Forum Moderators: RedPhantom Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon
Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2026 Oct 03 7:44 am)
I had a similar experience and am on Win 11 and P14. I was able to import the obj of the morph into an older version of Blender and copy the shape over to a new version of the figure and salvage my work rather than having to start over.
Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage
Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 14 and Windows 11
Thanks for this. I don't use Blender regularly, but it seems as if the details of the OBJ import / export process change regularly. Fortunately you can keep a separate version of Blender that you know will work, as you did.
Many years ago, with the help of other forum members, I did an experiment to characterise how OBJ files were handled by various 3D modellers. Blender was at version 2.6.7 then, and it didn't do very well. I think there was a script available which helped, but I can't remember the details any more. In any case, a script would have to be updated every time Blender changed the way it did import / export, so we'd be back at square one.
This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.
Hello fellow Poser Users,
after quite some time not touching Poser, I decided working with it again yesterday evening. I'm currently running Windows 10 with extended update support until October 27, Poser 13 latest version and Blender 5.2.LTS
Just to get things started, I wanted to create some morphs for our beloved Victoria 4.2. A few years ago, I created a preset for import/export obj files in Blender that worked just fine, so I ticked the right boxes and started working on a FBM. Now things got a bit weird. No matter what I tried, the morphs didn't work. There was in fact no effect at all. No distortions, shrinking or moving, absolutely nothing happened. I checked if I accidentally moved the figure in Poser, forgot to disable IK or used the "wrong" units, but couldn't find anything. After a few hours of tweaking and fiddling around, I called it a day.
Today, out of the blue, I thought it could be a good idea to install the Blender version I know for sure it had been working. Luckily, Blender keeps all its previous versions ready to download, so I went straight to a 4.5 one, installed it, set it up, load the obj file, sculpted a morph, loaded the morph into Poser and...tada, it worked!
It seems, there is something wrong in the current version of Blender and I thought it might be interesting for you to know.
I'm not sure if it makes sense to contact the Blender developer desk for this, because it seems to be a very specific case, but if one of the moderators here has connections to someone at the Blender team, it couldn't hurt mention that subject matter, right?
Also, I would like to ask if someone else has made the same experience, maybe on Windows 11 and Poser 14?
Thanks and greetings from Germany.