Wed, May 15, 4:05 PM CDT

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 09 3:53 pm)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: what project yoo workin on today?

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Mon, 05 April 2021 at 6:44 PM · edited Mon, 05 April 2021 at 6:45 PM

I am doing Hag Skank, yes she is sadly that other software DAZ studio but the background for some is Carrara.

and some Twinmotion.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Mon, 05 April 2021 at 7:11 PM
WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2021 at 8:02 AM · edited Tue, 06 April 2021 at 8:03 AM

cube0000.jpg animating displacement (and backdrop) using a Mandelbulber 3D fractal animation as the texture, in Octane considerably faster than Carrara native displacement.

just started will be a few hours to do my 4800 frames

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2021 at 8:04 AM · edited Tue, 06 April 2021 at 8:10 AM

the other one that took 10 hours

my embed not working, works in preview, loses the body posting

[is here]https://www.facebook.com/wendy5/videos/10223367094039585/

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2021 at 12:35 AM

i block that site with a hosts file. redirects to 127.0.0.1

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2021 at 12:51 AM

i'm up to page 102 in my project to backup my whole prod lib. need a couple more ssd externals. 90 pages to go. i'm skipping most of the v4/m4 stuff.

ise ready to take a brake from d/ling and gonna start installing in the morning. a few at a time and save them to carrara. decided to start with ant farm and predatron sets.

still undecided on g2. i use to render gianni 6 maybe is time to replace him with a g8. there still 2 v4 characters i was using in my movie, havent found replacements for then. only cause they have the perfect attitude i like in a supporting actress. can see ow casting directors get ulcers.

i don't know how relative paths work in carrara files. i know the jpgs can be external. dunno if the geometry can be external, like the poser geometries folder.

finding some nice pbr shader files on pbr websites. haven't found anything for good plain old dirt. want the dirt to look so fresh i can imagine smelling it. hoping vendors will start coming out with pbr shader sets. i don't understand how roughness works or how to make one. but i guess, how many skin roughness maps do i need. can prolly keep using the same one.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2021 at 6:28 AM

hnk0121.jpg

magic attack0157.jpg

Unreal Assets FBX and obj exports in Carrara, Octane render, I am doing a video

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Wonga ( ) posted Fri, 23 April 2021 at 12:51 AM

Crar and monstera plant.png

I just put this fella up on ShareCG for anyone who wants it ;-)

Find my Facebook Page Here -- or me on Twitter

diomede ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2021 at 10:52 AM

Thank you for Crar!

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Wed, 28 April 2021 at 3:25 AM

a Metahuman, in Unreal not Carrara ? but I wanted to share him somewhere

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 28 April 2021 at 5:10 AM

motioning the camera around takes a lotta practice. >.<

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Wed, 28 April 2021 at 5:21 AM

in UE4 sequencer it defies all logic, keeps changing my keyframes, I didn't want it to do that!

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2021 at 6:49 PM · edited Mon, 03 May 2021 at 6:51 PM

one project was to convert my animates sets to animated .duf

i forgot hows. iirc, it was a right click operation down near the key line?

Wendy!!

help??

for some quirky reason the animates importer doesnt do well with the hip. which was a real issue with the belly dance animates.

converted the v8 belly dance to g8m. lot more to get done. theres the old thriller dance moves i'd like to convert too

theres other ds plugin usages to prep content

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Tue, 04 May 2021 at 12:06 AM

click anywhere bottom left in the Animate timeline to bake them to keyframes in DAZ studio and save an animated pose.

I usually choose the box with the name of the Aniblock set in it

no the AniMate importer for Carrara is not good on G3 and 8

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 04 May 2021 at 1:34 AM

wendyvainity posted at 1:32AM Tue, 04 May 2021 - #4418355

click anywhere bottom left in the Animate timeline to bake them to keyframes in DAZ studio and save an animated pose.

I usually choose the box with the name of the Aniblock set in it

no the AniMate importer for Carrara is not good on G3 and 8

thank you.

i bought the aniblock for the deepsea eagle. should be interesting project.

Wonga ( ) posted Fri, 14 May 2021 at 12:53 AM
WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2021 at 10:11 PM

in Unreal Engine but no other forum to share here ?

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Tue, 18 May 2021 at 12:24 PM

I bought more HW3D cat pelts today ? too cold to sit by computer (yes 7°C is cold for me?)

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2021 at 3:50 AM

is the twinklies the issue makes you not render animations in carrara?

its a pretty serious issue. i'm starting to think i cant use carrara to render my movie.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2021 at 4:10 AM

I am not quite sure what the twinkies issue is?as don't see anything particularly wrong, Carrara looks far better than fireflies from iray or Octane just takes much longer than the latter, I often end up using Carrara native instead of Octane because of that.

