Sat, May 25, 6:11 PM CDT

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 25 1:57 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Carrara forum gone

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2023 at 10:15 PM · edited Sat, 25 May 2024 at 2:09 PM

I may not post there often but the Carrara forum was a valuable archival resource to me

I am very angry to see it gone

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

ProPose001 ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2023 at 10:25 PM

That's putting it mildly.  I'm totally pissed!

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2023 at 10:32 PM

it's enough to make me stop buying from Rendo altogether 

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

SteveCampsOut ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2023 at 10:33 PM

Welcome to the New Improved Rendo. Where forums go missing with ZERO notice.

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2023 at 11:09 PM · edited Wed, 06 September 2023 at 11:14 PM
Site Admin

When a forum goes long enough with no activity, it gets closed. If you think it was a mistake, no problem, I'll let Admin know you want this forum to remain open. I'm sending a note to Admin right now. They'll see it in the morning. I can't promise anything, but chances are it will be reopened since you are still using it.

edit: okay, request sent to re-open the carrara forum.

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2023 at 11:13 PM · edited Wed, 06 September 2023 at 11:20 PM

https://www.renderosity.com/forums/106/carrara?start_date=01%2F01%2F2003&end_date=08%2F09%2F2023

is the archival link I use

and I know we don't post much but I certainly buy and render stuff from here in Carrara
Vue still has one

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 9:28 AM · edited Thu, 07 September 2023 at 9:36 AM
Site Admin

I'm told Carrara Forum will be reopened. After they reopen it, I would suggest posting in there occasionally so it doesn't get caught in a dead forum cleanup again.

edit: There we go, it's reopened, enjoy.

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

Tynkere ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 9:50 AM

Thanks for doing that.  People like me might 'lurk' and use as a reference.  "How do I...?"   

I try to check the net before asking questions at forums.  : )

CHMedia ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 9:58 AM

I am responding here to say that the Carrara Forum has been reopened. We apologize for the disruption. Thank you for letting us know.

shvrdavid ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2023 at 1:59 PM · edited Wed, 20 September 2023 at 2:00 PM

This may sound really odd, but why are forums closed to loose all the info in them? Would it not be a better and wiser choice to put them under an archive forum so the information in them to help people doesn't just flat out disappear? 

People spend years building up forums to help other users, explain things that are not documented, etc.

Removing forum access destroys the ability to look that knowledge up, forever....

Space is cheap dirt now, forums are massively compressible, and there is no need to destroy years of stuff because no one looked at it for 30 days....

Imagine if someone instituted that policy in a library... There would be little information or books left in it in very short order.

And there would be no reason to go to that library, ever again.....

I ran forums for nearly 40 years, and the best way to loose users is to delete their input...

Is that the intention? To delete it and loose the users? Because that is the only thing that will become of it... 

People have already even stated that in this very thread....

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2023 at 2:21 PM

I find it puzzling that Renderosity on the one hand wants traffic to their site, apparently the AI ban was too appease advertisers and the ensue traffic 

yet

seem to do everything they can to limit traffic especially to the forums

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Byrdie ( ) posted Thu, 21 September 2023 at 11:13 AM

Maybe not the "right" kind of traffic? Might be it's all those potential new customers via Social Media that the welcome mat is laid out for. And what's this about appeasing advertisers? I thought it was copyright concerns and gallery flooding complaints behind the AI ban. Though to be fair, I think they're still trying to sort those issues out -- at least that's what I understand from their updated gallery policy page.

Torquinox ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2023 at 11:38 AM

AI should be banned. Glad Rendo heard the clue phone ringing.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.