Thu, Mar 28, 1:06 PM CDT

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, CHMedia Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon, CHMedia

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Mar 27 7:52 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Rendtember is here! - Week 1

Deenamic ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2021 at 10:29 AM · edited Wed, 20 March 2024 at 9:48 AM
Forum Moderator
alt

Move over Inktober, Rendtember is officially here! The time has finally come for you all to get on your favorite image making devices and create an image each and every day of September. Just as Inktober is to get everyone drawing a little something every day, Rendtember is to get everyone rendering a little something every day. You can create anything your imagination can come up with, but if you get stuck, you can use the daily random inspirational word to get your creative thoughts spinning. The daily random inspirational word is below along with six other words that correspond with each day of the week, please feel free to use one if you need a little inspiration. You're probably wondering where to upload your images, you may upload them using the picture button in a post in this thread, or you can link to an image in your gallery. You may enter as many images as you want per day or throughout the contest. If you only want to enter one image per day, then that is allowed too. You don't have to enter an image everyday. Renderosity staff will look at all the images at the end of September and choose a first, second, and third place winner. Each winner will win Render Rewards Points, you can find out more about that and other challenge information below. Good luck and Happy Rendtember to all of you!

Daily Random Inspirational Words
for the Week of September 7th

Tuesday, September 7th, starts at 10 AM CT - quaint
Wednesday, September 8th, starts at 10 AM CT -  glass
Thursday, September 9th, starts at 10 AM CT - incredible
Friday, September 10th, starts at 10 AM CT - shadow
Saturday, September 11th, starts at 10 AM CT - underwater
Sunday, September 12th, starts at 10 AM CT - secret
Monday, September 13th, starts at 10 AM CT - explosive

Challenge Rules

• All Renderosity members are eligible to enter except for staff.
  • Challenge starts on Tuesday, September 7th at 10 AM CT.
  • Challenge ends on Tuesday, September 28th at 10 AM CT.
  • Judging starts on Tuesday, September 28th at 10:01 AM CT.
  • Judging ends on Thursday, September 30th  at 10 AM CT.
  • Winners will be announced on Thursday, September 30th.
  • Entries can be old or new artwork,but not previously winning entries in Renderosity contests.
  • Multiple entries per person permitted per day and throughout the time of the contest. One entry per day is permitted also.
  • Entries will be judged by staff.
  • Winners will be announced in this forum.

Entry Specifications

• Image size can be any size and must be in .jpeg, .png, or ,gif format (72 dpi).
  • Nudity and violence are allowed, but have to be flagged.

Prizes

1st Place

2nd Place

3rd Place

Honarable Mentions

• 27 Honorable Mentions - We will be giving one honorable mention per daily random inspirational word to a member's entry that uses the word in a unique way.

Denesia (Dee)

Forums: Photoshop  ☮  Photography  ☮  Mixed Medium  ☮  Freestuff  ☮  Freestuff Testing  ☮  Changes wanted in the Community  ☮  Marvelous Designer  ☮  Challenge Arena  ☮  Animation  ☮  Fractals  ☮  Beta Testing  ☮  The Get-Away Spot  ☮  Newcomer Corner  ☮  Suggestion Box  ☮  Contest Announcements

antony1 ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2021 at 4:12 PM · edited Fri, 05 November 2021 at 11:19 AM

This is very confusing.

Let me see if I get it.

1.In a time period of three weeks we shall upload every day a render, or every day more than one render or just one render in 3 weeks or with other words it doesn't matter how many renders. 2.It can be everything. 2d, 3d, or with other words it doesn't matter. 3.Every day there will be a random inspirational word we can use to get inspired or we can ignore it. With other words it doesn't matter what we are rendering. 4.We can do new renders or using old renders, it doesn't matter as long as the render has never been a winner in a renderosity contest. 5.From all these hundreds of renders the stuff will select 3 renders for prizes. and the first prize will be render points with a value of 5$.

I hope I get it!

nickcharles ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2021 at 9:26 PM · edited Fri, 05 November 2021 at 11:19 AM
Forum Moderator

antony1 posted at 9:18PM Tue, 07 September 2021 - #4426904

This is very confusing.