Main other reason I don't use it more often is my CPU overheats easily, I need better hardware.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2021 at 11:23 AM

tee hee. wondrin if R would let me name a product butt invaders. only cuz for a tentacoosssss monster would be highlarious.

https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.Pv293PqY0uP31GrfQwZZBAHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2021 at 12:51 AM · edited Tue, 25 May 2021 at 12:55 AM

dug out the M4 Immortal Ronin from my Runtime, hat tassels have lots of morphs

Capture.JPG

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2021 at 5:12 PM

my flames don't always animate, I did change some parameters and move he completion slider to the end at the end, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Sun, 13 June 2021 at 4:24 AM

Magic shoppe full000.png

Carrara render, faster than Octane on my i7 with 4 cores 8 threads and 3.6Ghz clockspeed

(the Ryzen 3 would crawl like a snail, the GPU for Octane it's only saving grace)

I need a fridge first or I would buy a Ryzen 9 processor NOW! so prob next year at this rate but this has convinced me to kick Octane to the curb in future

magicshoppe0000.png

Octane render,

doing animation renders s on both PCs simultaneously

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

HMorton ( ) posted Sun, 13 June 2021 at 2:44 PM

Yeah, the Carrara will be faster on CPU because Octane requires GPU with Cuda. If it's a newer version of Octane, then it depends on the architecture of your GPU. I think it will only use the CPU when your GPU runs out of VRAM. If you have an older GPU, then newer versions of Octane will not perform as good. However, the results look much better in Octane than the Carrara version.

HMorton ( ) posted Sun, 13 June 2021 at 2:45 PM

If you have an Optix enabled GPU, it will use the Optix denoising which should clear that noise up nicely.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Sun, 13 June 2021 at 2:51 PM

it's only 100 samples on that frame as I am rendering an animation so yes noisy, and I did enable the denoiser, unlike DAZ iray Octane will not use the CPU to load the geometry at all and it is pretty much maxing my 980Ti with that scene, this is OR4Carrara plugin not the DAZ one. The Carrara render doesn't have those noise issues as well as being faster so definitely my preferred choice for this scene.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

ProPose001 ( ) posted Sun, 13 June 2021 at 4:33 PM

Missus wants a free standing linen closet. Using real wood and real tools. Real boring!!!

HMorton ( ) posted Sun, 13 June 2021 at 4:45 PM

wendyvainity posted at 4:37PM Sun, 13 June 2021 - #4421210

it's only 100 samples on that frame as I am rendering an animation so yes noisy, and I did enable the denoiser, unlike DAZ iray Octane will not use the CPU to load the geometry at all and it is pretty much maxing my 980Ti with that scene, this is OR4Carrara plugin not the DAZ one. The Carrara render doesn't have those noise issues as well as being faster so definitely my preferred choice for this scene.

Yes, it will definitely be faster for a number of reasons. The first is that your GPU isn't able to handle all the scene and is probably offloading a lot of it to your CPU, which will be slower than if your CPU is taking all the load to begin with. I don't know which version of Octane, but like I mentioned, newer versions will not work as well with older GPU cards because the architecture of the card is different. Lastly, we can see that the Carrara version is not nearly as complex or accurate in the shadows or realism. Octane will always try to make the most realistic lighting for the scene possible. When you have a completely enclosed scene, lit by only a bunch of emission lights, then It's going to try to bounce millions of light rays around the scene to create more ambient light. This will take TONS more processing power. Carrara is obviously not even attempting to do that. The carrara scene appears to be flat and lit much more like a first or second gen gaming engine, except for some raytracing. So I guess it depends on the look you are happy with, because they certainly look like two completely different scenes.

I feel like if you really cranked up the render settings and set up the Carrara scene to render with the same look and quality of the Octane scene, then render times would tend to even out. Then again, it would depend on your GPU for Octane. Your 980 ti would be good in earlier versions of Octane, but not so much the newer versions. You'd need a card that had much larger VRAM capacity in order to load all the textures and geometry into the GPU.

So yea, without a GPU upgrade, and without try to actually make the scenes look exactly the same in both engine, the Carrara version will always render faster.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Mon, 14 June 2021 at 1:15 AM
MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 28 June 2021 at 12:13 PM

almost done bringing all my nursoda into carrara.

pooped out, is so damn hott. in the 90Fs and humid

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 28 June 2021 at 12:48 PM

installing the 3dc ship elements sets. soo confusing. its a challenge, dont feel up to it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.