Sat, Jul 27, 6:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 11 7:44 am)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Is anyone using Bagginsbill's matmatic/loom with Poser 11?

odf ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2022 at 1:40 AM · edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 5:54 AM
I'm a Poser 12 user and just wondering if it would make sense for me to get Poser 11 in order to use Bagginsbill's matmatic, in particular the loom. The latest version I could find supports up to Poser 10.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

odf ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2022 at 1:45 AM

PS: I also have old binaries for Poser 4, 5, 6 and 8 that I could try to get to work if this fails. :-/

primorge ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2022 at 7:58 AM · edited Mon, 12 December 2022 at 8:00 AM

I never took the time to wrap my head around Matmatic, I always thought loom was mighty impressive though. That being said, it might work with 11. It might need Snarlygribbly's AVFix...

https://www.poserlounge.nl/PLWP/fix-for-scripts-in-poser-11-2/

Still no guarantee it'll work with AVFix.

I would try Poser 8 if it were me but then you might run up against the Library problems.

Barring all else you could Site Mail BB and cross your fingers that he's at the lower range of Curmudgeonly Amnesiac mode.

It's a lot of hoops/hopes.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2022 at 8:32 AM

There were some script changes with P11 that might not agree with matmatic.  Don't expect it to work with Superfly, there might be invalid connections between nodes.  I do have loom-generated materials that I can try running in P11/12

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2022 at 10:11 AM

I'm still here, low key lurking. I could probably get matmatic running in P12, but I don't have P12 myself, so as to try it.

The loom script is complicated but almost only deals with generating patterns. Such pattern generating nodes are not affected by SuperFly lighting rules/restrictions.

I do recall some problems with the Loom pre-dating the general adoption of built-in GC. You'd probably want all that stuff ripped out.

Hmmm. Would Rendo want to let me have P12 for free so I could do the updates?

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

donnena ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2022 at 10:30 AM

Poser 12 is free for the first 30 days for everyone, Bill.   Please keep in mind that Poser 13 is in due to be released "soon".

;>

Andy!

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2022 at 10:51 AM

I did load some loom generated material in P12 and rendered in both Superfly and Firefly.  For the most part, I did get decent rendered images despite some connector 'irregularities' between some nodes.  But, my God, I completely forgot how extensive the Material Room nodes could be.  My question is why pursue creating such textures with such an overhead.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2022 at 12:34 PM

I'm hooked up for P12 (thanks Jenn!). 

@hborre - The loom is best used to create a pattern from nothing (which is expensive and complicated), and then render/capture that pattern as a tiling texture image, which you can do right from Poser. Thereafter you just use the image.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2022 at 1:15 PM

Got it.  It has been so long since I've played with it that many setup details have been forgotten.

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2022 at 2:24 PM

I recall learning matmatic many years ago ... and the one thing that it didn't do in an upgrade after Poser 6 ... was the interesting columns based on the primitive cylinder.  I don't recall why that happened, but BB we did discuss it.    

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

odf ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2022 at 3:59 PM
bagginsbill posted at 12:34 PM Mon, 12 December 2022 - #4451545

I'm hooked up for P12 (thanks Jenn!). 

Exciting news!

@hborre - The loom is best used to create a pattern from nothing (which is expensive and complicated), and then render/capture that pattern as a tiling texture image, which you can do right from Poser. Thereafter you just use the image.

That makes me wonder how much effort it would be to bypass Poser and generate the texture image directly. Just hypothetically.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2022 at 5:36 PM

BB could probably best answer that question but based on one of the Loom Demos I still have in one of my runtime folders I generated a 2000 x 2000 texture image in Poser, saved it, and used it to texture this V4 top.  Rendered in P12 Superfly.

q4JjBmbVGNs6St8TfSXP6zNv0zJNtV12rOq1dYEt.png

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.