Let me see if I get it.

1.In a time period of three weeks we shall upload every day a render, or every day more than one render or just one render in 3 weeks or with other words it doesn't matter how many renders. 2.It can be everything. 2d, 3d, or with other words it doesn't matter. 3.Every day there will be a random inspirational word we can use to get inspired or we can ignore it. With other words it doesn't matter what we are rendering. 4.We can do new renders or using old renders, it doesn't matter as long as the render has never been a winner in a renderosity contest. 5.From all these hundreds of renders the stuff will select 3 renders for prizes. and the first prize will be render points with a value of 5$.

I hope I get it!

My takeaway is that this is merely to get people creating each day, whether or not you actually submit your work each day of September, and regardless of the software you use. But, there will be a random word each day to help inspire along the way.

Nick C. Sorbin
Staff Writer
Renderosity Magazine
......................................................................................................
"For every breath, for every day of living, this is my Thanksgiving."
-Don Henley

dochtersions ( ) posted Wed, 08 September 2021 at 5:23 AM · edited Fri, 05 November 2021 at 11:19 AM

Hello from here,

For me it is not clear, because: Where can I find the subject every day? Where should I place my entry, just in my own gallery? Then about the date, I get the subject of (for me yesterday) today. That is, it is 8th September in the Netherlands, in my message is called 7 September.

I'm sorry for all my questions. I wish you a nice day, ha ha, which date that may be. Jacomina.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Wed, 08 September 2021 at 9:31 AM · edited Fri, 05 November 2021 at 11:19 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

@ dochtersions: Entries can be posted in this thread. the contest dates and times are Central USA time.

Entries can be something new, or an older creation, just as long as it has not won a previous contest.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Can I read notes?  Hell, there ain't no notes to a banjo. You just play it.

(Anonymous banjo player c. 1850 when asked if he could read music)

dochtersions ( ) posted Wed, 08 September 2021 at 10:56 AM · edited Fri, 05 November 2021 at 11:19 AM

Thank you, Jeff.

Then is here my first

September.jpg

This is a pencil drawing of mine that I have edited in Deep Dream. I reduced this because of the 900 pixels.

Hope this is okay.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 08 September 2021 at 12:26 PM · edited Fri, 05 November 2021 at 11:19 AM
Forum Moderator
Q: Can we upload one entry every day?
A: Yes

Q Can we upload more than one entry every day?

Q: Do we upload just one entry for the whole 3 weeks?
A: We allow multiple entries

Q: Do we have to use the word of the day to create our entries?
A: If a word inspired your art, yes. Kudos if you post the word with your entry.

Q: What genre can the artworks be in, 2D or 3D?
A: It can be any genre. Kudos if it was Rendered.

Q: Do we have a choice not to use the random inspirational word?
A: If you were inspired by a different word, post it with your entry. Kudos if you use one of our words.

Q: Are new and old renders accepted as long as they have not won a Renderosity contest?

Q: Where can I find the random inspirational word every day?
A: We will post a list for the week in a thread.

Q: Where should I place my entry, in the thread or in my gallery?
A: You may upload an image here to this thread or you can post a link to an image in your gallery. If it is posted here, you may also add it to your gallery if you choose. 

Q: The date is different here, I’m having trouble following the daily random inspirational word. What time are you using to post the words?
A: We will post 7 words, one for each day, once a week. Kudos if you post an entry for the word on that day.

Q: Do you have to enter a render every day?
A; No, You can if you want.

Concerns about Prizes and Number of winners: If you like challenges like this let us know. We can do more of them with higher winner counts and a collection of prizes.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

dochtersions ( ) posted Wed, 08 September 2021 at 12:41 PM · edited Fri, 05 November 2021 at 11:19 AM
Deenamic ( ) posted Wed, 08 September 2021 at 4:21 PM · edited Fri, 05 November 2021 at 11:19 AM
Forum Moderator

I love both of your images Jacomina! Your Deep Dream images make me want to start back using Deep Dream.

