Sat, Apr 27, 2:40 PM CDT

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 21 8:35 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Darth J's WIP and Freebies (Take 2)

DarthJ ( ) posted Sun, 23 October 2011 at 11:55 AM

file_474414.jpg

**Hintere Sicherungsmauer (HSiM) or Hinterlandmauer**

The first obstacle to cross from the East-German side. Concrete gray on the outside and painted white on the inside in order to enable easier spotting of trespassers. Unlike the western wall this wall couldn't be approached, let alone be touched or painted with graffiti.

The model is a typical example, H-profiles with concrete slabs (3.5m x 1.0m slotted in. Every side of every slab can be textured differently, the texture matches the size (3.5x1).

DarthJ ( ) posted Sun, 23 October 2011 at 5:15 PM

file_474424.jpg

**Signalzaun**

The 2nd obstacle going west. Looks rather harmless but touching the top wires activates a silent alarm in the nearest guard tower. They know your exact location. You could as well ring the doorbell.

DarthJ ( ) posted Mon, 24 October 2011 at 6:39 PM

file_474495.jpg

**Tschechenigel ** (Tschechen-Igel or Czech hedgehog)

Anti-tank obstacle, about 500 kg.

DarthJ ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2011 at 3:44 PM

file_474599.jpg

Meanwhile work at the Berliner Fernsehturm is progressing also ...

The model is downsized to 1/10th of the real Poser scale to keep it manageable.

DarthJ ( ) posted Sun, 30 October 2011 at 5:04 PM

file_474689.jpg

**DER TODESSTREIFEN**

or Deathstrip in English.

Where all the invasion-repelling tools shown before were used. This model depicts a typical stretch of the "Berliner Mauer" , the wall(s) separating East and West-Berlin. Outside the city fences replaced the walls to protect the East-German borders.

A few important items are still under construction.

The Ifa P3 car is a Google Warehouse find. Needs conversion in Google Sketchup. Can be used in any scene from 1961 on.

DarthJ ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2011 at 9:12 PM

file_474868.jpg

**BT11 Wachturm**

2nd generation observation tower built in the 1970's. Because of stability problems these were replaced by square towers in the 1980's. The "11" refers to the number of rings which each were exactly 1 m high. Though confusingly enough sometimes the number also refers to the round type of towers ... even if they are not 11 rings high. While BT9 refers to the square type of towers ... even if they are not 9 blocks high.  There is even a still existing  BT11 with only 6 rings, which is sometimes being referred to as a BT6.

Can you still follow ?

DarthJ ( ) posted Sat, 05 November 2011 at 7:33 PM

file_474892.jpg

I guess not. Here is the (square) BT9.

DarthJ ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2011 at 4:19 PM · edited Sun, 13 November 2011 at 4:20 PM

file_475209.jpg

What would a Beobachtungs Turm be without a searchlight ?

The light can turn 360° and move up and down 45° (limits are set). These searchlights were operated from within the tower.

DarthJ ( ) posted Sat, 19 November 2011 at 11:34 PM

The Todesstreifen (Death Strip) is nearly completed. This post should be considered as the contents guide.

The download will include :

• empty terrain (24m x 46m) with road (Kolonnenweg), soft ground patch (Kontrollstreifen) and anti-vehicle ditch.

• full set with terrain, walls, fence and accessories positioned for a typical layout of the 1970s-1980s Berlin Wall.

• each of the walls, fences and accessories as separate items.

• single units of walls (1.20m and 3.00m) and fence (3m).

The walls and fence provided with the full set are one-piece items of about 24m long.

The guard towers (BT9 and BT11) are separate downloads.

A novelty are the ".xmp" files which Poser (from #8) generates with every prop. Don't know what purpose they serve, just leave them where they are.

A large download such as this one is bound to contain some mistakes, please post here if you find any.

DarthJ ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2011 at 2:16 PM

We don't discuss politics here but I only want to mention that after a world record setting 541 days of endless negotiations my country finally has a new government. We were at the edge of splitting up the country but in the end a compromise was agreed, as usual.

So far the good news.  The bad news is my computer had a crisis too. And computers don't compromise.  A new hard drive was required. Most of my stuff is kept on external drives so nothing really valuable was lost ... with one exception. The modelling program in which I create my freebies. I can't find a back-up anywhere which doesn't really amaze me considering the paranoid anti-copy attitude of the company. First I had a physical version of this program, which required the DVD to run. Of course after a while the disc didn't function any more. Then I bought a download version. The download period is expired, renewing it costs money. I sent an email to obtain that service. They do not even bother to reply. Only option left : buy another download version at about 50$.

Financially not really a problem, but the little self-esteem I have fiercely resents this solution. To be continued.

DisneyFan ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2012 at 11:53 AM

Aww.  :  My sympathies.  This is an interesting bunch of history you've got, here.  Very nice.

----------------------------------------------

currently using Poser Pro 2014, Win 10

DarthJ ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2012 at 7:26 PM · edited Fri, 06 January 2012 at 7:29 PM

file_477144.jpg

Well, I *did* buy a new download version of that program. Only a few activations are allowed of course. I bought the extended download period option. I even bought the back-up DVD. Haven't received it yet. Of course..

