Carbon Scatter 2015: Edit and Populate Millions of Plants Per Second!
October 20, 2014 1:14 am
THE MOST POWERFUL POPULATION PLUGIN FOR 3DS MAX, MAYA AND CINEMA 4D
Beaverton, Oregon: e-on software, the leader in Digital Nature solutions, today announced the release of Carbon Scatter 2015, the company's advanced instancing plugins for 3ds Max, Maya and Cinema 4D.
Derived from e-on software's acclaimed EcoSystem™ technology, Carbon Scatter 2015 is the easiest and most straightforward solution for creating complex and detailed populations using the native instancing technologies of the host application.
With super-fast population algorithms (create over 1 million instances per second!), Carbon Scatter 2015 adds compatibility with animated PlantFactory vegetation, new paint brushes (add instances, jitter, raise, repel, attract, lean...), convert to native instances for rendering without Carbon Scatter (and with any renderer), native support for V-Ray 3 and GPU rendering (Octane, V-Ray RT, etc.), easy specimen replacement and a lot more!
With Carbon Scatter Pro, users can customize plant species directly, for even greater variability and control (see below).
Key features of Carbon Scatter 2015
Carbon Scatter 2015 integrates e-on's patented EcoSystem™ algorithms directly inside the end user's favorite 3D application, allowing the population of native scenes with millions of instances and rendering them with the user's renderer of choice.
Key benefits of Carbon Scatter 2015 include:
- Render billions of polygons easily thanks to lightning fast instancing
- Convert to native instances for rendering without Carbon Scatter
- Render with any renderer including GPU path-tracers (Octane, VRayRT, ...)
- Populate millions of instances per second!
- Use PlantFactory models and customize them using the Plant Editor*
- Interactive population – change a setting, Carbon Scatter repopulates in a blink
- Add/modify instances with your mouse using jitter, raise, repel, attract, lean... brushes
- Populate in all directions around objects
- Animate instances (including wind in plants) with full de-phasing control
- Control placement, height, size, orientation... using bitmaps or procedural graphs
- Create populations with multiple layers and control how they influence each other
- Scatter inside/along curves, stack instances (e.g. to create piles of rubble on a path)
- Ships with over 100 3D plant species (with variations!) and 130+ billboard trees
*Carbon Scatter Pro only
Vegetation Customization with Carbon Scatter Pro
Based on e-on software's renowned procedural plant technology, Carbon Scatter Pro lets the user easily customize any of the plants included with Carbon Scatter, get more plants from cornucopia3d.com and the PlantFactory Nursery and allows creation of their own, unique plant species.
Carbon Scatter Pro is natively compatible with PlantFactory content (even if the user doesn't own PlantFactory).
This means that Carbon Scatter Pro is capable of animating natively all the exposed plant properties (such as Health, Seasonality or any other published plant parameter) by re-generating the plant geometry as required, as well as allow tweaking the look of the plant using Carbon Scatter Pro's Plant Editor.
Users can adjust the settings for the entire plant, or work on individual subsets of the plant (trunk, branches leaves...). Textures for any subset can be edited or replaced, so custom pictures and scans can be used to create new realistic leaves and trunks.
Newly created plants can be saved as specimens for later use. Each plant populations will automatically feature variations for that extra-realistic look.
Pricing and Availability
Carbon Scatter 2015 is available in English for Windows XP, Vista, 7 and Windows 8 (32 and 64 bit), and on Mac OSX 10.7 to 10.9 (Mac Intel only, 32 and 64 bit). One license of Carbon Scatter can be used with all compatible applications and renderers installed on the end user's system.
Carbon Scatter Pro 2015 retails for $295, Carbon Scatter 2015 retails for $195.
Compatible applications and renderers:
- Carbon Scatter 2015 works with 3ds Max, with native support for MentalRay and V-Ray renderers (3ds Max 2011 to 2015).
- Carbon Scatter 2015 works with Maya with native support for MentalRay and V-Ray renderers (Maya 2012 to 2015).
- Carbon Scatter 2015 for Cinema4D works with the native renderer, and will work with all other renderers that are compatible with Cinema4D instances. Such renderers include VrayC4D or m4d (mental ray for Cinema4D) for instance (Cinema 4D R12 to R16)
E-on software expects to release the free Carbon Scatter 2015
Trial version in Q4 2014.
About e-on software
E-on software is the leading developer of solutions for the creation, animation, rendering and integration of natural 3D environments (VUE, PlantFactory, Ozone and Carbon Scatter), as well as real-time immersive visualization tools for Architecture (LumenRT). Offering a wide array of Digital Nature products and applications, e-on software provides solutions adapted to every project and budget. E-on software products are used worldwide by the film, television, architecture, game, science, educational and entertainment industries.
E-on software products were used in feature films such as "The Croods", "Dragons 1&2", "Hunger Games", "Hugo", "Tintin", "Super 8", "Thor", "Avatar", "Clash of the Titans", "Sucker Punch", "Despicable Me 1&2", "The Wolf Man", "2012", "Lovely Bones", "GI Joe – The Rise of the Cobra", "Land of the Lost", "Terminator 4, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button", "Indiana Jones 4", "Monster Vs Aliens", "Australia", "The Spiderwick Chronicles", "KungFu Panda", "Pirates of the Caribbean 2" and TV series such as "Spartacus", "Smallville", "Battlestar Gallactica", "Caprica", "Stargate Atlantis", "Stargate Continuum", "The Vampire Diaries" and more. Read more on these stories in e-on software's Spotlights section: www.e-onsoftware.com/spotlight.
E-on software was founded on the premise that powerful graphics tools should never get in the way of the designer's creativity. By investing significant resources into research and development, e-on software is able to deliver cutting-edge, user friendly technologies that produce stunning Digital Nature scenery.
E-on software is based in Beaverton, Oregon with an European office in Paris, France.
Visit their website at http://www.e-onsoftware.com.
Editor's Note: Be sure to also visit...
- Renderosity Vue Community
- Renderosity Vue Free Stuff
- Renderosity Vue Tutorials
- Renderosity Vue MarketPlace
Please note: If you find the color of the text hard to read, please click on "Printer-friendly" and black text will appear on a white background.
Please take a moment to join Renderosity's Newsletter List to receive news and information from Renderosity!