Sun, Jun 16, 10:56 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 05 3:36 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Hello at all Carrar User

klaus_bonsai ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2021 at 8:48 AM · edited Wed, 12 June 2024 at 7:05 AM

Hello my name ist Klaus Hößbache, i'm a German Carrara User and looking for more info. i use Carrara with Imac with a I7 Prozesor and Mojave.
i serche info for use Daz Figurs in Carrara wat ist the Best way?

for starting a Picture withe a Dino Spino-high-bumb3.jpg

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2021 at 1:03 PM · edited Wed, 18 August 2021 at 1:04 PM

it depends which DAZ figures.

Poser legacy ones (V4, M4 etc you just add the runtime

Genesis 1&2 you need Carrara 8.5 not 8.1 and you add your DAZ library

Genesis 3&8 will just crash Carrara due to typos in the node names for some bones so pretty much unusable unless you edit the character duf file in DSON editor or Notepad++ MistyLaraCarrara has a thread somewhere on what needs fixing. (she can answer this better than me) it also needs edit rigging Blended weight in DAZ studio as do all the clothes.

Misty has a G8.1 preset you can use

https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/88523/carrara-presets-for-genesis-81

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2021 at 5:22 PM

Hi. like Wendy said. depends on the rigging.

for new daz figures with general rigging, you could use the utility in daz studio to convert to blended weights or triax weights.

works 80 percent of the time.

there are other factors to compatibility, like geografts and rigid groups.

i use the utility all the time for hair, clothes, cars, animals.

are you trying to use a specific dinosaur? theres no way to see which rigging it is from product descriptions.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

klaus_bonsai ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2021 at 3:19 AM

Sorry I didn't put myself well. My English is unfortunately not good. It's about the Daz figures Genesis 3 + 8 + 8.1 I use Carrara 8.5 pro on Mac when I convert clothes to blended weights or triax weights. Very often parts are not found. or it crashes Carrara.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2021 at 5:42 AM · edited Thu, 19 August 2021 at 5:43 AM

the problem is DAZ not supporting Carrara with Genesis 3 and 8.

They added typographic errors to the bone names that crash Carrara and did some odd things assigning vertices on the toes ( it stuffs up in iClone 6 for me too sometimes)

all they care is that it works in DAZ studio?

You can try the Genesis 8.1 link to Misty's character in my previous post but DAZ need to fix stuff themselves to make it work properly because their mesh is not redistributable.

All others can do is workarounds. For still renders obj export from DAZ studio is your best option.

Animation you need other more complicated solutions, mine is mostly iClone and 3Dxchange FBX import/ exports.

Another way could be FBX export to Poser but there are weightmapping issues.

You need another intermediate program with FBX as straight to Carrara it won't work, I haven't tested Blender and Unreal engine but since other assets such as Mixamo and Unreal assets do work I suspect that could be another option.

I do use Misty's previously available fixed characters too, sadly she has removed them for redistribution.?

oh and Mac you need to contact DAZ support for the FBX extension, it ships with a empty file ? hopefully they still are providing it

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2021 at 6:04 AM

OK FBX exports of DAZ to Unreal files from Unreal Engine Do work? just tried it, so that's a free option on Windows at least, Mac you need that extension from DAZ

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

klaus_bonsai ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2021 at 7:12 AM

wendyvainity posted at 7:07AM Thu, 19 August 2021 - #4425626

OK FBX exports of DAZ to Unreal files from Unreal Engine Do work? just tried it, so that's a free option on Windows at least, Mac you need that extension from DAZ

which extension do I need exactly. I searched for unreal on Daz and only saw a Biridge for Windows. How does that work then exactly? export to Fbx and then fbx to Carrara

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2021 at 7:47 AM

this is something DAZ stuffed up in Carrara https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/266701/mac-fbx-import-issue they never fixed. ..and I didn't realise the DAZtoUnreal is Windows only either, that is rather sucky DAZ studio FBX directly into Unreal is almost as bad as into Carrara in that it won't work at all, again I used to use iClone which is also Windows only ? I don't know what you can use then unless you own Autodesk software ?MotionBuilder apparently is the best for everything but I cannot afford it.

and yes that worked DAZtoUnreal and then FBX to Carrara but only Windows apparently.

Sorry DAZ are the damned problem here, I think Unified Brain uses DAZCollada to get into Carrara but I never got that working well with Genesis 3 and 8

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

klaus_bonsai ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2021 at 9:22 AM

This is really a problem. Carrara doesn't want to or can't develop any further. That's too bad. All efforts are somehow only stopgap solutions and not to be used properly. whenever something has to be done with detours, mistakes simply result. We'll have to live with it. Unfortunately, there is no alternative for Carrara either or the program is far too expensive for a hobby user.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2021 at 2:56 PM

are you talking about the dforce clothes? some of those don't have actual geometry. theres no mesh to import.

learned that when i wasted money on a dforce hair.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

klaus_bonsai ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2021 at 4:23 AM

it is exactly like that. Everything is OK in Daz and nothing arrives after Carrara. Geometries from the original Genesis 8 figure are presumably used.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.