Mon, Jun 17, 2:07 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 05 3:36 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Here's the scoop!!!!!

Tuck3D ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2001 at 10:54 PM · edited Thu, 13 June 2024 at 1:59 AM

Dear Dreamers, Here is more info on Carrara Studio: Updated version of Carrara: Knowing that it is the most wanted feature, we have spent 100% of our times to work on Carrara stability. The result is nearly 100 major bug fixes. I will post the list later on. Amapi 3D v.5: Included on the inaugural Carrara Studio CD is a completely functional, fully supported version of TGS Amapi 3D, a gift in commemoration of Amapi's 10th anniversary and the merger of Eovia and TGS. Amapi 3D is recognized as one of the most flexible, advanced and fastest NURBS modeler available by professional designers. This product, packed with hundreds of features dedicated to modeling, double the value of Carrara Studio. Best of all, by acquiring Carrara Studio, you become a regular Amapi user and can upgrade to Amapi 3D v.6 (50% off the Amapi 3D v.6 regular price). Example: a MetaCreations Carrara user pay: USD 298.00 only to upgrade to Carrara Studio + Amapi 3D v.6 (instead of USD 800.00 !!!). Or only USD 99.00 for Carrara Studio with the included Amapi 3D v.5. Smart Pack. 25 of the most popular and useful third-party plug-ins developed exclusively for Carrara by Digital Carvers Guild and Lost Horizon Software. Render in cartoon styles, apply advanced procedural shaders like Slope, Brick, Lumberyard and Noise Factory, or apply Global Environment Lighting to illuminate a scene with a surrounding image. All of this, and more, become possible with the SmartPack extensions. I am really enjoying using these plug-ins! I will post soon a few images I have created with them. The new algorithmic shaders and Global Environment Lighting plug-ins are especially exciting. Complete list of plug-ins: Noise Factory, Lumber Yard, Plank Shader, Spherical Gradient, Bricks, Caution, Elevation, Index of Refraction, Noise, Scanlines, Slope, Squares, Tile, Turbulence, Light Tube, Light Shape, Anything Glows, Environmental Lighting, Master Lights, Glare, Toon, 4D Clouds, Noise Tweener, Noise Deformer, Morpher. Carrara QuickTour Carrara Studio includes eight interactive orientation tours of its extensive features in order to boost the learning curve quickly. These interactive tutorials, created by professional users, replace what MetaCreations was calling the "Tutorial Manual"! Carrara Studio also comes with additional goodies: - Unlimited and free technical support on Carrara and Amapi (a service that is getting uncommon in the software industry). - New bitmap textures coming from the best Texture Vendors. - A free and custom tool to create online interactive tutorials for Carrara Studio (Windows system only). - The famous UVMapper from Steve Cox to precisely map textures on objects with UV coordinates. All of this combined with the extremely low prices described previously makes, I believe, an unbeatable offer. As I have publicly said previously, the mission of Eovia is to: - Pursue the Ray Dream's founder vision: create affordable yet powerful 3D software for everyone. - Invent new technologies that make our customers work faster and better. - Reintroduce simple concepts, forgotten by the industry: true customer care and quality. I believe that the new Carrara Studio is indeed a powerful, simple to use, high quality and very affordable product. Happy rendering to all! Antoine Clappier Dear Dreamers, Here is more info on Carrara Studio: Updated version of Carrara: Knowing that it is the most wanted feature, we have spent 100% of our times to work on Carrara stability. The result is nearly 100 major bug fixes. I will post the list later on. Amapi 3D v.5: Included on the inaugural Carrara Studio CD is a completely functional, fully supported version of TGS Amapi 3D, a gift in commemoration of Amapi's 10th anniversary and the merger of Eovia and TGS. Amapi 3D is recognized as one of the most flexible, advanced and fastest NURBS modeler available by professional designers. This product, packed with hundreds of features dedicated to modeling, double the value of Carrara Studio. Best of all, by acquiring Carrara Studio, you become a regular Amapi user and can upgrade to Amapi 3D v.6 (50% off the Amapi 3D v.6 regular price). Example: a MetaCreations Carrara user pay: USD 298.00 only to upgrade to Carrara Studio + Amapi 3D v.6 (instead of USD 800.00 !!!). Or only USD 99.00 for Carrara Studio with the included Amapi 3D v.5. Smart Pack. 25 of the most popular and useful third-party plug-ins developed exclusively for Carrara by Digital Carvers Guild and Lost Horizon Software. Render in cartoon styles, apply advanced procedural shaders like Slope, Brick, Lumberyard and Noise Factory, or apply Global Environment Lighting to illuminate a scene with a surrounding image. All of this, and more, become possible with the SmartPack extensions. I am really enjoying using these plug-ins! I will post soon a few images I have created with them. The new algorithmic shaders and Global Environment Lighting plug-ins are especially exciting. Complete list of plug-ins: Noise Factory, Lumber Yard, Plank Shader, Spherical Gradient, Bricks, Caution, Elevation, Index of Refraction, Noise, Scanlines, Slope, Squares, Tile, Turbulence, Light Tube, Light Shape, Anything Glows, Environmental Lighting, Master Lights, Glare, Toon, 4D Clouds, Noise Tweener, Noise Deformer, Morpher. Carrara QuickTour Carrara Studio includes eight interactive orientation tours of its extensive features in order to boost the learning curve quickly. These interactive tutorials, created by professional users, replace what MetaCreations was calling the "Tutorial Manual"! Carrara Studio also comes with additional goodies: - Unlimited and free technical support on Carrara and Amapi (a service that is getting uncommon in the software industry). - New bitmap textures coming from the best Texture Vendors. - A free and custom tool to create online interactive tutorials for Carrara Studio (Windows system only). - The famous UVMapper from Steve Cox to precisely map textures on objects with UV coordinates. All of this combined with the extremely low prices described previously makes, I believe, an unbeatable offer. As I have publicly said previously, the mission of Eovia is to: - Pursue the Ray Dream's founder vision: create affordable yet powerful 3D software for everyone. - Invent new technologies that make our customers work faster and better. - Reintroduce simple concepts, forgotten by the industry: true customer care and quality. I believe that the new Carrara Studio is indeed a powerful, simple to use, high quality and very affordable product. Happy rendering to all! Antoine Clappier

