Mon, Jun 17, 2:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 05 3:36 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Import Problem Virgo for Genesis 8.1 females in Carrara

klaus_bonsai ( ) posted Sun, 22 August 2021 at 12:06 PM · edited Sun, 16 June 2024 at 1:58 AM

I'm trying to import the Virgo for Genesis 8.1 Females armor into Carrara. The individual parts were converted from .... weightmaps to blended weights then saved as a scene. i want us on Gemini for Genesis 8.1 Female. When importing into Carrara, the message is then shown in the appendix BildschirmfotoKopie.jpg

headwax. ( ) posted Sun, 22 August 2021 at 4:35 PM

Greetings Klaus, we are facebook friends! Sorry dont know answer to your question. Happens to me too! Watching with interest. :)

klaus_bonsai ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2021 at 12:56 AM

headwax. posted at 12:44AM Mon, 23 August 2021 - #4425838

Greetings Klaus, we are facebook friends! Sorry dont know answer to your question. Happens to me too! Watching with interest. :) Hello headwax this is a big problem in carrara with daz figures + clothes for the figures there are replacements, but this message comes more and more often with the clothes. Regrettably !!! It's a shame that nobody can write a converter. All Genesis versions have converters to version 8.1, but going back to 1 or 2 there is nothing that is surprising. There are almost only things offered in the 8.1 version, so that we can no longer get anything in the long run. All Carrara users have this problem. or have we become so few that it is really not of interest.

headwax. ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2021 at 6:14 AM

Wendy Carrara and Dart maybe able to help. I mainly use the series 4 figures, just from ease and habit

klaus_bonsai ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2021 at 7:35 AM

headwax. posted at 7:35AM Mon, 23 August 2021 - #4425862

Wendy Carrara and Dart maybe able to help. I mainly use the series 4 figures, just from ease and habit

Since I'm just starting out with characters, I don't have a lot of character and clothes to go with it. If I look for something now, only Genesis 8.1 can be found everywhere. The search functions here and at Daz are unfortunately such that all Genesis versions are always displayed. If there was something about how to find the character and attire to go with it, I wouldn't care what version of the character it is, as long as they work in Carrara. Maybe you can build something here. Character with clothes for Carrara in a list. Just a thought.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2021 at 9:40 AM

Sorry I cannot really help, I suspect it may have something to do with your DAZ studio library setup, the Content Management service and what libraries you added to Carrara. I get those errors too on one of my computers not the other one and no idea why.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

klaus_bonsai ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2021 at 10:27 AM

Thanks, it is at least an approach for a solution. I check again the exact setting and the directories.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2021 at 10:57 AM

you also may be better off posting to the Carrara forum on the DAZ3D site I don't so much because I am under a semi ban by their moderation team , everything I post there needs to be approved by them first, if you are new posting there that will also apply but you will after a few posts be granted access, mine was revoked after posting there 11years and spending around 25K ?let's just say I am rather salty about it.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

klaus_bonsai ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2021 at 12:29 PM

wendyvainity posted at 12:29PM Mon, 23 August 2021 - #4425876

you also may be better off posting to the Carrara forum on the DAZ3D site I don't so much because I am under a semi ban by their moderation team , everything I post there needs to be approved by them first, if you are new posting there that will also apply but you will after a few posts be granted access, mine was revoked after posting there 11years and spending around 25K ?let's just say I am rather salty about it.

I'm also on the Daz page and post there. I didn't want to ask the question in 2 forums at the same time. I'll post there under khoe maybe you've seen me there too. Don't get angry about others, often it's just envy. but nice when you find other Carrara users.

klaus_bonsai ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2021 at 1:21 AM

It works out. :) I completely deleted Daz Studio and all tables of contents. Then I reinstalled everything together. so that everything is on one disk and all contents are in one directory. Now I can load the individual parts into Carrara. Updates created subdirectories that Studio can read and use, but Carrara cannot. It was worth it and it worked, thanks for the hint. Thanks wendyvainity

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2021 at 2:30 AM

glad I could help, I know it is an issue for me on the one computer in DAZ studio 4.15 beta too on the 8's as well but 4.11 is fine

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.