Tue, Apr 30, 9:55 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 29 12:23 pm)

Subject: Helping Poser Newbies

UncaRay ( ) posted Tue, 26 November 2019 at 8:46 PM

Hello. To be brief I bought Poser from Smith Micro some time ago, installed with no trouble from the disc and used it steadily for weeks. Now a couple of weeks ago it demanded a reg #. I entered the reg that came with the disc and it refused to accept it. I have sent the poser help people two ticket requests and received no answer. Am I missing something?

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 26 November 2019 at 9:22 PM · edited Tue, 26 November 2019 at 9:27 PM

Please download the update from posersoftware.com, https://www.posersoftware.com/downloads.

Have your old serial number ready.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 26 November 2019 at 9:47 PM

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2939991

This link may also be helpful.

NHK4973 ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2019 at 1:19 PM

Hello Rhia474. I just received your response on Helping Poser Newbies today by email. Before I try the update from posersoftware download. When I purchased the download it was shown as an update. I have not gotten any notification about any new updates since using the software.

What version of Poser should I have? The File description I have is install Poser 11, Product Version is 11.2.

Have a safe and humble Thanks Giving with your family.

UncaRay ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2019 at 3:07 PM

Wow, before you wrote this I have already downloaded and installed Install Poser 11.exe 1.3 GB and PoserSupport.exe 295.3 MB. from that URL. It still refuses to accept my reg #.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 28 November 2019 at 3:49 PM

https://support.posersoftware.com/portal/newticket

You can submit a ticket here if the update install does not accept your Poser 11 serial number.

UncaRay ( ) posted Fri, 29 November 2019 at 12:30 PM

Thankyou, that did the trick. Apparently I had gotten the notion somewhere that you had to leave out the dashes. Adding them back worked perfectly.

rfrijhoff ( ) posted Mon, 02 August 2021 at 10:33 AM

I have a weird problem in Poser Pro 11. When opening a file with a character with hair, up until now there is no problem. However when I drag from or double click on the file in the library or import the character as a Poser document/prop, the hair is invisible in the preview (it's still there, all 'Visible' check buttons are on and it's also rendered). This happens not with every hair though.Preview problem.pngPreview problem 2.png

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2021 at 6:59 AM

rfrijhoff posted at 6:57AM Wed, 04 August 2021 - #4424399

I have a weird problem in Poser Pro 11. When opening a file with a character with hair, up until now there is no problem. However when I drag from or double click on the file in the library or import the character as a Poser document/prop, the hair is invisible in the preview (it's still there, all 'Visible' check buttons are on and it's also rendered). This happens not with every hair though.Preview problem.pngPreview problem 2.png

This seems to be happening with some things that have transparency - I haven't figured out what exactly causes it, but I know that a dynamic blouse I have on the freebies section does that too. Usually when I go into the material room and mess with the transparency value a little (like dialing it down and then back to 1) it fixes the issue.

Just another one of those little bugs that are annoying but won't affect your renders. When in doubt, switch your preview mode from OpenGL to Sreed - it's much more limited, but doesn't seem to be as buggy.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.