Sat, Jul 27, 5:15 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 26 1:13 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Bryce 7 Pro and Compatible OS

frndofyaweh ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2023 at 3:15 AM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 1:54 PM

I wanted to purchase Bryce 7 Pro - it is only 20 USD at DAZ 3D Studios. I read through the details and features, but there is no mention of operating specs.

I wanted to know if Bryce 7  is compatible with Windows 10 home version. Is there anyone here at Renderosity, that has an answer for me?

I currently have Bryce 5.5.

ThunderStone ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2023 at 8:17 AM

Please be beware that Bryce is way past its prime. It can be used under wiñ 10 but memory wise,it's limited.  I'm not home at my computer to get the information about the kludge  but someone will post an answer to your question. 

Yes, you can run Bryce on win 10 machine.

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2023 at 9:47 AM
Forum Moderator

I still use it with Win 10 and it works fine, although I do have a beast of a PC.

I'm yet to install it on my Win11 laptop, however.

Please be aware that Bryce is very RAM hungry, but still as relevant today as it ever was.

It's a great entry level app in to landscaping and modelling. I should know. I helped develop it.

For $20 you can't go wrong. There's masses of freebies out there to enjoy and fire up your creativity, especially if you're on a budget.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Qmish ( ) posted Mon, 29 January 2024 at 2:04 PM · edited Mon, 29 January 2024 at 2:06 PM

As it's 32-bit application, it can't use more than 2 gb of ram by default. However, if you apply LAA (Large Address Aware) to it, then around 3.2-3.5 gb of ram can be used (from what I remember). So I wouldn't say it's "ram hungry", more like "ram is bottleneck". However if you use DTE materials (which are procedural) instead of bitmaps (image textures), then it's less an issue. Common practice is using image textures for close objects and procedural for medium/faraway distance.

I would say the CPU is important. If I'm not mistaken, Bryce 7 can use up to 8 (physical) cores. So it should render a bit faster there than on quadcore processors. Though there are also different reasons of why/how render time can be longer/quicker depending on your scene (though I guess you may know it already if you worked with Bryce before, stuff like volumetric objects usually increase render time much).

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sun, 11 February 2024 at 12:26 AM

"For $20 you can't go wrong."
EXACTLY!

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.