Fri, Apr 26, 10:17 AM CDT

Welcome to the Genesis 3 to Poser-FREE Utility Help Forum

Genesis 3 to Poser-FREE Utility Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2023 Sep 06 11:48 am)

Subject: Welcome to the Genesis 3 to Poser-FREE utility help and support forum

elcarmen ( ) posted Sat, 26 November 2016 at 3:50 PM

willdial posted at 10:50PM Sat, 26 November 2016 - #4291012

You need 3.5. Version 4 and up are completely different setup and has compatibility issues. For Windows 7, go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows feature on or off. Check "Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5.1"

I have uninstalled Net 4.5 framework and installed Net 3.5.1 framework. I have checked "Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5.1" on Windows feature. Nothing has changed. Each time I move any dial of Pose Controls - Head the result is the same or similar.

EAQS ( ) posted Wed, 28 December 2016 at 10:51 PM

Is the updater intended to work with other partial figure parts like the genesis genitals or other partial body parts like external eyebrows that have a similar bone structure as the base figure? I ask becuase I exported both of those from DS to Poser as I did for Genesis 3 but the morphs don't seem to work and the updater pops up an error when I try to use it on those individual body parts.

willdial ( ) posted Fri, 30 December 2016 at 6:51 PM

The updater is designed for Genesis 3 Female and Genesis 3 Male. The stuff it adds is only for those two figures.

DocMatter ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2016 at 8:48 AM

willdial posted at 8:47AM Sat, 31 December 2016 - #4284283

People have been able to use Winebottler to run it in a Mac.

If anyone out there who's been able to do this on a Mac could post a little tutorial, I'd be extremely grateful! (I'm having trouble figuring out how WineBottler works as well.)

DocMatter ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2017 at 11:33 PM

Okay, when G3 shows up in Poser pro 11 looking like this (after following all the steps to get her out of DAZ), I'm stopping cause I know somethings already wrong! (I haven't applied the updater yet.) . She had textures when she was in Daz.Screen Shot 2017-01-01 at 11.30.04 PM.png

willdial ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2017 at 5:08 PM

It looks like the DSON Importer didn't import properly. Sometimes Iray materials will break the importer, but it would throw an error.

Sometimes the DSON Importer doesn't generate files correctly. I find that you would need to delete the CR2 created by the DSON importer. It would be in the DSON folder in the Runtime. Unfortunately, the file is buried under subfolders that are unique for each machine.

DocMatter ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2017 at 5:17 PM

I found the cr2s, deleted them and tried the DSON importer again and got the same results. Is it the DSON version? Or the fact I have a Mac?

DocMatter ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2017 at 5:34 PM

I think my problem might be that I don't have DSON installed in my Poser 11 (or if it's already installed, I can't find it.) . However, I've tried downloading it from Daz (the Mac version) and it refuses to install. DSIM says it has an invalid path because it wants to install in PP2014, so I tried to manually install it, but when I click on the icon it says it's unable to open the installer. Sigh!

DocMatter ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2017 at 5:50 PM

Never mind, it is installed since it came with Poser pro 11. But I have no idea what version it is.

mercutioaquarius ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2017 at 6:03 PM

I have same error like DocMatter . I made a Poser CF file from the material (save like Poser material) and applied it. It solved the blue figure problem. But the hole in the neck is bothering.

willdial ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2017 at 6:35 PM

The hole is the neck is a bug in DSON Importer 1.2. It also causes a whole in Genesis 2 Female's ankle. If you use a previous version like 1.1.3.49, you don't get the hole.

mercutioaquarius ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2017 at 2:58 AM

Big thx WD!, I will try...

mercutioaquarius ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2017 at 3:56 AM

It works. The previous DSON Importer doesn't make hole in the neck. And the Iray shader must be disabled, change the material to 3Delight before saving. THX Willdial!

DocMatter ( ) posted Mon, 30 January 2017 at 9:11 PM

mercutioaquarius posted at 9:11PM Mon, 30 January 2017 - #4295095

I made a Poser CF file from the material (save like Poser material) and applied it. It solved the blue figure problem. But the hole in the neck is bothering.

How did you make that Poser CF file for the material? Keep in mind, I know very little about Daz3D. Thanks!

