Sun, Jun 16, 11:08 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 05 3:36 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: hello and goodbye

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2021 at 7:51 PM

nfts again. yeesh

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2021 at 8:01 PM

yeah I thanked the DAZ moderation team for their support in helping me shop elsewhere and went to Epic Games and bought 2 more Unreal Assets ?

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Torquinox ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2021 at 7:38 AM

I saw the new NFTs thing. The first time, I could say, "Ok. They're trying something new." By most accounts, it went badly. A lot of us hoped it would go away after that. No. This time, I can only say, "This is who they are now." It's disgusting. As a company, they've chosen to be part of the problem.

Torquinox ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2021 at 7:40 AM

I also saw the new forum thread on the topic. I said everything I wanted to say on the old thread. They don't care. They have inner imperatives.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2021 at 12:08 AM

i'm so turned off by it. dont even want to look at my wishlist. dont feel safe shopping there.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2021 at 3:02 PM

how many are they silencing?

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2021 at 5:49 PM

The tutorial utility isn't too painful

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/tutorial/?tutorial_id=3085

the upload image wasn't working. so i created a forum thread and linked to image address

Torquinox ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2021 at 8:05 PM · edited Wed, 02 June 2021 at 8:06 PM

The dedicated area appears to be a gulag for comments. It's not the commons so traffic is much lighter. A comment or two has disappeared, but fewer comments are posted. As the posters all seem to be in agreement and the facts haven't changed, there isn't much to say. McGyver keeps us entertained as only he can. He's a good guy!

Yes, the tutorial utility works pretty well, but a lot of it is links to YT vids. I guess that's good, but YT has so many tutorial vids it's not even funny.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2021 at 8:26 PM · edited Wed, 02 June 2021 at 8:27 PM

and you can hide/ ignore that forum by clicking the little gear ?

I too find McGyver too entertaining to ?

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Fri, 04 June 2021 at 5:43 AM

the party thread crashes the browser on my iPad for some reason

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Fri, 04 June 2021 at 5:44 AM

I was going to share LoL Ahri who I reckon Kiko is based on

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 04 June 2021 at 8:57 AM

wendyvainity posted at 8:56AM Fri, 04 June 2021 - #4420503

the party thread crashes the browser on my iPad for some reason

youtube overload mebbe?

does it happen with every page of the thread?

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 04 June 2021 at 8:27 PM · edited Fri, 04 June 2021 at 8:29 PM

philermo must be sick of me. i keep posting to his pbr thread. the duf importer isn't bringing over the texture maps. i really,really want it to work. so much work to do it separately, legs, face, torso, arms.

i marathoned thru the lara and rosita makeup. thinkin i was saving the maps internally. many hours later discovered shader room ignores the save internally unless i save the whole scene to a file with internal checked. i thought the internal button in the shader would do it. manually loaded all those makeups for naught. heavy sigh

saved a couple duf hairs to carrara. i made sure to to parent to head before saving. but when i load it, it doesn't bop into place. fit to doesn' t make it bop into place. lots more work for naught. i been deleting the duf files after saving stuff to carrara. cant bear the thought of starting over.

i got 2 years to retirement.

pasosart ( ) posted Sun, 06 June 2021 at 2:14 PM

has anyone used Hivewire big cat and poses in Carrara pro 8.5 the main cat loads fine it is when you try to use the poses it messes them up. Is that due to the boning and if so does anyone know anyway to correct them.

Thanks pasosart

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Sun, 06 June 2021 at 3:41 PM

you need to load the DAZ one not the Poser one if I recall but the Poser poses work on it too.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 14 June 2021 at 6:02 AM

dunno why, the unreal isnt grabbing me

learning something about pathtracing, seems to be next step up from raytracing.

ever heard of arnold?

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Mon, 14 June 2021 at 6:13 AM · edited Mon, 14 June 2021 at 6:14 AM

Path tracing is a form of Ray tracing, it just sends out a lot more rays per pixel, like thousands.

Unreal just fast for me, Carrara render definitely looks better, I am only using UE4 and not the path tracing, my PC cannot, tried ticking it unticks when I render so just game engine graphics so of course never going to look like Carrara and certainly not Octane or iray.

Anyway I won't post anymore unreal stuff in this Carrara subforum, I started a thread in the Animation forum.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 14 June 2021 at 7:18 AM

the unreal is interesting.

always interesting to see rendering technology results. i cant tell the diff tween unreal and unity. cant tell the iclone renders either. seems everryone gave up on luxus in carrara.

i watching arnold tutts on yt. no idea what arnold is, seems maya related. came up on a search for rendering moist skin.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Tue, 15 June 2021 at 8:38 AM

oh Misty, it's so hard to answer when my posts take hours to be approved, I tried to say why we cannot use Strandbased curves in Carrara but that one won't get approved, Philemo is the only person besides DAZ developers with the codey awesomeness and he is not a PA so cannot access the needed information

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 16 June 2021 at 11:34 AM

now i know dforce hair is a waste of money.

had a thought could soft body it in carrara, but can't load geometry. it only shows the skeleton

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2021 at 7:03 AM

posted a petition in other forum

see how long it takes to get zapped.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2021 at 7:47 AM

I did reply but that will never see the light of day

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2021 at 8:46 AM

yep its gone already

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2021 at 2:31 AM

Screenshot_20210620-032445.png

Been getting this for a week from the forums

Looks like they decided to make my soft ban official ?

