Tue, May 21, 3:34 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 19 9:23 pm)

Subject: Making a prop glow inside a box

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2013 at 7:40 PM · edited Mon, 11 March 2013 at 7:43 PM

Thank you, and you are welcome, putrdude.  ^^

I took the firefighter's job simply to pay for college;  the free time in the evenings also allowed me to study.  The original plan was to go into either medicine or engineering. But soon I found that I reveled in the mayhem of firefighting.
:woot:   So, although I did finish the degrees, I stayed with the fire department.  It doesn't pay as much, but it well suits my Celtic & Viking blood.  :biggrin:  

Quote -   Got any gnarly powers, besides wand making? 

Um, well, I can make a pretty good pixie dust.shrug  TinkerBell is my muse.Tinksigh     .       I used to have a spotty firedog who was faster than a goosed moose and able to make firehouse leftovers disappear as if by magic.dog

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

putrdude ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 1:32 PM

Even better!

Dirk Daggard, Lifeguard/Firefighter with a spaceship, travels the galaxies with his trusty dog, Spot. 

Got any kids?  "IF" I ever finish this book, (second version so far ugh!) you can fight with them over it.  You would love it.  Lots of fairies, pixie dust galore.  It's a childrens' book, so I'm not sure it's right for a spaceship riding, firefighting, physics biologist manly man! But then again, you make tinkerbell pics, so...

I like to use Poser pics to give me an idea of what is in my head, hence the evil wand etc. Don't think I'll  be using them in the book, unless it stinks, and nobody wants to publish it, except me. :)  Publishers typically pick their own illustrator, and often dont use illustrations unless its a picture book.  Oh well.  Still fun to do.  

Anyway, thanks Dirk.  Very nice of you to have helped and made the wand "thingy" (that's the technical term I like to throw around to show off.)  I'm a  poser ignoramous, but I try.  Photoshop helps me hide my incompetence.

Thanks muchly!  I won't forget your help.

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 4:43 PM · edited Tue, 12 March 2013 at 4:49 PM

Hmmm, funny - I use Poser to hide my PhotoShop incompetence. puzzled  Heh, heh.  If you are using Poser to sort of storyboard your work, you might want to try Poser's sketch renderer (as opposed to Firefly).  It simulates pencil, charcoal, etc drawings.

A dog on a spaceship - would always want to open a window and stick it's head out so it's ears could flap in the wind. :laugh:  It is a great mercy that man still has one species which calls him friend. dog

A traditional male admiring TinkerBell?  Those two characteristics aren't in conflict;  indeed, it is natural.  TinkerBell is a petite, trim yet shapely (her top half fits through a keyhole, but her derriere gets stuck! :tongue2: ) blue-eyed blonde whose personality is exquisitely feminine.  She's very ladylike;  even her imperfections (jealousy, temper, etc) are so characteristically feminine as to be endearing - a male's natural reaction is to just smile and ride out the tempest. :rolleyes:

Frankly, I think that women would do better to follow TinkerBell as a role model, rather than so many of the current crop of singers, actresses, and anti-feminine "feminists".

I recall reading that when a reporter asked Walt Disney who was his favorite character, Disney said something to the effect of "Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck have made me a lot of money over the years, but I'm head over heels in love with TinkerBell!" Tinksigh

Poser 12, in feet.  

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

putrdude ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 5:51 PM

Well your dog would be wearing a space helmet, so he could open the window and stick his head out.  Duh.

I always liked tinkerbell too, but my fondness for her was surpassed when I watched  Rocky & Bullwinkle and found my true soulmate: the Fractured Fairy Tale fairy.  Julia Roberts ruined tinkerbell forever.

As for traditional males admiring Tinkerbell.  You would not believe how much razzing I get for writing a book about fairies.

Yours in Machonessness,

KOF
King of the Fairies

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 6:13 PM

The dog will want air jets inside the helmet, to make his ears flap, otherwise it just wouldn't be satisfying. :laugh:

Hah!  I remember the Fractured Fairy Tales!  I can still picture the intro and epilogue where the fairy appears, and the theme music! :lol:

Poser 12, in feet.  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.