DocMatter ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2017 at 5:59 PM

Well, I finally found the older DSON 1.1.3.49 version and installed it, but now the G3 that gets imported over to Poser has only 69 B and causes Poser to crash when I try and open the file. Sigh! You know, if people would still keep making more stuff for V4, I wouldn't have to go through all this.

DocMatter ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2017 at 9:55 PM

Thanks to Willdial I've got G3 into Poser, but my problem now is trying to run his program on my Mac. I've got Wine, but when I run the program using it, it won't let me find the file I need. (It'l just let me look in the C, D, etc. drives that windows likes, but not the Mac folders that are actually on my computer.) Can anyone who's done this using Wine or Winebottler help me out here? Thanks!

mercutioaquarius ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2017 at 4:12 PM

DocMatter posted at 11:12PM Fri, 03 February 2017 - #4296241

mercutioaquarius posted at 9:11PM Mon, 30 January 2017 - #4295095

I made a Poser CF file from the material (save like Poser material) and applied it. It solved the blue figure problem. But the hole in the neck is bothering.

How did you make that Poser CF file for the material? Keep in mind, I know very little about Daz3D. Thanks!

Daz3D_PoserCF-material.jpg

DocMatter ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2017 at 4:23 PM

Thanks! That did the trick!

DocMatter ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2017 at 4:12 PM

Finally got G3 into Poser, along with some clothes, textures, poses, etc... (Still having a little issue with G3 expression files (fc2s) working properly, but what the heck.) here's my first official full G3 render. MagdaTest2.jpg

mercutioaquarius ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2017 at 7:01 AM · edited Sun, 05 February 2017 at 7:05 AM

DocMatter posted at 1:51PM Sun, 05 February 2017 - #4296604

Finally got G3 into Poser, along with some clothes, textures, poses, etc... (Still having a little issue with G3 expression files (fc2s) working properly, but what the heck.) here's my first official full G3 render.

I like it... You should check the materials, there are bump and specular nodes. Maybe you must add them manually.

materialnodes.jpg

They aren't perfect values, this should be tried in.

DocMatter ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2017 at 9:17 AM

Yeah, I'm slowly figuring that out. The imported material files were pretty simplistic.

Nazuroth ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2017 at 5:06 PM

Can this utility also be used with genesis 3 models like Michael and Victoria or just the base models?

Fenix11 ( ) posted Sat, 11 February 2017 at 2:12 PM

Just started playing around with G3 in Poser this weekend. Thank you for putting this utility together. Everything has mostly been smooth so far. Only issue I'm having at the moment is that it the dialed expressions seem to break if I conform clothing to the figure. Any previously dialed expressions stick but I'm unable to dial new ones. Just wondering if this is a common issue or if it's something unique to my setup. Thanks again.

mercutioaquarius ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2017 at 10:17 AM

Nazuroth posted at 5:14PM Sun, 12 February 2017 - #4297108

Can this utility also be used with genesis 3 models like Michael and Victoria or just the base models?

After you installed the new characters into the Daz, you must start the procedure from the beginning. The Character dials appear in Poser also.

Artisticmaniac ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2017 at 11:25 PM

Hey everyone i followed the tutorial step by step but every time i load the updated cr2 all i get is an outline of the model. I tried with G3M and G3F. Any help guys?

mercutioaquarius ( ) posted Sat, 25 March 2017 at 10:40 AM

Artisticmaniac posted at 4:39PM Sat, 25 March 2017 - #4300339

Hey everyone i followed the tutorial step by step but every time i load the updated cr2 all i get is an outline of the model. I tried with G3M and G3F. Any help guys?

did you try to render? You need min. 8 GB RAM..

