Sun, Jun 16, 11:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 05 3:36 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: I hate DAZ

Torquinox ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2021 at 11:08 PM

Wendy, you have good reason to feel that way. But they're not really worth one moment of your time, not one iota of emotion. Sounds funny for me to say that right now, but it's true. You're better served talking to Misty or working on a video or something. ;)

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2021 at 5:15 PM

I spent all night repeatedly crashing UE4 trying to attach a metahuman head to the ThirPersonBP with the pivot centred.

Apparently impossible.

I can attach them to other NPC bodies and move the pivot.

I can attach it to the ThirdPersonBP to a child like a weapon but I cannot move the damned pivot which is at the hip so you get a floating 90 degree head.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2021 at 7:09 PM

and DAZ has a NFT forum ?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️

I better shut up and render my newish HW3D cat pelts bought from here recently with Carrara fur, not loaded them yet but I did just render the Housecat and many others in an Unreal Scene.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2021 at 9:37 PM · edited Mon, 31 May 2021 at 9:40 PM

@ Wendy Someone figured out a way to use a metahuman head on a CC3 Avatar IIRC.

Yeah ,I saw the new NFT forum...not surprised

Because of NFT's relationship to crypto currency and crypto currency is effectively a political/ideological attack on the international fractional reserve banking system, Daz embracement of NFT is a corporate level ideological even, political decision as well as Financial.

This has nothing to do with the consumer product side of the company.

This is where consumers typically delude themselves into thinking they have actual power to direct what a corporation does in areas outside of the actual product line by assuming that a corporation shares their POLITICAL IDEOLOGY because of their marketing or type of goods or services they provide.

After all Daz sells realistic digital male & female genitalia so of course they are part of the general liberal civil society coalition that cares about the environment ...right???

China is committing atrocities on par with Nazi Germany (no exaggeration!!)

Yet gay, liberal "awoke" Corporate leaders like Apple's Tim cook Will never divest from China no matter how much shrill Bleeting occurs in web forums/social media by paying customers demanding otherwise or threatening to" leave".

Because Apple has already determined through analytics that the majority of the users will never leave the comfort bubble of the Apple eco system .

Daz inc is nowhere near the size of Apple and has major competition from Reallusion and Epic.

Yet they can not only continue with selling NFT's but boldly set up an official, onsite and easily controlled outlet for the rabble to express their moral outrage while still refusing to leave comfort bubble of the Daz/Genesis eco system for the practical reasons I have already noted many times.

Classic.

My website

YouTube Channel

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2021 at 9:49 PM

@wolf, I can on NPCs but not thirdPersonPlayer

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2021 at 12:04 AM · edited Wed, 02 June 2021 at 12:05 AM

mann saved a bunch of character presets with mats applied. the save dropped the joints section so now i'm having to manually paste it in. and the whole day i wasted trying to understand why they werent working in carrara.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2021 at 10:42 PM

LOL just lost a friend on Facebook because I didn't like the fact they were selling their art as NFTs and said so.

I now changed my status to if you plan to sell NFTs please Unfriend me!

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2021 at 3:47 PM

I replied _a pilonidal cyst _ to the What's popping NFT thread yesterday at the other place, the mods must have googled it because it didn't get approved. ?

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Torquinox ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2021 at 4:20 PM · edited Thu, 03 June 2021 at 4:21 PM

You're still on approval?! I had a post deleted 'cause it was a reply to another deleted post. Pointless! Even in the gulag, the guards are insane. 😆 I'm taking a break from them. Waste of time, stuff to do.

You know, Wendy, your MetaWendy seems like she might be slightly inebriated. She always returns to that smile. I was wondering why she periodically flaps her arms. And are the voices the default metahuman voices with their speed and/or pitch altered? It's all cool, experimental, and somewhat unusual. 😁

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2021 at 4:31 PM

yeah I don't own an iPhone with the ARkit so just doctored the sequencer keyframes of their demo, one day I might get iClone 7 which can do a lipsync based live link with Unreal. I want other things first though.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Torquinox ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2021 at 4:49 PM

I've heard the iphone is a good, convenient way to do that. Sounds interesting. If I may ask, what's on your shopping list? You don't have to answer. I'm being nosy.😉

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2021 at 4:57 PM · edited Thu, 03 June 2021 at 4:58 PM

not an Apple phone, an iPad update maybe one day but I have a perfectly functional one that doesn't have a depth camera I am quite happy with for now, likewise iClone 6 pipeline does everything I need.

