Mon, Jun 17, 2:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 05 3:36 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: figured out what is causing the g8f toe issue in carrara

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 28 October 2019 at 3:34 PM · edited Fri, 14 June 2024 at 7:13 PM

ca look what not highlighted.JPG

the offending verts are not in the actor vertex group there is a section in the geometry library called root region and under that maps with values. the values list is missing about a 1,000 numbers, which i've isolated with the help of microsoft access relationship database magic

so, there is good news and bad news.

the good news, those numbers are easily addable with notepad. the bad mews, the fix solves the issue n carrara. the bad news, it breaks her for faz studio, she loads as cubes. ideally the new root region map in the character preset, is the best for both programs, at this time, i don't kmow how to add a modifier for the maps. experimenting, but havent figured it out yet.

As a quick temporary fix, i backed up the original g8f dsf file, manually pasted the missing numbers, loaded g8f beta in carrara. dragged her to the carrara tray to make a toe behaved g8f restored the original dsf file. hardly an ideal situation, but it worked.

this is a triax version of g8f i recently finished, have to test her some more then i'll add her preset to the free stuff layla3.jpg

doesnt seem to be a way to attach a text file here.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 28 October 2019 at 4:46 PM · edited Mon, 28 October 2019 at 4:52 PM

G8F Toe Fix Workaround

pasting in the missing numbers

navigate to the file Genesis8Female.dsf your content lib ,data,DAZ 3D,Genesis 8,Female

make a backup of the dsf file, make 2 or 3 to be sure, lol

open Genesis8Female.dsf in notepad (or dson editor if you have it.)

do a find for "count" : 2286, (zoom to the region maps section)

edit ** the count to "count" : 2467**

copy g8f's missiing region map list of numbers, here and paste it in to the beginning of the value list

list should now start with 9236

save 😹

open carrara and load g8f beta. save a new carrara file, select all internal, i left it uncompressed.

load this new saved file, drag g8f to the object pane. to save a carrara version

navigate back to the file Genesis8Female.dsf your content lib ,data,DAZ 3D,Genesis 8,Female rename this something to remember it has the new map rename the backed up original file to Genesis8Female.dsf

in future, swap these files whenever you want to save a fresh g8f

list of numbers to add to temporary Genesis8Female.dsf

results__

notepad fix toes step1.JPGnotepad fix toes step2.JPGnotepad fix toes ste3 change count to2467 .JPGnotepad fix toes step3.JPG

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 28 October 2019 at 6:45 PM · edited Mon, 28 October 2019 at 6:47 PM

also, before you change the dsf file back to the original, load the g8f beta figure into ds. Save her as a scene subset, it should embed the geometry, and fix, into the character. workin pretty good so far.

i tracked down a few of those missing numbers at the top of the list, those are in her left eye anyone experiencing weirdness with her left eye?

headwax. ( ) posted Mon, 28 October 2019 at 7:16 PM

just terrific, thank you once again, you be a genius :)

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2019 at 8:07 AM
MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 30 October 2019 at 3:21 PM

went thru the steps again on my dayjob pc. worked. so happy her toes have been a thorn in my life since the beta preset

it literally took less than 3 minutes.

basically,

is just swap out the original Genesis8Female.dsf file. -original

edit a copy of it the file by pasting in the list of numbers from a file i posted online.

temporarily swap in the edited Genesis8Female.dsf - extra numbers.

load the g8f beta in carrara, save her to the tray so that she has the fix embedded.

then swap back in the original Genesis8Female.dsf file.

any time you want a fresh g8f for carrara, for example, you added more morphs for her, just swap those 2 dsf files and save fresh to carrara

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2019 at 2:08 PM

another run through of the fix

went thru the steps again on my dayjob pc.

it literally took less than 3 minutes.

basically,

1 is just swap out the original Genesis8Female.dsf file. -original, copy, rename it like -original

2 next, edit a copy of it the file

3 open Genesis8Female.dsf file in word pad, note pad, or other text editor.

toe fix 1.JPG

4 do a find for "count" : 2286, - edit the count number to "count" : 2467

copy list of numbers, here hereand paste it in after the bracket exactly in front of 14082,

toe fix 2.JPG

5 temporarily swap in the edited Genesis8Female.dsf - extra numbers.

7 load the g8f beta in carrara, save her to the tray so that she has the fix embedded.

toe fix 3.JPG

9 then swap back in the original Genesis8Female.dsf file.

10 any time you want a fresh g8f for carrara, for example, you added more morphs for her, just swap those 2 dsf files and save fresh to carrara tray

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 05 November 2019 at 12:13 PM

Much easier way to fix the morph group inside carrara!

Load the G8F carrara beta preset into a new scene

highlight Actor, go to the modeling room (wrench)

morphs tab. you'll see a list of her morph groups.

in the morph tab,

highlight Actor. there are 2 actor groups, highlight the one on the bottom of the list.

click delete to delete the actor group.

in preview window, ctrl A to select the whole mesh

click create, it will give a random morph area name.

in the current area box, type over it , Actor click outside the box. (case sensitive)

then save her to carrara tray. much easier than text pasting lol

actor fix in carrara.JPG

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 06 November 2019 at 9:18 AM

the message about deleting un needed something or other?

reply 'no' to that.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 06 November 2019 at 9:47 AM

nevermind the inside carrara method. not all her morphs survive the delete Actor group

ProPose001 ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2022 at 1:07 AM · edited Sun, 05 June 2022 at 1:07 AM

How did I miss this thread started by Misty?

