The Member of the Month for December, 2017, is
Anthony Appleyard has been a member of Renderosity since 1999. That's 18 years of commitment to the Renderosity community. Thanks, Anthony!
A retired university professor, Anthony loves working with Poser to create nautical-themed scenes and images. He's been working with 3D for a long time as an alternative to painting. He's particularly keen to create scenes with scuba divers, a passion he's had to put aside because of age. Still, Anthony is able to create scuba scenes from his imagination for pleasure.
Congratulations, Anthony, for being chosen as our Member of the Month for December, 2017!
We have a short quote from Anthony below along with a few images from his expansive gallery. Be sure to stop by and see more of his fun creations.
Anthony Appleyard on his background
I wanted to make pictures, but I am no good with manual painting by brush. I heard of and tried an early version of Autocad, but it was not adequate. Later, by enquiring in an email group, I heard about Bryce and then Poser, when Poser 3 was the latest version.
To make objects I use a mesh-editor called MAKEOBJ that I wrote using first Borland C+ 5.1 and now Visual C++ . Before that, I made a few simple models by writing a Gnu C++ program that output the mesh as an .OBJ file.
For a long time I scuba dived, but I have now stopped it due to age.
I worked in a university for about 40 years. I am now retired.
Be sure to visit Anthony Appleyard's Gallery to see more of his work!
- Gallery of the Week for Feb 19, 2018 - GIMP Gallery
- Member of the Year 2017 - Anthony Appleyard
- Renderosity Member of the Month for February - Ghostman
- News of the Week for January 29, 2018
- News of the Week for Jan 22, 2018
- Artist of the Year for 2017 - Nyala
- Member of the Month for January - Miss B
- Gallery of the Week for Nov 13, 2017 - Photography Gallery
- Our November, 2017, Vendor of the Month is Godin
- Member of the Month for November, 2017 - Animajikgraphics