My website

YouTube Channel

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2021 at 2:47 AM
MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2021 at 11:02 AM

this site isnt keeping me logged in. when i refresh this page, i have to login again

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2021 at 11:15 AM

I started a thread in the community forum on that, they are aware of the issue

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2021 at 4:23 PM

i posted one in the prime forum. no response yet

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2021 at 9:17 PM

i didnt receive a thread removal message. they dont bother no mores?

Torquinox ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2021 at 12:31 PM · edited Wed, 07 July 2021 at 12:32 PM

They still send notices, Misty. Got one today, Wendy, are you still on delayed-for-approval posting at the Other Site?

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2021 at 5:42 PM

posted a carrara 9 shout out in the DS 5 thread.

i tried posting a petition thread to give us wendy back. got zapped very quickly

Torquinox ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2021 at 8:03 PM · edited Wed, 07 July 2021 at 8:06 PM

That figures. You would almost think Carrara was not an actual Daz product and Wendy was doing something wrong. cough At this point, DS5 sounds like a basket case. The announcement did push me to DL 4.15 to a storage folder, in case I ever need to use it.

It seems Wendy had an approved post removed because it was "commenting on moderation." That was sort of true? She noted a comment had been deleted (like that never happens). The person who approved it didn't notice that in the first place?! One of mine got zapped for being in the same place at the same time and that's the reason. "You responded to a post commenting on moderation." Did I? Not really. >_>

It would be better if these forums moved a little faster. Then I could more easily go on vacay from the other place. As it is, it's often days between new posts around here. 😦

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Thu, 08 July 2021 at 12:34 AM

mine was also responding to a removed post, yes I was surprised it was even approved as a few tame ones by me elsewhere haven't been.

Needless to say I will struggle to share any opinions openly on DS5.

I did make a post about the trend of making new innovations accessible Premier Artists only.

I already avoid buying Dforced Strandbased hair because it is utterly useless, cloth strip opacity mapped hair as well as being editable by anyone is useable in Carrara and other applications.

Keep it up and I just will buy less and less.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Torquinox ( ) posted Thu, 08 July 2021 at 7:52 AM

Wendy, I admire your drive to participate there. I mostly buy older stuff. Anything strand-based is trouble, I think. D-force makes it double-trouble.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 14 July 2021 at 6:12 PM

tee hee just pointed out to them, wendy has over 30k followers.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2021 at 1:28 AM

MistyLaraCarrara posted at 1:25AM Thu, 15 July 2021 - #4423226

tee hee just pointed out to them, wendy has over 30k followers.

they know I am sure and likely do not like the way I make DAZ stuff look, I am an embarrassment to them with my crappy animations people laugh at. ?

Most of my stuff doesn't get many actual views or likes, it's just about 20 viral and awful ones that do.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2021 at 4:04 PM

we all our own worst critic.

obviously you doing something right. internet is looking at your work.

i would call some of it "eccentric"

Torquinox ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2021 at 5:31 PM

Misty has a point :)

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2021 at 7:36 PM

waiting to see if my latest posts get zapped TMI

Torquinox ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2021 at 7:02 AM

Did they?

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2021 at 1:17 PM

nope. my tmi post still there sigh. living is so much effort. yanno ?

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2021 at 7:16 PM

seeing how long this'll last what.JPG

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2021 at 9:00 PM · edited Tue, 20 July 2021 at 9:04 PM

I found a treasure trove of OLD Carrara content

The Internet Archive

Ray Dream too

use 7Zip to extract the ISO files, are a few scenes and things in the old versions we don't have

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 21 July 2021 at 2:41 AM

jackpot yayy. kewl.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2021 at 1:58 AM

Honestly this forum is just too hard to use,

I was going to share a cool freebie resource but the thread I started is no longer on the page and I find that search archive function too difficult to use

DAZ mods taking longer to approve posts on their forum and sharing there won't bump the thread.

I think I will just share on Facebook and call it a day

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Dartanbeck ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2021 at 10:27 AM

It is kinda strange how threads just disappear. I'm going to try the settings in my account > forum, to see if raising the number of threads visible helps with this. But knowing you, Wendy, I'm sure you've already tried that. The woes, eh?

Dartanbeck.com          ===          Dartanbeck on YouTube

Dartanbeck ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2021 at 10:31 AM

Nope. I don't think that'll help. ...and there doesn't seem to be a way to just jump to the latest post, or even the last one seen. Really strange.

Dartanbeck.com          ===          Dartanbeck on YouTube

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2021 at 11:01 AM

I always found this forum terribly hard to navigate the way they archive posts, in subforums that don't get posted in often I often cannot read any posts at all without trying multiple dates on that calendar dialogue, I still never see all the posts.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.