Renderosity Forums / The Break Room



Welcome to the The Break Room Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433, msansing

The Break Room F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2026 Oct 02 2:51 am)




Subject: people using AI while claiming they are not...


GeorgeWeber ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2026 at 9:18 AM · edited Fri, 02 October 2026 at 3:17 AM

I'm seeing so many images that seem to use AI in the gallery while they claim they are not, so I started testing images using sightengine.com. Its really shocking how many images are being uploaded here that are 99% generated by AI. I'm just ready to leave and call it quits. People have no shame. Go ahead start testing images, you will probably be shocked. It all started with one person who seemed to have a really nice style, too good to be true unfortunately. Every image is AI. 


RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2026 at 9:26 AM
Site Admin

I can't say anything about that particular test site as I haven't used it, but any time I've used an AI tester, I've had more incorrect than correct determinations. I've used my own work so I know if it's AI or not. 


Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 14 and Windows 11


RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2026 at 9:30 AM · edited Tue, 18 August 2026 at 9:30 AM
Site Admin

I recommend rather than posting here, report the images, because I'm not going to guess which ones you mean. 

Please make sure you use this button

rather than this one

because that reports the person not the image and I won't know what image you're taking about.


Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 14 and Windows 11


GeorgeWeber ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2026 at 1:06 AM

Well for that particular user, almost all of his images were coming back as AI. Thats why I used the report user button rather than the report image on that person. Also the whole account is really suspicious. Someone asked him about his workflow and to show a pre-postwork render, and he said he doesn't have any. How does someone not have any of their raw renders saved? In any case I have just reported 3 images that I scanned with 2 different test sites, see for yourself. Its pretty obvious its all AI. 


RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2026 at 7:39 AM
Site Admin

I've responded to you in sitemail about this.


Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 14 and Windows 11


KageRyu ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2026 at 8:37 AM

Honestly, AI detectors can not be trusted.  My hand drawn art will come back as 89 to 90% likelihood it is AI from most of these detectors.  That is not claim someone is or is not using AI, but I am just as frustrated by those going around trying to call out AI and demand "proof" it is not AI as I am with AI.  Some people don't save raws, or progressive saves, or take screencaps of workflow, that;s just the way it is.  Me? I save all sorts of useless data (original scene files, uncomposited elements, PSD layered "masters" before compressing down to JPG, sources and references. etc...) but in all honesty, if someone contacted me demanding to show that proof that I authored something, without it being a legal or administrative matter, my answer would likely be less than polite.

RedPhantom's advice is best, if you suspect a work is AI, report it and move along.  If a particular users work continues to rub you the wrong way, don't view their work.

All art is experimental.  All life is art.

Buy me a coffee, or some ramen?


GeorgeWeber ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2026 at 7:12 AM · edited Thu, 20 August 2026 at 7:12 AM

Sure AI can have false positives I understand that, but there's things you can see with your own eyes. Obvious tell tale signs of AI.  But if he says its postwork, its postwork i guess. But just as an example so you see what I am saying without specifically calling this person out. (Because I wouldn't want to do that.  God forbid.)  Here are partial screenshots of two of his renders, different angles of the same environment that he used in two different renders.

I think most people with functioning eyes and simple pattern recognition would see that AI has been used. The altered buttons on the console should be a dead giveaway.  But if the artist in question is saying its just postwork then i guess it must just be postwork.. lol. There's many more examples like this in his renders by the way, but I'm not gonna beat a dead horse. And look I don't have a problem if people want to use AI, but when a person claims no AI has been used at all in their renders, then I think its a problem. And he is claiming none of his renders use AI. Dude, just own up to it.  

And I won't be responding or posting here again, I'm just deleting my gallery and moving on. I really don't want to post where there is no integrity. I feel like the Renderosity response in the past to AI content by PAs and now in the galleries just rubs me wrong. So I am done here. 

U9I73sKc1RU1HvyagbvPJUev0vmz5GVEBtccwlg5.pngB1A5Sdgr3NHLO4f0aAacKQZ1UFnUmJe6TOIZ0OCl.png


KageRyu ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2026 at 6:30 AM

Wow. Not only is this not a dead giveaway for AI, but that is a really childish response and attitude.

As I said, as bad as AI is, the anti-AI crusaders constantly accusing everyone of AI can be even worse and the attitudes and responses are childish.

I don't use AI, and I have been accused often, and they always cite "dead Givaways".