Denesia (Dee)

Forums: Photoshop  ☮  Photography  ☮  Mixed Medium  ☮  Freestuff  ☮  Freestuff Testing  ☮  Changes wanted in the Community  ☮  Marvelous Designer  ☮  Challenge Arena  ☮  Animation  ☮  Fractals  ☮  Beta Testing  ☮  The Get-Away Spot  ☮  Newcomer Corner  ☮  Suggestion Box  ☮  Contest Announcements

dochtersions ( ) posted Thu, 09 September 2021 at 9:57 AM · edited Fri, 05 November 2021 at 11:19 AM

Thank you Denesia. ♥ btw, I just like the fun of the challenge. So I like to participate, and don't have to win anything.

For to-day: Glass.jpg

Made with Apophysis . A glass ball.

Kikkervisjes-Glass.jpg

These are tadpoles in a glass container, plus some food plants.

dochtersions ( ) posted Thu, 09 September 2021 at 1:57 PM · edited Fri, 05 November 2021 at 11:19 AM

BallGlas2000-mies.png

dochtersions ( ) posted Thu, 09 September 2021 at 2:03 PM · edited Fri, 05 November 2021 at 11:19 AM

This glass work was a lot of work. Maybe more work then glass LOL. Anyway I've fixed it with fractals layers and by PSP..

rich007 ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 3:53 PM · edited Fri, 05 November 2021 at 11:19 AM

Beach 2222-AD Swimming 2222-AD from Ilona Vanishing Point Accessories Images taken from the 2011 Digital Artist Special Edition No4 magazine Hair WetHair Pretty 3D

Swimming2222AD02.jpg

Artalgo ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 9:55 PM · edited Fri, 05 November 2021 at 11:19 AM

succubus.jpg

A creature of the shadows. SuperFly render in Poser 12.

RAGraphicDesign ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2021 at 3:21 AM · edited Fri, 05 November 2021 at 11:19 AM

PappagalloSpecchio_web.jpg

You know, they like to mirror themselves. Original render was 3064x3667. Vue + CS4. Thanks for look!

My Store at Renderosity 

dochtersions ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2021 at 9:35 AM · edited Fri, 05 November 2021 at 11:19 AM

I suspect the challenge is not intended for photos or fractals, but here a link to an image in my gallery.underwater

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2021 at 1:31 PM · edited Fri, 05 November 2021 at 11:19 AM
Forum Moderator

dochtersions posted at 1:30PM Sat, 11 September 2021 - #4427168

I suspect the challenge is not intended for photos or fractals, but here a link to an image in my gallery.underwater

See my Q&A post above.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

dochtersions ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2021 at 3:07 PM · edited Fri, 05 November 2021 at 11:19 AM

RedPhantom posted at 2:59PM Sat, 11 September 2021 - #4427177

dochtersions posted at 1:30PM Sat, 11 September 2021 - #4427168

See my Q&A post above.

Yes I've read that, but I had the idea that Poser and Vue etc. was preferred. Okay, I'm going to do my best.

Wishing you a great weekend, Jacomina. :)

dochtersions ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2021 at 3:08 PM · edited Fri, 05 November 2021 at 11:19 AM

btw, A fractal is rendered too,:D

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2021 at 7:41 PM · edited Fri, 05 November 2021 at 11:19 AM
Forum Moderator Online Now!

All Renderosity members are eligible to enter except for staff. Therefore, this sampling is not eligible to be considered, yet I still offer it as I might an offering of burning incense to float on the wind and soon be gone. The oldest meaning of 'to render' is to render verse, and as a writer, I will offer both rendered verse and image as a tribute to this challenge.

