Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL



Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Moderators: RedPhantom Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2026 Oct 03 7:44 am)



Subject: Are we allowed to recommend programs that aren't related to Poser?


phil_lawson ( ) posted Sun, 27 September 2026 at 8:28 AM Β· edited Sat, 03 October 2026 at 4:10 AM

Is this something allowed here in this forum or should it be in another forum? I've got a handy backup program that's really saved my Runtime.

I don't want to break any rules, I like it here!


RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 27 September 2026 at 10:26 AM
Site Admin

That should be fine. Or you might put it in the Community forum or the break room


Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 14 and Windows 11


phil_lawson ( ) posted Sun, 27 September 2026 at 11:42 AM

Ok, I think I'll post this here as it seems to me the best forum to do it to.

Recently I almost lost my entire Runtime which I've been building since Poser 7. I had to use file recovery software to get it back. I did have a copy of an earlier Runtime but, as usual, it hadn't been updated for a while so was missing a lot of content. Now I do keep a folder with all the purchases and free items I've collected and even have them in a proper folder structure but you can imagine trying to sort 130 odd Gig of items would take. Anyway, after spending a long time using the recovery software I decided to look for a cheap, easy to use backup system. I've eventually settled on this.

bvckup2

Its $50 and to me is the best piece of software I've purchased (excluding content of course). Its easy to set up and the options of how to back up is excellent. You can get the backups to run as files are changed or, as I most often use, whenever I want it to run.

I could go on but the best thing to do is search for it and look at it yourselves. Its saved me when my machine failed.

Now I back up my Runtime to an external drive and know its safe should my machine's drive perish again.

I thought I'd mention it knowing just how awful I felt when I thought I'd lost all my stuff and how long it took me to get it all back.

 


Y-Phil ( ) posted Mon, 28 September 2026 at 5:59 AM

Speaking of backups: as a Win user, I rely on a batch based on Robocopy to keep in sync the whole collection of runtimes on an external hard drive, connected only at backup time. Same goes with all my Poser projects.

π’«π’½π“Žπ“


(っ◔◑◔)っ

πŸ‘ΏΒ Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gaming, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1+2 TB SSD's, 6+4TB HD
πŸ‘ΏΒ Mac Mini M2, 27 Golden Gate, 16GB, 500GB SSD
πŸ‘ΏΒ Nas 10TB
πŸ‘ΏΒ Poser 13 and 14 ❀️

π‘€π“Ž π’’π’Άπ“π“π‘’π“‡π“Ž


phil_lawson ( ) posted Mon, 28 September 2026 at 6:38 AM

I'm pretty sure that bvckup2 is based on robocopy but it gives a lot of enhanced features and has a nice interface. Useful for people that don't like working with the command line or powershell windows.

i just don't want to lose my runtime again  :-)


RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 28 September 2026 at 7:28 AM
Site Admin

I use 2 backup programs. Backerupper I use for a full backup of my main drive. And Genie Timeline for my 3d and stories. Both are the free versions, so I can't use both with one.  What I like about Genie is that I can access individual files from Explorer. If something happens to a single file, I can get it back without fuss. 


Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 14 and Windows 11


MollyFootman ( ) posted Mon, 28 September 2026 at 2:31 PM

I use Free File Sync to keep a duplicate of my runtime drive.  It has lots of options and 2 way synchronization so whichever drive changes, the latest versions of files is copied to the other.  I must look at some of these alternative as they all sound great!

Teh Mollz


phil_lawson ( ) posted Mon, 28 September 2026 at 5:14 PM

My thoughts exactly. I've paid for bvckup2 now so I'll keep using it but I do have a second PC that needs looking after. Lots to try out.


Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.