Golaem Crowd 2.0 released at Siggraph 2012 Los Angeles
August 6, 2012 1:32 am
Golaem sets new standards for crowd simulation in terms of performances and usability by releasing the new version of its plugin for Autodesk Maya : Golaem Crowd 2.0 at Siggraph 2012 Los Angeles.
On top of increased productivity, Golaem Crowd has a quicker than ever learning curve. Maya artists will be able to create crowd shots themselves or to test the assets they produce before giving them to TDs, hence strengthening the team efficiency.
Creating behaviors as easy as a drag'n drop
No need to learn complex artificial intelligence concepts, Golaem Crowd 2.0 provides an easy way to build new characters behaviors.
- Behavior Editor: create and assemble sophisticated behaviors with this new graphical editor.
- New Triggers: control behaviors with frame number, volumetric triggers, or Python scripting...
New ready-to-use behaviors
Golaem Crowd also comes with new behaviors, helping to achieve more in less time.
- Ragdoll Behavior: simulate falling or exploding characters in a snap
- Formations Behavior: keep character's formation shape while navigating
- Enhanced LookAt & IK behaviors: get greater control on characters
Speeding up production
Whether to scale to thousands of character or simply to reduce artists' waiting time, speed is critical to crowd simulation. Golaem Crowd 2.0 enables artists to get results and previzualisation quicker than ever.
- Multithread & Optimization: Golaem Crowd 2.0 is up to 15x quicker thanks to its new multithreaded and optimized simulation engine.
- GPU Character Previzualisation: preview simulation with skinned meshes proxies directly in the Maya viewport.
- Faster Navmesh Computation Method: compute navmesh at the speed of light (from several minutes to a few seconds depending on the terrain)
Discover all these new features and the recently added Maya procedural rendering plugins in the Golaem Crowd 2.0 preview video:
For more information about Golaem® Crowd:
Golaem is a software company that focuses on populating 3D worlds with virtual humans. Based on state-of-the-art researches, Golaem technologies include real-time animation, navigation, and human behaviors, from single characters to functional crowds.
**Please note: If you find the color of the text hard to read, please click on "Printer-friendly" and black text will appear on a white background.**