Golaem Crowd Speeds Up Stadium & Concert Creation with Free Ready-to-Use Characters and Motions
April 16, 2013 2:10 am
Golaem announces the release of the Golaem Crowd Character Pack, a set of free ready-to-use characters and motions enabling faster crowd shots creation. It is available free of charge for all Golaem Crowd customers.
According to Nicolas Chaverou, Golaem Crowd Product Manager: "We discovered that, on a given crowd production, our customers were spending 75% of their time creating specific characters & motions. The use of the character pack hence dramatically reduces audience shots creation time, down to a few days."
The Golaem Crowd Characters Pack includes the following production proven assets:
- ready-to-use character with a hundred props (tshirt, shirt, jacket, sun glasses...)
- texture variations for each props
- 14 motions (for stadium & concert spectators)
Millions of Combinations
Golaem Crowd allows to combine all these assets into millions of combinations thanks to its Asset Manager. Artists simply need to load the preconfigured asset library file and can start rendering their crowd shots at once.
Power is nothing without control. While being ready-to-use, the Golaem Crowd Character Pack is 100% controllable. Golaem Crowd allows artists to decide precisely the props and shaders repartition by using simple sliders, or thanks to per particle attributes. They can even create simple rules like "no ski cap for guys in shorts".
Last but not least, Golaem Crowd allows to promote characters to other types, in order to replace a random character with a 100% manually defined one.
The Golaem Crowd Character Pack allows artists to add their own props or shaders on top of included ones, or to modify existing ones. Even artists needing a special character will save time by starting from this complete template.
Learn more about the Golaem Crowd Character Pack in this video: http://youtu.be/xDjLqEIBWho
See it in action on the new Golaem Crowd page: http://www.golaem.com/content/products/golaem-crowd/overview
For more information about Golaem Crowd:
- Visit our new website: http://www.golaem.com
- Or meet us at FMX (http://www.fmx.de)
- On our Booth: Marketplace 3.4, everyday
- Virtual Humans Forum: Meidinger-Saal, Friday, April 26 17:00 - 18:00
Golaem develops artist-friendly tools to animate digital characters.
Integrated in Autodesk Maya, Golaem Crowd makes it fast and affordable to populate worlds with directable digital characters, from a few to thousands. Artists from all over the globe use Golaem Crowd to bring life to commercials, episodic productions, feature films and games.
**Please note: If you find the color of the text hard to read, please click on "Printer-friendly" and black text will appear on a white background.**
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - FAN ART
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - Portraits
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - Comics / Cartoons
- MAXON’s CINEMA 4D R16: An Excellent Upgrade
- NVIDIA Quadro K2200 Graphics Card in Review
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - ZBrush
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - Halloween Edition
- Autodesk Maya 2015 in Review
- SIGGRAPH 2014: Creative People and Cutting Edge Technology in a Magic City
- 3D Masterclass: The Swordmaster In 3DS Max And Zbrush