Renderosity Forums / Poser 11



Welcome to the Poser 11 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Poser 11 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2026 Oct 01 10:00 pm)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!


Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE



Subject: Been away for some time and lost know how . . .


byheart ( ) posted Thu, 01 October 2026 at 3:55 PM · edited Thu, 01 October 2026 at 10:52 PM

I fiddled around remembering as I went but made a change to preview window I can't remember my way out of .  .  .

I want to see the colors of everything with nothing but floor which will not show in  render but some how I have a ghostly white image and cannot see the colors of figure or clothing with grey & white grids  behind image AND I want to render in ping with not backgrounds of any kind unless I add them . . .

the truth of it is thet I was working in Poser Pro 12 until my two most important drivves crashed taking with them all of the setup so the only thing I have access to and running are Poser Pro 11 and Poser 7 until and IF I can get Renderosity to guide me to getting replacements of the program and and updates . . . I think I have all the libraries backed up but without the program itself, I can't get it to run right keeps asking me where files are!  

I cannot find the downloads in my account for Poser Pro 12 but know I bought it through Renderosity.

So stuck in Poser Pro 11 unless I can get someone can remind me how to get out of the ghostly white preview.


Thank you for any help you can provide.

byHeart


hborre ( ) posted Thu, 01 October 2026 at 4:30 PM

I doubt you will find replacements for your Poser Pro 12 core program, considering that it was a product of SmithMicro. Those servers are officially closed; getting activation will be close to impossible.


MollyFootman ( ) posted Thu, 01 October 2026 at 4:32 PM · edited Thu, 01 October 2026 at 4:36 PM

I think you probably need to go to the drop down menu labeled "Display".  In it you can choose the display style for the whole document, the selected figure and any selected prop.  So, to see all the textures in the preview window, select "Display-->Document Style-->Texture Shaded" and everything in the document should show up with preview textures.  To get rid of the ground I would select ground (top of the preview window with the drop down next to the selected figure) and then go to the properties tab to the right of the preview window and uncheck visible.  It should no longer show up in the preview or in the final rendering.

I can post some screen shots if that would help.   I hope this is helpful! =\

Teh Mollz

P.S. There is a caveat; make sure that  "Display-->Figure" and "Display-->Object" are both checked as "Use Document Style" which they should be by default but you never know...  >.<


MollyFootman ( ) posted Thu, 01 October 2026 at 4:41 PM · edited Thu, 01 October 2026 at 4:42 PM

Poser 12 (not "pro"; not sure there ever was a P12 Pro) is a Bondware program.  If you have a valid key for it (which should be available to you in your account at Renderosity) you can re-download it at https://www.posersoftware.com/ .  

Good luck! =)

Molly


MollyFootman ( ) posted Thu, 01 October 2026 at 4:45 PM


P.P.S. These display settings work in all versions of Poser including P14 which I currently use almost all the time. =)

Molly


byheart ( ) posted Thu, 01 October 2026 at 5:34 PM

Thank you Molly!  Over and Over again!  I can see it again . . . 

Definitely PoserPro12 . ..  it loads and I do have the resigtration number . . . will go see if they can help because Poser Pro came out before the PRO


Thank you again!


hborre ( ) posted Thu, 01 October 2026 at 7:34 PM

There is a Poser Pro 12 version which was later replaced by Poser 11. I have a physical copy of it sitting on my Bookshelf. Poser 12 is the updated version of Poser 11; it bears no relation to the Pro Version. Poser Pro 12 was offered in two version, a pro version and a game-ready version which features were bundled into P11.


RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 01 October 2026 at 9:25 PM
Site Admin

It was Poser Pro 2012 rather than Poser Pro 12. It was followed by Poser Pro 2014. There was an upgrade to Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev in which SM introduced the phone home feature.


Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 14 and Windows 11


MollyFootman ( ) posted Thu, 01 October 2026 at 10:00 PM

I didn't think there was a P12 Pro, as such... but P 2012 Pro?  Now that rings a bell! =)  Thanks for clearing that up Red! <3

I'll bet I've got a copy of that somewhere on one of our machines.  We started messing with Poser WAAAY back... we ran it on an Amiga with a Mac emulator.  I'm thinking that Poser only ran on Macs at first.  The first time I remember having a version that ran under Windows was P4, I think.

Dang... I'm old. =\

Teh Mollz


Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.