Mon, Jun 17, 12:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 05 3:36 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: hello and goodbye

tsarist ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2021 at 3:11 PM

wendyvainity posted at 3:08PM Wed, 21 April 2021 - #4417412

I think it may be permanent. ? The mods there have made it very clear over the years they are not fond of me.

While I haven't found that dislike prevalent in the forum from other users (except for a handful who are generally unpleasant to everyone and on my ignore list) it's the mod's opinions that count.?

I question the authoritah

Sorry to hear that Wendy. I have my problems with the mods too. Well, glad to have you here in the land of "refugees."

Maybe you can get all of us whipped into shape with Unreal

Torquinox ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2021 at 5:55 PM

Hi Wendy, That's very odd! I agree, it seems to be something personal. Your unreal experiments are quite interesting. It seems the world must always be explored from a first-person perspective. Your abandoned house video has car noises when you move, but those change to footsteps when you leave the road. Is that a built-in behavior?

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2021 at 8:20 PM

I added the car and footsteps in Hitfilm.

I was playing in game mode and capturing with Shadowplay, if I use the sequencer I can do cinematics, it has several cinematic sequences included too.as well as more maps.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Torquinox ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2021 at 12:02 AM

I see. Cool! Those metahumans look pretty good, but the effect is kinda creepy when combined with those odd movements.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2021 at 4:02 AM

found a new frustration with duf content.

chunks of geometry not loading into carrara.

the attack v.v attack.png

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2021 at 11:19 AM

reality is imploding.

i has no lingerie for my g8. is something i'm prolly better off finding here

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2021 at 2:27 PM

I was mostly using the Blender forum on the Daz site because so much horribly bad information about blender is disseminated over there by people who only use cycles as an alternative to Iray and know very little about blender otherwise

I am permanently banned from posting in the Daz forum after posting a link to the DAZ/Tafi Unity store page.

Daz is apparently very embarrased at how badly their Multiple game content efforts have failed

They admitted outright ,by Email, that the are "pre-moderating"( ie banning) me because I dont buy their content ( I make my own in Blender) and I use other Character software( Iclone & CC3).. not any specific TOS violations

Fair enough their forums... their petty fiefdom

Yet people in the NFT "righteous indignation" thread can look up linkedin profiles on Daz inc executives and post all kinds of speculation about their presumed nefarious intentions.

You see as long as you regularly buy content AND use Daz studio as your primary Software, they will tolorate nearly anything you post.

It does not matter how much content Wendy buys because she uses other software/figures UE4 ,an older version of Iclone for animation, and is not true a Genesis loyalist/content hoarder.

Daz inc's biggest problem is the fact that EVERY GPU from Nvidia going forward will be RTX The NVIDA omnivers requires an RTX card and you really need an RTX to truly get full realtime performance from the Metahumans.

Reallusion already has a bridge application to the realtime Omnivers in Beta. they have the ActorCore motion library(with no direct genesis support) and CC3 can convert any pre genesis 8.1 Character to an Iclone Avatar

So people being forced to buy an RTX GPU will be in a better position to access the REALTIME meta humans via UE4. or migrate to the Realtime Reallusion/omniverse Ecosystem and get the most out of thier hardware investments.

With these competing REALTIME ecosystems the battle lines are drawn. Daz is in a fight for its very life.

My website

YouTube Channel

Torquinox ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2021 at 3:48 PM · edited Thu, 22 April 2021 at 3:49 PM

Something about all that is weird. Wolf, you're not the only one in there not buying. You've had issues with them for a while. Wendy also had issues with Daz mods for a while. Now, the forums include dedicated Unreal, Unity, and Blender areas. I recently received a banner suggesting that I visit that Tafi store.

Daz is more about content than software. It always was. DS is their most important software product. It's the only one they're even trying to develop. Carrara, Bryce and Hexagon are all one step short of being abandonware. They exist, but they're not being developed in any meaningful way. I'll tell you something, too.

3Delight is not actually inferior to Iray. The Daz implementation is half-baked. A lot of capabilities are missing. Wowie's AWE set proves that 3Delight is capable of producing amazing PBR output, but you need a threadripper to get your render in any reasonable amount of time. My system choked on the test scene. Oops! Still, I've done some work with it. In a lot of Daz content, the 3Delight materials are not set up for best output. It's the case with Iray, too.