109bdadf49828ad6fe2681958c0ac9e9_original.jpg

To paper I have not set the ink of my quill for many a month and more, thus my mind is crowded with images of terrible sadness and words of such despair as to fill the sky as a newborn sun fills the heavens. But it is not a newborn sun that fills my thoughts, but a declining star, dying as the candle next to me is waning to its end. A world as none has seen in many lifetimes has descended upon our tranquil existence, and it is to such places the dark shadows gather. A new world to behold, and with it the guilty pleasures that are so jealously guarded by all measure of decency pushes against the boundaries of my mind – a sip of tea in the evening darkness, a scent of fresh bread on the morning breeze, a child’s laughter in the distance, a mother’s embrace, a father’s smile – these are things now stolen from us. Do I have the temper to sit under the candle's light and write of the flame, come life, come death, tempting me? Do I dare now dip that quill to ink, to set its flow to paper in a single thought, to give life to all that sleeps within the deepest of wells? Wake now, you demons and angels, wake and walk upon the Earth and wreck such havoc as to shake the heavens above. You are free to set alight the world with the sound of thunder, but you will know me when I sit beneath that flickering flame, and speak the spell to summon a world to life. Look not in fear, but hold high against that storm to the morning’s calm.

Wofenshire, written in the year of the plague.

Wolfenshire, Moderator - Writers, Photoshop, Gimp, Digital Comics, Animation

Artalgo ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2021 at 8:51 PM · edited Fri, 05 November 2021 at 11:19 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

mermaidandfish.jpg

An underwater scene. Rendered in Poser 12.

dochtersions ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2021 at 10:45 AM · edited Fri, 05 November 2021 at 11:19 AM

The secret is in the books:

SecretBook.jpg

dochtersions ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2021 at 10:50 AM · edited Fri, 05 November 2021 at 11:19 AM

Wolfenshire posted at 10:47AM Sun, 12 September 2021 - #4427202

All Renderosity members are eligible to enter except for staff. Therefore, this sampling is not eligible to be considered, yet I still offer it as I might an offering of burning incense to float on the wind and soon be gone. The oldest meaning of 'to render' is to render verse, and as a writer, I will offer both rendered verse and image as a tribute to this challenge.

109bdadf49828ad6fe2681958c0ac9e9_original.jpg

To paper I have not set the ink of my quill for many a month and more, thus my mind is crowded with images of terrible sadness and words of such despair as to fill the sky as a newborn sun fills the heavens. But it is not a newborn sun that fills my thoughts, but a declining star, dying as the candle next to me is waning to its end. A world as none has seen in many lifetimes has descended upon our tranquil existence, and it is to such places the dark shadows gather. A new world to behold, and with it the guilty pleasures that are so jealously guarded by all measure of decency pushes against the boundaries of my mind – a sip of tea in the evening darkness, a scent of fresh bread on the morning breeze, a child’s laughter in the distance, a mother’s embrace, a father’s smile – these are things now stolen from us. Do I have the temper to sit under the candle's light and write of the flame, come life, come death, tempting me? Do I dare now dip that quill to ink, to set its flow to paper in a single thought, to give life to all that sleeps within the deepest of wells? Wake now, you demons and angels, wake and walk upon the Earth and wreck such havoc as to shake the heavens above. You are free to set alight the world with the sound of thunder, but you will know me when I sit beneath that flickering flame, and speak the spell to summon a world to life. Look not in fear, but hold high against that storm to the morning’s calm.

Wofenshire, written in the year of the plague.

I'm very, very impressed by your words, Wolfenshire. Thank you so much, also for the image. Love, Jacomina.

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2021 at 12:14 PM · edited Fri, 05 November 2021 at 11:19 AM
Forum Moderator Online Now!

Thank you. I'm very much enjoying all the images posted - I especially like the ancient stack of worn and well-read books, and the stories they must contain. Yes, the secret is in the books.

Wolfenshire, Moderator - Writers, Photoshop, Gimp, Digital Comics, Animation

Artalgo ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2021 at 9:00 PM · edited Fri, 05 November 2021 at 11:19 AM

secret1.jpg

Whispering a secret. Rendered in Poser 12.

Artalgo ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2021 at 8:55 PM · edited Fri, 05 November 2021 at 11:19 AM

explosive1.jpg

Explosive. Rendered in Poser 12.

Deenamic ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2021 at 3:08 PM · edited Fri, 05 November 2021 at 11:19 AM
Forum Moderator

We would like to thank everybody for their week 1 entries, and we can't wait to see what you all create for week 2! We have created a new thread for week 2, you can go there by clicking on the link below.

Rendtember is still chugging along! - Week 2

Denesia (Dee)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.