But no matter,  I made the same discovery a couple of months ago, from a different angle, using the geometry editor in DazStudio.  In particular the "Actor" region of the loaded figurehCpbZPiJoEzJ5KyGvFATuCTcengQsxY9OWvBS4zP.JPG

If you hide all the unselected regions you can better see all the geometry that is assigned to the actor region.

If you examine every other Genesis generation, including Genesis 8.1,  you will notice that in all of them the Actor count is zero (0).  So why is that??  To me it seems like whoever designed G8 forgot to assign all this geometry into their proper groups.  If you have a better explanation (Daz 3D)  I'd like to hear it.  

I went through the painful exercise regrouping all the geometry in the actor region into their, what I believed to be, their proper locations until I got a zero count in the actor region.  Having achieved that, I saved the resulting figure as a character preset.  And guess what,  it loaded into Carrara without crashing, I had a posable figure in Carrara.  BUT...  It also "broke" all the morphs and character presets, as Misty also realized.  So what did I accomplish?  Nothing! Because to use this "fixed" figure I'd have to fix or rebuild everything that was built upon the original (flawed) base figure, which is beyond my expertise.  So I zipped it up, and archived it for future pondering.  I'd still like to know why all that geometry was abandoned to the actor region.

But that's enough of that, as Coach would say, "We're on to Cincinnati"

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2022 at 2:17 PM

same reason they made spelling errors that crash Carrara in 3 already. 

Sloppy work.

It doesn't just cause issues in Carrara BTW, FBX export can have issues with shoes

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

ProPose001 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2022 at 4:11 AM · edited Wed, 22 June 2022 at 4:11 AM

Just for the hell of it I applied Victoria 8 to the Gemini for G8.1 Female preset by Misty.  I used the latest beta version of Daz Studio 4.20.xxxxxxxxx.  I assembled all the content I wanted to use into a Genesis 8 Content folder, that is, morph packs like all the Zev0 Morphs, plus a few more, and the V8 + HD addon.  I also create a "My Carrara Library" in my "My Documents" folder.  I also add  "People / Genesis 8 Female" subfolders under "My Carrara Library"  I'm not sure if the location matters that much, but this machine only has one massive 4TB drive so that's where I put it.  Load up Gemini in Daz Studio, apply V8 to Gemini, just to see how she looks.  Looks good, so I Zero the figure.  Now go to File - Save As - Support Asset - Figure/Prop Asset. I just call mine "Gemini".  My save options come up like this:

aEnJ1v7EdQuo181rbkTMlHgexto3hhue2fi9YSi9.JPG

I don't change anything, just click accept

Fire up Carrara, add "My Carrara Library" to the Content tab in the Browser,  Then Load up Gemini, dial in V8,  and if you like morph dials, well you got a lot of them, expecially if you forget to strip out the Meta Mixer stuff.  

ZKQxq0oa9rE09PI2o3SOLwpwPAzlHriXjWFA88aN.JPG

BL14Y1oqaSnkpNaOHDGG7zKgSItPRVqsfWwivBo0.JPG

No Toe problem, which was the point of all this

ProPose001 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2022 at 4:24 AM

If you want an Anatomically Correct version by merging the gens then you're still going to need DS4.10 to accomplish that cause the latest beta of DS still makes a mess of things in that regard.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2022 at 4:58 AM

thankyou, I must look into this one day (too busy playing with V4 and M4 stuff lately)

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

ProPose001 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2022 at 5:31 PM · edited Wed, 22 June 2022 at 5:31 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Couldn't resist, had to make a "Real" version of Victoria 8 using the Gemini8.1 preset

YLZoBxTU4mFIjndCTWq1V6hUkd3bVzsoZbfkd7FO.JPG

Merged the Gens and the G8F Eyelashes into Gemini.  

diomede ( ) posted Sun, 03 July 2022 at 5:35 PM
MistyLaraCarrara posted at 3:34 PM Mon, 28 October 2019 - #2939272

ca look what not highlighted.JPG

the offending verts are not in the actor vertex group there is a section in the geometry library called root region and under that maps with values. the values list is missing about a 1,000 numbers, which i've isolated with the help of microsoft access relationship database magic

so, there is good news and bad news.

the good news, those numbers are easily addable with notepad. the bad mews, the fix solves the issue n carrara. the bad news, it breaks her for faz studio, she loads as cubes. ideally the new root region map in the character preset, is the best for both programs, at this time, i don't kmow how to add a modifier for the maps. experimenting, but havent figured it out yet.

As a quick temporary fix, i backed up the original g8f dsf file, manually pasted the missing numbers, loaded g8f beta in carrara. dragged her to the carrara tray to make a toe behaved g8f restored the original dsf file. hardly an ideal situation, but it worked.

this is a triax version of g8f i recently finished, have to test her some more then i'll add her preset to the free stuff layla3.jpg

doesnt seem to be a way to attach a text file here.

I am still amazed that Daz3D never fixed this.

ProPose001 ( ) posted Sun, 03 July 2022 at 6:01 PM

Actually I think they did, with the release of version 8.1. at least that's the way I see it.  None of the issues in 8 exist in 8.1 as far as the "abandoned" geometry is concerned.  But as Misty pointed out, fixing 8 is not an option because so much content was created by a whole bunch of artists, that would no longer work as intended.  So rather than fixing something, it's better to update, and generate a new revenue stream with a new product, while still keeping the old product viable.  I'm actually getting comfortable with 8.1 and it has actually become my go to figure.  The benefit is that I can use most of the stuff for G8 on G8.1

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.