Announcing the 2017 Renderosity Member of the Year Award:
Anthony Appleyard has been a member of Renderosity since 1999. That's 18 years of commitment to the Renderosity community. Thanks, Anthony!
A retired university professor, Anthony loves working with Poser to create nautical-themed scenes and images. He's been working with 3D for a long time as an alternative to painting. He's particularly keen to create scenes with scuba divers, a passion he's had to put aside because of age. Still, Anthony is able to create scuba scenes from his imagination for pleasure.
Congratulations, Anthony, for being chosen as our Member of the Year for 2017!
We have a quote from Anthony below along with a short video of hand-picked images from his gallery. Be sure to stop by and see more of his fun creations.
I wanted to make pictures, but I am no good with manual painting by brush. I heard of and tried an early version of Autocad, but it was not adequate. Later, by enquiring in an email group, I heard about Bryce and then Poser, when Poser 3 was the latest version.
To make objects I use a mesh-editor called MAKEOBJ that I wrote using first Borland C+ 5.1 and now Visual C++ . Before that, I made a few simple models by writing a Gnu C++ program that output the mesh as an .OBJ file.
For a long time I scuba dived, but I have now stopped it due to age.
I worked in a university for about 40 years. I am now retired
Anthony Appleyard Gallery Video
Be sure to visit Anthony's gallery
- Gallery of the Week for Nov 12, 2018 - MAYA GALLERY
- Interview with Member of the Month - SEAHORSE
- Vendor of the Month for November 2018 - ANAGORD
- Artist of the Month for November, 2018 - RedPhantom
- Interview with Member of the Month - Erogenesis
- Gallery of the Week for Oct 15, 2018 - Horror Gallery
- News of the Week for October 8, 2018
- Gallery of the Week for October 8, 2018 - Creatures Gallery
- Vendor of the Month for October - FABIANA
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week for Oct 1, 2018 - GOTHIC GALLERY