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2001 at 11:04 PM

This also from Antoine: As it seems that we have already a lot of people calling to purchase upgrades, we are taking pre-orders. As there will be a limited number of boxes available at the beginning, orders are taken on a first come, first served basis. You can order now at: 888-394-2307 (Toll Free) From 8AM to 7PM Central Time. Online orders will be taken starting Monday. I guess that what you now need is prices! Carrara Studio: USD 399.00 Upgrade from MetaCreations Carrara: USD 99.00 Upgrade from Ray Dream, Infini-D to Carrara Studio: USD 149.00 A few comments: As promised a totally free patch will be available for registered users of MetaCreations Carrara. This patch fixes nearly 100 major bugs found in the MetaCreations version. The Carrara 1.1 Updater will be available on Monday (download). Carrara users who want the complete boxed version with Amapi 3D v.5, the Smart Pack (25 plug-ins) and the QuickTour can purchase the: $99.00 upgrade. We have decided to give an exceptional offer to the Ray Dream and Infini-D users: Absolutely all the users of these two products are eligible for this limited in time offer (this includes all versions of Infini-D, Ray Dream 3D, Designer, and Studio). Price is USD 149.00. This is the last opportunity for the Ray Dream and Infini-D users to upgrade to Carrara Studio at very low price.

kaom ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2001 at 1:40 AM

The Carrara 1.1 updater? The old patch for Carrara was 1.01. What version number will the new patch make Carrara? And do we install it on our previously installed version with the old 1.01 patch installed, or will we have to uninstall Carrara and the old patch; then reinstall Carrara and the new 1.? patch.

Ringo ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2001 at 10:57 AM

The information will be available on Monday June 18th. Check the Eovia Website. Later Ringo

Izuel ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2001 at 11:48 AM

Have they done anything to improve the renderer? Right now, the image quality is not up to standard, IMHO.

Nebula-SNS ( ) posted Sat, 16 June 2001 at 12:01 PM

w00t! And there will be much rejoicing on Monday. Anyways... In reply to - "- Reintroduce simple concepts, forgotten by the industry: true customer care and quality." Heh, I suppose this doesn't include PR and communication, or updating your website? Oh well, as long as they come through on their Monday promise. Also, are the included plug-ins full version? Or are they just demos? I'm hoping full, because getting Studio for $99 is better than buying all those individual plugs for >&100. Also, was Anything Grooves left out by mistake, or is Mr. Winemiller not letting Mr. Clapper take his baby (yet)? Nebula Supernova Studios

Ringo ( ) posted Sat, 16 June 2001 at 2:40 PM

Nebula, All the plugins are full versions and have been tested and inproved with the new version of Carrara. Plus remember you are also getting Amapi5 lots more shaders etc. The Website will be offically updated on Monday, June 18. My order got processed yesterday so I may be seeing my Carrara Studio package on tuesday. It's going to be great having a Carrara that doesn't say MetaCreations on it. :-) Later Ringo Monfort

Wonga ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2023 at 11:56 PM

back then long time ago when grass was green

2d5ad214776a363743ca6bec1b9b42.png

Find my Facebook Page Here -- or me on Twitter

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2023 at 11:05 PM

this forum doesn't have much of a turnover sadly and posts get hidden if inactive making finding stuff hard, I do look daily

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

tsarist ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2023 at 4:08 AM
WendyLuvsCatz posted at 11:05 PM Mon, 19 June 2023 - #4468257

this forum doesn't have much of a turnover sadly and posts get hidden if inactive making finding stuff hard, I do look daily

I got all excited thinking there was a Carrara update, til I saw the date.

Wonga ( ) posted Fri, 04 August 2023 at 9:33 PM

lol

keeping the dream alive :-)

Wonga ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2023 at 12:24 AM

gonna be a long wait :-)

3ef5b0421ee558a188f13eac7428d3.png

FirstBastion ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2023 at 2:18 PM

I did enjoy using carrara in the past,  but i must admit have not opened it in a good long while.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.