Back to business as usual once more, first freebie to be finished should be the cinema backdrop above. You'll need a recent Poser with light emitters and IDL for the neon sign.

Further ideas under development are : an East-German S-Bahn/train station (partially a "Geisterbahnhof), a post office and a European windmill.

DarthJ ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2012 at 3:45 PM

file_477189.jpg

Render with basic infinite lighting. The "globalised" look of the building allows it use anywhere in the world and the 3d signs can be removed. It doesn't even have to remain a cinema, this could become a theatre, dance hall, disquotheque, etc ...

DarthJ ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2012 at 2:22 PM

file_477620.jpg

The next freebie WIP is an East-German Post Office based on an also East-German plastic model kit, see box art above.

DarthJ ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2012 at 2:25 PM

file_477621.jpg

And this is the 3D version.

DarthJ ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2012 at 12:46 PM

file_477997.jpg

The cinema entrance has been released :

http://www.sharecg.com/v/59528/browse/11/Poser/CINEMA-ENTRANCE

Alisa ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2012 at 1:51 PM

Very cool stuff - thanks!

Cheers,
Alisa

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 8:59 PM

Went ahead and stickied this since you're releasing often :)

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

DarthJ ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 1:16 AM

Fame and Glory ! 

Will I be able to live up to expectations of my large fan base - of whom almost nobody ever replies here - and produce a continuous stream of exquisite freebies ?

Speaking of which, next in line should be Giz Ploria, Health & Beauty Institute of count de Bleuchamp, somewhere in the Swiss Alps.

DarthJ ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2012 at 8:40 AM

file_478280.JPG

Friday 03 February 2012, returning from work. Usually this 16 km ride in busy traffic takes me about 30 minutes. Now it became a 3 hours long ride through hell frozen over. Actually when I took this picture there was only a small delay, the worst was still to come at only 3 km from home, with traffic at a near-standstill. And that while I was - according to the blinking alarm light - out of gas/petrol, with no possibility to fill the tank. I got home anyway.

That, and a new release from a long-time-no-see freebie creator, a character for Aiko 3 inspired me for a little freebie in between ...

DarthJ ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2012 at 8:45 AM

file_478281.jpg

Okay, you want to be inspired by this event, not remember it. So this little freebie will be as far away from snow, ice and cold as possible : a summer garden shed. Get it here :

http://www.sharecg.com/v/59676/browse/11/Poser/Summer-Garden-Shed

With many material zones so you can turn it into anyithing you want.

DarthJ ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2012 at 8:51 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_478282.jpg

Oh, and of course you want to see that new character in close-up, preferably without the pesky well-positioned arm you perv...errr audience. She's available at both Sharecg and Renderosity freestuff sections. Her name ? Guess, there is a hint.

stronghands07 ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2012 at 5:25 PM

Ohhhhh...she's a hottie.  :D

Excellent freebies too.  :D

DarthJ ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2012 at 5:44 PM

Ah, a new errr ... face in this forgotten corner of the Poser Universe.

You think so, about being a "hottie" I mean ? The creator does a thorough job, not only modifying her face but also her body, which actually sometimes makes it difficult to fit clothing on these characters. Which actually isn't a problem at all.

stronghands07 ( ) posted Tue, 14 February 2012 at 6:54 AM

Wow, that's a great compliment to her creator, one that I'm sure he doesn't take lightly.

I think one benefit to having to fit clothing, taking special pain to do so, is that the scene composer/renderer gets to spend more time appreciating her subtle nuances.

Or maybe not.  LOL

foxylady1 ( ) posted Sun, 26 February 2012 at 9:22 AM

You really have some great items here.  Nice work.

What are you working on now?

:thumbupboth:

DarthJ ( ) posted Sun, 26 February 2012 at 11:06 AM

Right now ? A building that only existed for about 35 years, (de-)construction included. And only functioned for about 14 years. 

It is more interesting as a historical piece than as a freebie since you only get the 1970s dull exterior. Though with its real-life lenght of about 180 meters it is an ideal background-filler.

When it functioned it was at the same time parliament, bowling alley, discotheque, art gallery and large evenement hall (concerts, party meetings, congresses, circus acts, etc ...)  provided with the necessary food and drink establishments.

My freebie will not be an exact copy, but close.

DarthJ ( ) posted Sun, 04 March 2012 at 1:19 PM

file_479137.jpg

A render of the well-guarded unfinished model.

Alisa ( ) posted Sun, 04 March 2012 at 5:52 PM

Wow!

Cheers,
Alisa

DarthJ ( ) posted Mon, 19 March 2012 at 3:05 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_479702.jpg

The Palast is (another) long-term development, in order to keep you amused meanwhile there is the

BEECH BAR.

Used to be written as BITCH BAR first but they caught that mistake in time. 

Located on some tropical sunny beach, which is always a good excuse for some gratuitious nudity.

Render above : preparing for the tourist season, touching up the paint ...