Artisticmaniac ( ) posted Sat, 25 March 2017 at 1:31 PM

When I render the model doesnt show up at all. I can load and render other things fine except for the Genesis characters

mercutioaquarius ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2017 at 4:25 PM

Artisticmaniac posted at 11:22PM Fri, 31 March 2017 - #4300412

When I render the model doesnt show up at all. I can load and render other things fine except for the Genesis characters

Which poser do you use? Did you install the older DSon importer? Can you show a screenshot about the inloaded genesis figure?

cspear ( ) posted Sat, 01 April 2017 at 5:57 AM · edited Sat, 01 April 2017 at 5:58 AM

I'm falling at the first hurdle. I've made progress from the results outlined here:: I uninstalled DSON version 1.2 and replaced it with 1.1.3.50 getting this result: G3 TRiax in DS.png

I thought I'd try doing the TriaX conversion in DAZ Studio and importing that:

G3 Triax in XL.png

There's a subtle difference between the results which is that the 'cage' is not visible in the XL version. (I think I have the images mixed up)

My guess is that it's not the TriaX conversion via eXtended Library that's the issue here.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

mercutioaquarius ( ) posted Sun, 02 April 2017 at 2:19 PM

Did you install to the DAZstudio only the original gen3fem or more character preset?

cspear ( ) posted Mon, 03 April 2017 at 5:09 AM

mercutioaquarius posted at 11:02AM Mon, 03 April 2017 - #4301314

Did you install to the DAZstudio only the original gen3fem or more character preset?

I don't understand your question - are you asking if there are character presets in my DAZ content folder? In which case the answer is 'yes', but I haven't attempted to load these yet.

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

mercutioaquarius ( ) posted Mon, 03 April 2017 at 1:14 PM

When you start a Gen3 figure in the Daz, it loads all installed character possibilities. If you use Daz Install manager, just try to revoke all of the characters, Use the simple gen3. If it works, try to reinstall only character and one more, step by step. Maybe there is only one character what jumbles the figure. (sorry for my English)

High_lord_Kane ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2017 at 12:35 PM · edited Fri, 16 June 2017 at 12:41 PM

I'm trying to use the XL content Libravy to load G3. The figure loads (then goes FUBAR when you try to pose it) and gives the following error message which I don't get:

UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xb0 in position 28: invalid start byte Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:/Grafik/Poser 10 Pro 64/Runtime/Python/poserScripts/ScriptsMenu/Dimension3D/XL.py", line 709, in listApply

File "C:/Grafik/Poser 10 Pro 64/Runtime/Python/poserScripts/ScriptsMenu/Dimension3D/XL.py", line 1046, in loadFile

File "C:/Grafik/Poser 10 Pro 64/Runtime/Python/poserScripts/ScriptsMenu/Dimension3D/XL.py", line 1090, in loadContentFile

File "C:/Grafik/Poser 10 Pro 64/Runtime/Python/poserScripts/ScriptsMenu/Dimension3D/XL.py", line 1131, in loadDson SystemError: NULL result without error in PyObject_Call

I don't have Poser 10 or a folder called "Grafik". Is DSON what's screwing up? DSON preferences say it's version 1.1.3.50 PLEASE HELP!! I DON"T UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

willdial ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2017 at 7:12 PM

That appears to be an issue with the XL Content Library. Unfortunately, the creator, Dimension3D, recently passed away. I have no idea how his XL library handled DSON content.

High_lord_Kane ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2017 at 3:18 AM · edited Wed, 21 June 2017 at 3:22 AM

After losing my cool and giving up, I came back and tried a few new things. First, everything for Genesis 2 works fine, so I know DSON is not the problem, importer or no importer. I've watched Youtube videos, followed step by step instructions and every time I get the same result: errors, no matter what I do or how I do it. Gen 3 male now loads without errors, but distorts like a circus freak if you try to move him. My problem is I can't get the base figures in. Clothes and everything seem to load fine. Even the original method using DS (re-rig, create PCFs, etc) results in this error (screencap):

Is it because I have extra characters installed and it's too much for my RAM or something? Is it because the program and content are on different drives (Seems unlikely because genesis 2 works)? I can't figure out python for the life of me, and I don't know what any of this means so I can't fix it (even google hasn't been able to help). Any-body out there know enough to tell me what this error means? If the program is just being difficult and not gonna cooperate, I can live with that... but I need to know why.Poser error.png

Oh, and if you're wondering why not just use DS... I HATE, LOATHE AND DESPISE that f#%&ing program.

willdial ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2017 at 6:30 PM

Look at Solution 2 in this thread. Since Gen 3 male loads, DSON importer could have left files behind that cause problems.

