Digieffects Bolsters Support for Editorial, VFX Community with New Versions of Delirium, Damage and Buena Depth Cue
October 23, 2011 11:09 pm
New Versions Offer Native Support for FCP X, OS X Lion and Adobe CS5.5; New Installers Simplify Multi-Seat Deployment
Digieffects® (www.digieffects.com) announced today the culmination of an intensive engineering and product development initiative with the launch of Delirium v2.5, Damage v2.5 and Buena Depth Cue v2.5. With this announcement, Digieffects is now offering native Final Cut Pro support through FxPlug, Apple’s plug-in architecture. Available immediately are full support for Final Cut Pro 6, Final Cut Pro 7, Motion 4 and Final Cut Express for the Delirium and Damage sets of plug-ins. Select Delirium plug-ins will also offer native support for Final Cut Pro X immediately, and the entire family will be supported shortly after release for no additional charge. Digieffects has also strengthened support for OS X Lion and Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 across its entire product line.
Also as a result of this initiative, Digieffects has significantly enhanced usability features for all of its plug-ins, with single installers for entire suites and automatic installation of the hundreds of popular presets available to all customers.
Additionally, with Delirium v2.5, which encompasses 44 VFX plug-ins, Digieffects is now offering theme-based, affordable plug-in bundles. These bundles are organized into five effects themes, and include such categories as Phenomenon, Color, Distort, Mood and Composite.
The 2.5 versions of Delirium, Damage and Buena Depth Cue will be available on October 24, 2011, and are available as free upgrades to customers who recently purchased v2.0 of Delirium, Damage or Buena Depth Cue.
“The relaunch of Delirium, Damage and Buena Depth Cue represents the single largest investment in talent and resources since I acquired Digieffects 4 years ago,” said Robert Sharp, president of Digieffects. “The 2.5 versions of these products are a quantum leap in technological innovation, with significant under-the-hood improvements across the board. And these new products come at a pivotal time in the industry - video editors and VFX artists are facing much change in the platforms they’ve come to rely on. We’ve redesigned our entire product line to ensure they literally slipstream into users’ editing timelines and VFX workflow - regardless of if you’re a freelancer or running a large post facility. If you’re a Final Cut Pro editor working in FCP X, FCP 6 or 7; or if you’re a Premiere Pro editor on CS5.5, you know that Digieffects plug-ins will integrate seamlessly and give you stunning results every time.”
The Digieffects Line-Up: FCP X, CS5.5 Support, Ideal
for Editors, VFX Artists
The new Digieffects v2.5 product line up not only provides its community of VFX artists with a breadth of tools to enhance their work, it also provides its community of video editors with access to VFX tools that are affordable, easy to use, and accessible from within their editing applications.
Delirium v2.5: Delirium v2.5, a comprehensive suite of 44 plug-ins designed for editors, visual effects and digital media artists looking to add high quality, affordable and visually stunning effects to their digital media projects. Today, 11 Delirium plug-ins provide full support for FCP X, and more will be added in the near future. These 11 plug-ins supporting FCP X are also found in the new Delirium Phenomena bundle.
Users can purchase the entire suite of plug-ins, or beginning next week, purchase affordable, themed bundles. These bundles include:
- Phenomenon: Includes 11 plug-ins based on natural and super-natural effects, such as Electrical Arcs, Fairy Dust, Fog Factory and Rainfall. All of the plug-ins in this bundle offer full support for FCP X.
- Color: Includes 11 plug-ins for colorists, and includes Channel Noise, Channel Offset, Color Fill, Color Space and many more.
- Distort: Includes 11 plug-ins designed to create artificial noise and distortions in your sequences, and includes Crazy Stripes, Newsprint, Stargate, Perpectron, and many more.
- Mood: Includes 6 plug-ins that enable editor and artists to enhance sequences with applications such as Channel Lighting, Glow, Glower, Lightwrap, Nightbloom and Specular Lighting.
- Composite: Includes 5 powerful compositing tools, including Alpha Tools, Channel Composite, Channel Viewer, Color Composite and Composite.
Damage v2.5: Damage v2.5 now fully supports FCP X, Final Cut Pro 6 and 7 through FxPlug v2.0, and includes 7 effects to artistically degrade footage, including Aged Film, Archive, Blockade, Destabilizer, Interference, Overexpose and Skew. Single installers are now included to simplify installation for multi-seat environments.
Buena Depth Cue v2.5: Buena Depth Cue v2.5 provides Adobe CS5.5 and After Effects artists with an innovative workflow for creating visual depth in their projects. Using composition-based effects, such as Rack Focus, Falloff Lighting or Atmosphere, digital media artists can mimic Z depth in a unique way that cannot be replicated using practical depth of field. Buena Depth Cue v2.5 includes 6 powerful plug-ins for creating depth, including:
- Depth: Displays the depth of each layer in grayscale for use as a gradient map with other plug-ins or applications;
- Falloff Lighting: Adds realistic lighting effects to layers;
- Atmosphere: Shrouds layers in a light haze or a deep, murky mist;
- Rack Focus: Produces realistic depth of field effects and focus pulls, including simulating boke and anamorphic lens effects;
- Camera Mapper: Turns 2D stills and footage into 3D scenes directly in After Effects;
- Flipside: Maps one layer onto the backside of another layer, enabling artists to flip front layers over to reveal back layers.
Pricing and Availability
Digieffects Delirium, Damage and Buena Depth Cue v2.5 will be available for purchase on October 24, 2011, and are priced as follows:
Delrium v2.5: $299.00 for new customers; $149.00 for users migrating from v1.0; and is a free upgrade for v2.0 customers.
The new Delirium bundles are priced as follows:
- Delirium Phenomena: $149.00
- Delirium Distort: $149.00
- Delirium Color: $149.00
- Delirium Mood: $99.00
- Delirium Composite: $99.00
Damage v2.5: $99.00 for new customers; $79.00 for users migrating from v1.0; and is a free upgrade for v2.0 customers.
Buena Depth Cue v2.5: $199.00 for new customers; $99.00 for users migrating from v1.0; and is a free upgrade for v2.0 customers.
For more information on Digieffects, please visit www.digieffects.com.
Founded in 1996, Digieffects is a developer of visual effects software. Our software functions as "plug-ins" and work in conjunction with Adobe After Effects, Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro and Grass Valley Edius. We have customers all around the world including many of the best known brands in the media and entertainment industry. We service a variety of other markets including corporations, government agencies, universities, non-profit institutions, independent freelancers and hobbyists. Digieffects has also licensed its plugins to Adobe and Roxio for inclusion in their video software applications.
Editor's Note: Read Sergio Rosa's article, Digieffects' Buena Depth Cue v2 In Review
Please note: If you find the color of the text hard to read, please click on "Printer-friendly" and black text will appear on a white background.
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - ADOBE PHOTOSHOP
- Hive FX and the Creative Pipeline
- Adobe Creative Cloud 2015: What's New
- Adobe Lightroom CC Review
- Adobe Comp CC in Review
- Adobe Muse in Review
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC in Review
- Red Giant Universe In Review
- Adobe Creative Cloud 2014 for Designers
- Interview With Marc Brunet, Senior Character Artist at Blizzard Entertainment