The problem is, Daz pushes Iray to the moon. I don't see how that's going to work while we're in this environment where the RTX GPUs needed to make Iray go are currently unobtanium. But that's not a Daz-only problem, is it?

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2021 at 5:17 PM · edited Thu, 22 April 2021 at 5:23 PM

Correct!!

it is a huge problem for us all when ONE hardware manufacturer becomes the single point of failure for our pipelines.

Thankfully Blender supports AMD cards as well as NVIDIA RTX and even allows CPU rendering for those willing to wait longer.

and Blender will be directly supported by the USD based, Omniverse system along side Maya and the other major 3DCC's

Even with that being the case, it ironicly also creates more incentive for people who have been forced to get RTX cards, to look at other non daz eco-systems that have better postioned themselves to use those RTX cards for the REALTIME GI rendering for which they were designed.

People are already testing the Realtime omniverse system connector in beta for Reallusion CC3.

The Metahumans are already in the realtime UE4 ,engine eliminating the need for CG professionals to bother with the Dazstudio kiddieware and its "bridges& Genesis Bloatware, and it is only a matter of time before we see more sexy ,young waifs from the Metahumans to cover that user demographic.

Daz has no native realtime GI solution for users who are not comfortable venturing outside of the Daz studio comfort bubble via their "bridges"8846f5da-bb1f-4f0c-b7ff-76f8.png

My website

YouTube Channel

Torquinox ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2021 at 9:16 PM

I think the metahumans are a compelling reason to look into unreal engine - to me, the most compelling reason I've seen. They look great! At least within what's available, they look great. But it would be overly optimistic to say they are a one-stop all-singing and all-dancing total replacement for everything everyone is doing in Daz and other products. They may become that over time, but they're not there yet.

Also, the hardware shortages are not restricted to NVidia GPUs. It's industry wide, includes all GPUs, and is spreading to SSDs and with increased prices on all associated components. When car companies can't get the chips they need to make their cars, it's a big problem!

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2021 at 11:05 PM

and now we have to be wary models held together by the ds 'point at' . flies apart in carrara

Torquinox ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2021 at 11:30 PM

MistyLaraCarrara posted at 11:29PM Thu, 22 April 2021 - #4417482

and now we have to be wary models held together by the ds 'point at' . flies apart in carrara

Is that what happened to the model you loaded earlier? That's annoying!

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2021 at 9:49 AM

i'm not sure. reached my frustration tolerance with it. will try again later.

playing with some of the older stuff today.
testing if if save old v4 outfit to carrara, will autofits still work on it.

diomede ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2021 at 10:24 AM

RE: Daz forum frustrations. I am not at the PRE moderation level yet, but I've had some posts removed that have me scratching my head. As Wolf and Wendy have noted the NFT thread is particularly capricious. I posted a warning letter that I got from the Odyssy/LBRY animation hosting folks, which was directly related to NFTs. It has information about Securities and Exchange Commission enforcement actions regarding the regulation and oversight of NFT hosts. Daz Mods removed the letter - not something I wrote, but something sent out by the people directly regulated by the SEC. Honestly, I want to send a letter to Daz's legal team. Their Mods might not realize it, but Daz3D may unintentionally get scooped up in the unlawful marketing of unregistered securities if the SEC goes all out on NFTs. How can they permit the misleading posts by amateur wannabe day traders and delete an actual SEC-related compliance communication? It would be different if they deleted something that was my opinion, but they deleted actual corporate compliance communications. Crazy.

I am trying to ignore all that. It is very hard. I have to remind myself I have completed my financial services policy career. I may write my Congressmen an NFT-related letter just to see if the staff forwards it to my old office.

RE: sales. I buy in cycles over there, and I am now in a 'less buying' cycle. I was a relatively big buyer during V4, Genesis 2, and Genesis 8, but low buyer for Genesis and Genesis 3. I am now on low for Genesis 8.1. Nothing intentional, just the way my buying habits have worked out over time. I will be using G2 in Carrara and G8 in Studio for the duration of this cycle. G8.1 isn't a big enough change.

