Sat, Jul 27, 4:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 26 1:13 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Screen Shot Problems - Please Help!

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 7:14 AM · edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 4:23 AM
Forum Moderator

OK! I give up! How do you guys do screen grabs? I've been trying and failing with Corel Capture 10. It doesn't seem to want to know. I want to grab Bryce screens to demonstrate things I've found but fail miserably. I'm now at my wit's end. Help much appreciated. Thanks The Bryster

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Gog ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 7:36 AM

I generally just use alt-prtScn then paste into photoshop!! are you on a Mac or PC?

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

Quest ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 8:14 AM

Bryster, when you have the screen you want to grab up, press the "Print Screen" key on your keyboard. Then open Photoshop, go files>new and click OK(should be the same size of your present desktop screen size automatically, 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024...whatever). Once the canvas is up go Edit>paste and presto! One screen grab. Now you can fiddle with it all you want.

Rayraz ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 8:15 AM

Usually the printscreen button works fine. Then I go into PSP and press Ctrl-V to load the screengrab to a new image. If for some reason it doesn't work there's probably some free screengrabbing software at download.com

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

electroglyph ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 9:01 AM

Like they all said..... If you have PaintshopPro 7 or better it has an image aquire command with a screen capture function. Lots of nice extras including a programmable hot key you can choose or a timer if you need to get back to the screen and do something before you grab it. There is also an option to grab the cursor.

Zhann ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 9:20 AM

Yeah, in PSP, under File Menu, import/screen capture/start, just set up your hot key first, then all you do is hit the hot key to capture, PSP will sit on your task bar until your finished, then just restore it and your captures should be there, just resize them and save...

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

Zhann ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 9:23 AM

file_70536.jpg

see above....

Zhann ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 9:24 AM

Lol, had to use printscreen to capture the PSP capture, seems it won't capture itself!...;]

tjohn ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 9:38 AM

If you have Photoshop, you shouldn't have to paste, under "New" there is "from clipboard". The clipboard is where the "print screen" image goes. When you choose "from clipboard, the image (screen size) will appear.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

Incarnadine ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 11:21 AM

Corel's PhotoPaint also has the File/New from clipboard capability. (at least in v9 it does, should still be there in v10)

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 12:19 PM

I feel silly, I've been doing printscreen caps and pasting into Paint..works ok, but it'll be our little secret, right?..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

jasonmit ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 1:42 PM

Now if I could figure out how to grab screenshots when a DVD is playing on my PC. There's some great shots in the movie "The Pianist" I'd like to try to recreate in Bryce. But when I did printscreen, all I got was a black image.

Colette1 ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 4:25 PM

Pakled, I do screen caps the same way.:)

Quest ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 6:42 PM

Jasonmit, sometimes the software package used to view the DVD also allows you to cap frames. In some cases it must be a registered full version of the software not a limited edition. TJohn thanks for the tip, I've never captured using that technique. I'll try that way next.

Zhann ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 8:23 PM

I tried with a 'capture software' to get a screen shot of a DVD, all I got was undulating noise....there may be something in place to prevent it...I just use my digital camera, pause the scene, snap, voila, screenshot...

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 8:26 PM
Forum Moderator

Many thanks, Guys! I must behaving a dumb day or a senior moment...I'll try all this out soonest...as I have PSP7 which I prefer to CoralDraw. Thanks once again The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

jasonmit ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 8:27 PM

Zhann, I thought of that. I'll maybe have to botrrw my digital camera (my church uses it more than I do).

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 8:30 PM
Forum Moderator

Well that worked just fine. Well done, you Guys!

Zhann ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 8:39 PM

Jasonmit, be sure the flash (if it has one) is diabled, mine's on by default and sometimes I forget, FLASH, then I get an nice bright light photo...8D

JC_01 ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 11:46 PM

lol Zahnn, isn't it funny how a program with a built in screen cap won't screen cap itself? makes making a psp tutorial with pictures a pain...LOL Also, you can set in psp7 and 8 the screen cap set up options to grab multiple screen caps....as long as you don't go back into the psp window till your done, you can keep browsing and capping without having to go back and start a new cap....but once you open the psp window again, you gotta start a new screen cap again...

Zhann ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2003 at 12:25 AM

You know I've been working on my ocean waves tutorial and as I'm doing stuff in Bryce I take a screen cap, only when I get back to PSP, I can't remember which pic illustrates what part of the tut, some are obvious but others I'm scratching my head thinking 'now why did I capture that?'...;]

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2003 at 7:25 AM
Forum Moderator

Jan: You must be getting old! I have the same problems..LOL I keep thinking....why did I logon to the 'REND......

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.