Even if it is AI, calling it out in the forums does nothing to prevent or reduce it.  At the end of the day, those who use AI and hide it are not going to be shamed into stopping.  It has nothing to do with the integrity of Renderosity or its mods, it is trying to hold back the flood.  AI is everywhere, and is even embedded into tools of many modern graphics programs.  Some people end up using AI if they use Photoshop without even knowing it, as many of Photoshops tools in it's current revision are AI driven or AI supplemented and don't let you know.  Windows 11 is entirely AI powered and stripping the AI is not only a PITA, but you need to keep redoing it every update because it just reinstalls and reactivates all the AI components.

Not sure where else there is to go, as every gallery site everywhere is flooded with AI, and some of the largest endorse and encourage it's use now.  Yeah it sucks, but this is not an attitude that will get you anywhere in preventing or reversing it.

All art is experimental.  All life is art.

Buy me a coffee, or some ramen?


GeorgeWeber ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2026 at 5:03 PM

If you can't see the difference between the buttons on the console and how AI has warped them, then you are just arguing in bad faith. 

Furthermore I'm not even sure why you have injected yourself into the coversation, I'm looking at your renders and I don't see anything that looks remotely like AI, yet you are trying to imply this is some kind of attack on you. Are you ok man? 

I don't just accuse people of using AI willy nilly, I said I am not even against it. What i am against is people claiming something is not AI when it clearly is. I've experimented with AI a lot, so I know what it looks like, what its capable of, and the tell-tale signs of it. I'm not some luddite who doesn't know what I am talking about. yes, the example I posted above is a "dead giveaway", there is no way any normal postwork creates those anomalies. Its not possible, I've used all sorts of filters and many of the tools that artist has claimed to use and those console buttons are not going to be warped like that unless AI has been used.

So just excuse yourself from something you know nothing about it,  you just have no idea what you are talking about. You have made this about you for some reason, when I have no idea who you are, and have never even looked at your renders before today. Looking at them now,  your renders are just regular 3D renders, anyone can see that. If someone accused you of using AI then yeah I would agree they are wrong.  But guess what, not everything on the internet is about you. I think you may have main character syndrome bro. 


KageRyu ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2026 at 6:46 PM

1) I never tried to imply you were attacking me.

2) I directly stated that in past, my hand drawn artwork was accused of AI, none of that artwork is here on Renderosity but you are trying to twist facts.  I am very knowledgable of how unreliable AI detectors are.

3) Renderosity is not the whole of the internet, and there are many places online where ANY CGI at all gets accused of being AI and if you were half as knowledgeable about AI as you claim, you would know this - so calling out that my art is clearly just 3D (even though not all of it is 3D renders) and would not be accused of AI shows you are the one arguing in bad faith.

4) You are posting in a public forum, people will respond.  If you do not want responses in a public forum, then close the thread.  Feel free to ad me to your ignore list for all I care. 

5) I tried discussing reasonably and you responded with a post that was very childish and now you are being insulting.

6) Calling out things like this in a public forum is and always has been in bad taste.  If you have reason to believe the work is AI you use the report image button, and explain what and why, and sorry to tell you, you need to be far more specific than "Anomolies" that your "personal experience and expertise" tell you are dead giveaways.

7) I am not the one who tried to make this specificly about me other than citing my own personal experiences with AI detectors and being accused falsely.  You have taken it further and made it about me in your last post.

Since you think I am an idiot, why don't you spell out in specific technical terms exactly what the anomolies with the buttons that are dead giveaways of AI are an why  they are such dead givaways?  That is what you have to do for a report - not rant in a public forum.

You are the one acting rudely and in bad faith here.  You said you were leaving because of lack of integrity.  Now here you are just being more insulting.  A mod already opened a private discussion with you, which I can only guess you did not like the outcome of since you decided to post another users works in the forum and continue to try public shaming - as if no one could find the user from those works.  It is bad netiquette.

All art is experimental.  All life is art.

Buy me a coffee, or some ramen?


RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2026 at 8:09 PM
Site Admin

The artist explained the process to me and listed the software he used. None of it includes AI. But the renders are heavily post-worked. Heavily post-worked renders often get false positives when using AI to try to detect if an image is AI. Continuing to call him out and snap at others who are responding to you is pointless. If you don't want to see this person's images, you have the ability to block him. 


Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 14 and Windows 11


Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.