Meanwhile, the Rendo folks have stuff for multiple generations, so thumbs up for that.

Torquinox ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2021 at 2:15 PM

MistyLaraCarrara posted at 2:14PM Sat, 24 April 2021 - #4417567

i'm not sure. reached my frustration tolerance with it. will try again later.

playing with some of the older stuff today.
testing if if save old v4 outfit to carrara, will autofits still work on it.

I see. Playing with older stuff sounds good :)

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2021 at 5:50 PM

I have made a few posts there today.

Pending approval.

my one yesterday in the GPU thread took 3 hours and was heavily edited by a censor hence the actual post that got through seemed off topic and made little sense.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2021 at 5:06 AM

I had two posts approved in the metahumans thread in less than an hour.

Apparently some subjects are "safe" for me to comment .... or maybe the weekend moderator is just lazy.?

My website

YouTube Channel

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2021 at 5:26 AM

wolf359 posted at 5:22AM Sun, 25 April 2021 - #4417639

I had two posts approved in the metahumans thread in less than an hour.

Apparently some subjects are "safe" for me to comment .... or maybe the weekend moderator is just lazy.?

or doesn't have a bee in their bonnet about us ? I find it hard to believe all the moderation team are unanimous about the choices made,

in the past I have had ones reply to posts that were later removed when the change over occurred.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2021 at 4:44 PM

i like your videos that move the camera around the set.

cant always tell which ones are iclone. the ravenskull, nightie one was iclone. iirc.

i remember the signs one with the daleks and post removals. and the scifi lab set.

i'd like to try something like that with the hdri/pbr sets i been kitbashing. like screen tests. there are some sets need to be careful of the angle, like the mystic gorge is separate pieces, cant really do one long sweep.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2021 at 11:34 PM

I tend to use several softwares per video and the whole idea is to make it look consistent. Often I export animated FBX from iClone to Carrara too.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2021 at 1:26 AM

I have posted on the DAZ forum but by the time the mods approve my replies it is already on the next page ?‍♀️

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2021 at 12:20 PM

thread is very weird. top page said there were 2 new replies. but when i went to read the latest, mine was the last post showing. those 2 newest were phantom posts.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2021 at 12:33 PM

yeah mine the page before was the cause of that, it won't go there by default, threads don't bump and if mine was the last one the one before shows, it's pointless for me to post at all

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2021 at 6:09 PM

this might give you a giggle. 😂

Bumtastic G8M

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2021 at 4:28 AM

wendyvainity posted at 4:26AM Mon, 03 May 2021 - #4418193

yeah mine the page before was the cause of that, it won't go there by default, threads don't bump and if mine was the last one the one before shows, it's pointless for me to post at all

yeah I dont bother trying to help people in the so called Blender forum as My posts just dissappear into thin air when I hit the post button

yet unsurprisingly I went to the store and loaded $140 of random items into my cart as a test and they are ready to check out. Obviously I have ZERO intention of buying a Daz item having been long libertated from their content hamster wheel by my modeling skills.

SINGLE MOTIFFS.png

Clearly the forum mods are manually imposing a ban no matter the post content.

My website

YouTube Channel

Torquinox ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2021 at 10:15 AM

MistyLaraCarrara posted at 10:13AM Mon, 03 May 2021 - #4418223

Bumtastic G8M

It's in the same category as the breast-shaping packages. Could be useful with some restraint, but a bit odd at the extremes. Why should the female figures have all the fun?

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2021 at 12:42 PM

Torquinox posted at 12:40PM Mon, 03 May 2021 - #4418288

MistyLaraCarrara posted at 10:13AM Mon, 03 May 2021 - #4418223

Bumtastic G8M

It's in the same category as the breast-shaping packages. Could be useful with some restraint, but a bit odd at the extremes. Why should the female figures have all the fun?

i luv a lil male sexploitation. lol i'd like some high heel stilettoes for males too. equal opportunity chiropractors

Torquinox ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2021 at 3:27 PM

MistyLaraCarrara posted at 3:26PM Mon, 03 May 2021 - #4418313

i luv a lil male sexploitation. lol i'd like some high heel stilettoes for males too. equal opportunity chiropractors

Indeed 😆

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 04 May 2021 at 5:43 PM

has this smooth object been on the menu this whole time?

smooth obj.JPG

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 04 May 2021 at 7:17 PM · edited Tue, 04 May 2021 at 7:18 PM

have you made a vid of the Medieval Tavern?