An RTX 2080Ti or two would be nice, cannot go 3### with either of my two computers.

My shopping list is only a wishlist though.

cannot afford anything to be honest.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Torquinox ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2021 at 5:05 PM

I see. Makes sense. Yes, GPUs are rare as hen's teeth these days. If you buy a whole system, you can get whatever, but seems like everything costs more now.

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 04 June 2021 at 1:40 PM

@wendy I still have Iclone 6.5 pipeline and 3DXChange pipeline installed on my older PC

I still need 3DX to harvest character animation Data from other sources like Endorphin.

I would say The CC3 pipeline is the best value for the $200 USD it costs because of its ability to convert genesis 1-8 Characters/clothing/hairs to Iclone Avatars and its fully animated Character export to other programs like Game engines & Blender which is vital to my pipeline.

Until there is Ark kit support on Android I wont using any Face capture solutions any time soon and sticking with the Audio based Lip synch tools in Iclone 7

Looks like "Tafi" has partnered with Flipnormal to sell assets over there as well as tutorials for Daz studio.

My website

YouTube Channel

Torquinox ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2021 at 10:24 PM

That video seems to tell the tale, Wendy. Good find!

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2021 at 12:57 AM

I am a glutton for punishment, still posting there, not much gets approved and FFS I have to stop buying their PC+ for the day crap ? for M3 no less, it adds up and I could have gotten something nicer here.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Torquinox ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2021 at 2:29 PM

IDK Wendy. That's kind of... I would give it up in that situation. And unless you really love M3, I agree with your conclusion.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sat, 12 June 2021 at 5:22 AM

is funny how many hits this thread has.

got all my stuff d/l and backed up.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Sat, 12 June 2021 at 10:43 AM · edited Sat, 12 June 2021 at 10:46 AM

MistyLaraCarrara posted at 10:41AM Sat, 12 June 2021 - #4421098

is funny how many hits this thread has.

got all my stuff d/l and backed up.

probably because I keep spamming it since I can post and have all my posts show immediately ?

unlike elsewhere where it takes a day if they even get allowed ?‍♀️

spontaneous posting can happen and does ? I often want to just say a word or two when I see something someone posts but when it needs approval that is pointless ?

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Torquinox ( ) posted Sat, 12 June 2021 at 11:35 AM

Is there someone at Daz you can ask to release your account from that nonsense?

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Sat, 12 June 2021 at 7:14 PM

no, the mods run a tight ship and believe it was justifiable, I don't help making digs about it in posts I know they won't publish sometimes with colourful language, they would use those posts as evidence (even though it was never my public posting style).

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 13 June 2021 at 1:09 PM

@Wendy

Ivy summers No longer posts at Daz and with you under a "soft ban" Sometimes it is hard to resist responding to a post when you see some really bad advice being given about a simple animation problem.

For example someone asked why his G8 female walk cycle aniblock dropped her feet below the floor ,after frame one, when he Bakes the aniblock to key frames.

The advice he was given was complicated to the point of utter absurdity including links to video tutorials that did not address his particular problem and advice on using subtraks in aniMate 2 when the G3/8 figres are not even fully supported by animate 2 due to the twist bones

I posted the obvious simple solution, which was to marquee select All of the keyframes of her Y axis in the Graph Editor and raise them up unitl her feet are above the floor during the walk cycle.( see attached Pic)

Well the Weekend mods did actually approved my post.

G8 FEMALE Y AXISRESAVE.jpg

My website

YouTube Channel

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Sun, 13 June 2021 at 2:32 PM

I keep forgetting about the graph editor in DAZ ?

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 13 June 2021 at 9:51 PM

wendyvainity posted at 9:49PM Sun, 13 June 2021 - #4421206

I keep forgetting about the graph editor in DAZ ?

It is usable although the graphmate /keymate plugins from the defunct go figure are better

My website

YouTube Channel

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Mon, 14 June 2021 at 7:10 AM

FixesSkankyFoot.JPG

OOOOH I can fix the skanky foot from V4 aniblocks on Genesis in Carrara that way too

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.