High_lord_Kane ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2017 at 5:53 AM

Thank you. Thank You. Thank You. I've gotten everything to load without distortions. Genesis 3 male loads absolutely perfectly, including the default textures. G3F works just fine, but doesn't load the default texture. This is merely a slight inconvenience as putting a texture on the figure is simple, but any idea why this would happen? Also, in Poser Pro 2014 you could load Genesis 2, load the clothing and then pose the figure, but in poser 11 you have to pose the figure before loading the clothes (frustrating because I keep forgetting that). Do you know what changed? If there are no answers to these questions, they're not important. Thank you again, for helping me with the main problem of getting the Genesis 3 figures into Poser.

willdial ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2017 at 6:48 PM

You can pose Genesis 3 after conforming clothes. You need to run the "Transfer Active Morphs" from the DSON Support menu after posing to copy Genesis 3's JCMs to the clothes.

Dkgoose ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2017 at 3:04 PM

Any chance of a version for G8F? Even if it's to be sold in the marketplace :)

willdial ( ) posted Sat, 22 July 2017 at 8:23 AM

The current tool is able to update G8F with no problems.

Dkgoose ( ) posted Sat, 22 July 2017 at 10:31 AM

Oh nice I didn't realize that :) thank you

colorcurvature ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2017 at 12:34 PM

has there been a solution or root cause found for elcarmen 's issue of exploding expressions? it seems some people have had this problem but i did not find a solution

colorcurvature ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2017 at 1:18 PM

i think i have found something strange... it seems the updater writes the weights of the copied maps in a wrong number format on my system. instead of using the common floating format e.g. 0.005 for a value, it writes a values like 123456,00 so it using the comma instead of the dot and numbers that are scaled really a lot. the few values I have checked and compared with the original map, I think it scaled the values by exactly 30000000 ... some localization issue?

willdial ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2017 at 4:25 PM

colorcurvature posted at 2:24PM Wed, 23 August 2017 - #4312737

i think i have found something strange... it seems the updater writes the weights of the copied maps in a wrong number format on my system. instead of using the common floating format e.g. 0.005 for a value, it writes a values like 123456,00 so it using the comma instead of the dot and numbers that are scaled really a lot. the few values I have checked and compared with the original map, I think it scaled the values by exactly 30000000 ... some localization issue?

If the Updater does not read 1.1 in the bottom right corner. Please re-download. 1.1 takes care of a localization issue.

TaishoBee ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2017 at 5:23 PM

Will this support Gen 8 Male/Michael 8?

Poser Pro 11 (always updated to current version available) . Laptop Specs: Intel Core i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz :: 16 GB Ram :: Windows 10 Pro

Iuvenis_Scriptor ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2017 at 3:03 AM

I apologize if this has been answered already, Willdial, but are planning to make an updater for the Genesis 8 conforming eyelashes? I notice that they don't quite follow the edges of the eyelids in certain expressions (though they work remarkably well overall), and I was wondering if an updater would fix that. I tried applying the one meant for G3 and got an error message. The decision to separate the lashes from the main figure is probably the single most bizarre decision I've ever seen Daz make.

By the way, if anyone wants to try out a potential new product for G8F specifically designed for use in Poser Pro 11, I might have something for you.

hgrender ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2017 at 10:16 AM

Is anyone able to tell me where to find the dson imp. 1.1.3.49 or 1.1.3.50. I can´t find it.

hexchen_uta ( ) posted Sat, 14 October 2017 at 9:26 AM

Hello my english is very miss, so please excuse the.schon times in advance. My question is, how do I get now the Genenis 3 figure in my Poser. is the at all into poser 10, if please write me very extensively because I in no professional.

Hallo mein englisch ist sehr miss , also bitte entschuldigt das.schon mal im voraus. Meine Frage ist , wie bekomme ich denn nun die Genenis 3 Figur in mein Poser. geht das überhaupt ins Poser 10, wenn bitte mir sehr ausführlich schreiben denn ich in kein Profi.

nathana21 ( ) posted Fri, 24 November 2017 at 9:02 PM

deformed_pose.png

When I apply a pose, I get this. I'm using XL because the shaderlibrary is defunct now. When I apply a t-pose again, I get the normal model.

any ideas?

willdial ( ) posted Fri, 24 November 2017 at 11:41 PM

Try clearing the DSON cache and the generated files.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.