Sat, Jul 27, 6:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 13

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 Jul 26 7:11 pm)

Subject: Bring all your P12 scripts to P13 without reinstalling

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2023 at 1:21 PM · edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 6:08 AM

Want to bring all of your installed Python scripts from Poser 12 to the new Poser 13 without having to reinstall everything? 

First of all, I would like to thank all of you who have supported my effort to bring useful scripts to Poser 12, and now to 13. 

**NOTE: Procedure #1 is meant for people who wish to keep both P12 and 13 installed. If you are uninstalling P12, keeping only P13, then jump to the procedure #2 below. You should only perform ONE of them, not both. :)   

Now here's how you do it:  

1. You are keeping both Poser 12 and 13 installed:

Poser 11 has changed the way scripts are installed. Instead of going to the main runtime, they are installed in their own runtime folder. If installed directly from the Poser library's embedded store, they are at the "Purchases" runtime, along with everything else you have purchased for Poser 11 and 12.   

In Poser 13, go to the library, and just add that folder as an external runtime, and poof - everything automatically appears in Poser 13, ready to use, including your installed scripts! ^____^  

The only catch is when we install new scripts in P13, we have to point to the "Purchases" runtime in P12 where the others were installed. This will avoid double installations, and also, when we update a script, it will do it for both P12 and 13. 

2. You are uninstalling Poser 12 after installing 13:

In this case, you can just move the entire "Purchases" runtime folder from Poser 12 to the location where Poser 13 stores it. If you have installed contents into your library using downloaded ZIP files, and the main menu File->Install From ZIP Archive, also make sure to move the "Downloads" runtime folder from P12 to the new P13 location.

That's it - now all of your P12 contents and scripts will show in P13 without reinstalling them! 

It's a timesaver!   []~( ̄▽ ̄)~*

Hope this helps,

--=Ken1171 Designs=--

My Store at Renderosity

My Store at PoserSoftware

Characters, Body Sculpts, Morph Corrections, Outfits, Python Scripts, Universal Heads, and Videogames!

CassandraNorth ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2023 at 3:53 AM

This was a time saver! Thank you :)

hornet3d ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2023 at 5:04 AM

Nice tip, after yet another install of Poser 13 I found I was missing some scripts but Poser 13 would not log into my account for some reasons although I was inputting the correct details.  I then remembered this thread so I ran Poser 12 and logged in using the same log in details which worked, installed the missing scripts when a ran Poser 13 there were the missing scripts.  So thank you for the tip save me no end of time. 

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2023 at 11:09 AM

Anything that makes life easier is worth sharing! ^____^

My Store at Renderosity

My Store at PoserSoftware

Characters, Body Sculpts, Morph Corrections, Outfits, Python Scripts, Universal Heads, and Videogames!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.