DarthJ ( ) posted Mon, 19 March 2012 at 3:09 PM

file_479703.jpg

Render above : a better view. You may notice that this building is based on a previous download, the Summer Garden Shed.

stronghands07 ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2012 at 11:49 AM

Nice.

Lov the dress code at that beach too.  :D

DarthJ ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2012 at 12:16 PM

It's the usual dress code at most European beaches (the weather permitting). The other beaches are nude beaches.

DarthJ ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2012 at 7:35 PM

file_483018.jpg

** 2 months later **

Being banned from one the most important forums for your hobby is not exactly boosting productivity of freebies.

And actually at first this model was not meant for public release. It was only a 3D presentation of planned refurbishing. I decided to complete it for freebie release to make my deprived fanbase happy.

So the "Logistics Centre" really exists though in reality is only a corner of a much larger building. The interior is detailed with a counter and back offices in the lower part and a smaller reception and larger storage hall in the taller part. That's how it looks today, before refurbishing.

Vehicles and figures not included of course. 

foxylady1 ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2012 at 7:40 PM

Great looking model, Darth.

[The other forum is a mess, you are better off here.]

DarthJ ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2012 at 7:55 PM

If only they had replaced the Forum Admin too, that could only be an improvement. He is the only one to blame for the fact that my "3 months" ban is now lasting over a year.

foxylady1 ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2012 at 8:22 PM

Have you contacted anyone?  Would it help?

DarthJ ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2012 at 9:05 PM

It goes like this :

After sitting out the ban-period your posting rights are not automatically restored. Instead you first have to contact the Forum Admin with a humble plea to restore your posting rights. The more self-humiliating "mea culpa" (it's all my fault) the better.  The answer I got was "it would be considered". Apparently they are still considering.

When the new forum was finally fully (?) functioning I found out I could post again.  I opened a new thread about my freebies with 6 posts of my own. When I wanted to return to that thread I couldn't find it anymore. I blamed it on the "functioning" of the new forum. Until I noticed I couldn't post anymore either.

That's what you get with a Forum Admin governing the place as his little kingdom with little or no supervision from his superiors, as was confirmed by his former CEO, Dan Farr.

I have now contacted their technical support to ask why I can't post. Flanking attack, according to The Art of War.

DarthJ ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2012 at 11:28 AM

file_483062.jpg

Interior shot with Layout as in reality, minus a few details. The 2 windows towards the loading bay are a result of earlier refurbishments, not everything was built at the same time.

foxylady1 ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2012 at 11:31 AM

Excellent!  What modeling program do you use?

DarthJ ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2012 at 1:04 PM

I use an ordinary "home construction" type of program. Though never intended to go further than the ordinary home it has some useful utilities such as exact measurements, a simple modeller or the ability to manipulate textures.

Here it is :

http://www.sharecg.com/v/63196/browse/11/Poser/Logistics-Centre

In a good position near Viper's "Lingeries" which everybody will be downloading ...

A few hints :

• For  a few parts I used a chrome shader, originally intended for vehicles. Could be useful somewhere else ...

• as in reality don't use vehicles with a combustion engine inside the building !  All tractors and forklifts should run on electrics.

• some of the doors are individually mapped. Handy when you want to put signs on them.

DarthJ ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2012 at 4:36 AM

file_483130.jpg

Here is a Google image of the real building, what has been modelled is in the red square.

Not even 20 years old (with several refurbishments and add-ons)  this place is soon to be abandoned for a totally new centre.

foxylady1 ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2012 at 7:29 AM

What is next for us?

It is a shame about the above being abandoned.  What else is in there?

DarthJ ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2012 at 8:27 AM

file_483137.jpg

What else is in there?

It's a Bpost (Belgian Post) sorting centre. Within the green square is the former train hall and the empty plot where once tracks were running.

What is next for us?

Since I'm returning to Berlin later this year, probably the East-German post office already mentioned earlier on this page. And then work continues at my other East-German projects, the Fernsehturm and Palast der Republik, also already mentioned.

DarthJ ( ) posted Sat, 30 June 2012 at 2:56 AM

file_483194.jpg

And next will be the aforementioned East-German post office. This should be the definitive version.

DarthJ ( ) posted Sat, 30 June 2012 at 5:16 AM

file_483195.JPG

The post office is now open for business, don't get in trouble with "Abteilung 12" though :

http://www.sharecg.com/v/63297/browse/11/Poser/DDR-Postamt-(East-German-Post-office

foxylady1 ( ) posted Sat, 30 June 2012 at 8:05 AM

Congradulations.  One more down, and hundreds left to model.

DarthJ ( ) posted Sat, 30 June 2012 at 4:43 PM

file_483232.jpg

HUNDREDS ??? When it's summer and I've got more interesting things to do, see render above ? I'm gonna call my union representative !

This render was actually meant to participate in the monthly Freebie Render Challenge at DAZ, which of course is still impossible.

DarthJ ( ) posted Mon, 02 July 2012 at 8:52 PM

file_483329.jpg

W.I.P.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.