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Wed, 05 May 2021 at 12:58 AM · edited Wed, 05 May 2021 at 12:59 AM

I see Alberto is adding boolean modelling to DAZ studio

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 05 May 2021 at 4:12 AM

what a waste of effort. too bad isnt stuff for carrara

why dont they use bryce for booleans?

Torquinox ( ) posted Wed, 05 May 2021 at 11:54 AM

Do you see how ridiculously hi-poly that test object is? I agree with you Misty. Waste of effort.

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 05 May 2021 at 8:01 PM

There is a thread in the poser forum where someone is trying to sculpt new models with the morph brush ...and. of course they look horrible.

Ahh. anything to avoid venturing outside of the comfort bubble.

My website

YouTube Channel

Torquinox ( ) posted Thu, 06 May 2021 at 5:39 PM

No matter how clumsy or seemingly useless a tool may be, at least one person will emerge who does something wonderful with it. That's been my observation. Even so, Wolf, you make a good point. :)

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 06 May 2021 at 10:30 PM · edited Thu, 06 May 2021 at 10:31 PM

Do you know about this render rewards thing?

Render Rewards

i had no idea.

Actions That Will Earn You Points & Associated Point Values
Gallery Uploads: 3 Points
Approved FreeStuff Uploads: 20 Points
Approved Tutorial Uploads: 30 Points
Product Uploads: 25 Points
Approved Contest Submissions: 20 Points
MarketPlace Purchases: *5 Points for every $1.00 Spent
*7 Points for every $1.00 spent if you are a Prime Member.
5 Points for every Product Review you post.

it racks up points towards g.c.s

Torquinox ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2021 at 10:03 AM

Those are what they say. If you've bought stuff here and never knew about it, you probably have enough points to go shopping. Basically, points convert to gc value at a penny per point. When you have over 500 points, you can buy a gc with points. If you want to spend an odd amount on one order, you can ask Jenn to combine your smaller ones. They do have a 30-day timed expiration date. I'm not sure about how the store makes change on the GC. I usually spend the whole amount at once.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2021 at 1:04 PM

i never noticed the thing. I been hanging over 10 years. racked almost 3,000 points. bought a couple of 10 gc. yeah spent the whole thing in a shot. lol bought some of the 3dc scifi sets. and some sexy dz stuff for my males. tee hee. looking good as they wash the dishes and tidy the house keeping.

Torquinox ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2021 at 5:24 PM

What a wonderful surprise for you, Misty! Glad you got some goodies. 😄

diomede ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2021 at 8:37 AM

I never heard of these points either. I've got a bunch as well. May have to start uploading some freebies to get a round number and then go shopping. Woohoo.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2021 at 11:35 AM
MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 11 May 2021 at 10:36 AM

there no way to fix those animates with a notepad hack?

anything other than opening ds http://static.skaip.org/img/emoticons/180x180/f6fcff/cwl.gif

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2021 at 9:39 PM

DUNNO, i finally opened DS to start saving animates to duf.

i dunno which save options to check?

thanks.

animated range.JPG

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2021 at 11:46 PM

depends what bits you want, it is probably easier to just save everything then edit it in Carrara which has a far superior keyframe editor.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2021 at 11:18 AM

its an awful lotta trouble just to see g8 dude bellydance.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2021 at 3:48 PM

is there a button to delete all the keyframes to get ready for the next bake?

clear animation doesnt do it

thanks

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2021 at 7:51 PM
MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2021 at 9:48 PM

what a pain the thing is,geez

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2021 at 1:08 PM

it looks like the trick to clearing the animates is to delete the track in the animate2 pane then 'clear the animation' from figure in the timeline pane. then go back to animate2 pane and, select g8, add a new track

in the save pose options, i'm unchecking general, hidden, and pose controls and i forget where it was exactly, i checked auto adjust so the stop handle automatically goes to the end of the animate2 block

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2021 at 9:33 AM

that rh so funny i forgot to laugh

too bad they don't have Alberto give us geografts support

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.