Softimage and 3ds Max are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. Academy Award is a registered trademark of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Autodesk reserves the right to alter product and services offerings, and specifications and pricing at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document. © 2012 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.
Editor's Note: Be sure to check out all the valuable resources available right here on Renderosity, for all your artistic endeavors, starting with the following related links:
Please note: If you find the color of the text hard to read, please click on "Printer-friendly" and black text will appear on a white background.