Dreams of Summer by Dream9Studios ()
Members remain the original copyright holder in all their materials here at Renderosity. Use of any of their material inconsistent with the terms and conditions set forth is prohibited and is considered an infringement of the copyrights of the respective holders unless specially stated otherwise.
Creation Date: November 14, 2015
"Dreaming of idyllic summers long past and distant summer dreams yet to come."
Notes: I started out with the idea of recreating/improving an old artwork of mine from 2011 but then it took on a life of its own and became something completely brand new. I really love what I ended up creating rather than what I had originally intended to create so it's another lesson in always going with the flow rather than sticking to the original plan. I did follow my original plan in that I wanted to do something that was positive, pretty, and brighter than what I had been doing to reflect my improved mood. I do believe I accomplished that.
Tech Notes: I used a few bits of new technology (some of it only new to me) for this artwork. The first windforce for dynamic cloth. Windforce has been a part of Poser for a while (I can't remember exactly how long) but I could never get it working right for some reason and gave up on it when it first came out. I gave it another try on the dynamic skirt of this artwork and IT WORKED! I'm so happy it worked and worked so well! To add all those grass props (which are a little hard to see in the small version of the image but in large prints you would be able to see them) I used the Eco script available at RuntimeDNA to add them all at once. It's quite the time saver once you figure out the script. I wish I were better able to read tutorials or I would have been able to figure it out sooner. I would have used it for adding in the poppy and lavender flowers but I wanted more control over exactly where each batch of flowers was located where as I was okay with the placement of the grass bundles being random. I used rendered the depth of field effects inside of Poser and used IDL for the lighting. The rest of the effects and such were done in postwork via Photoshop. All in all I spent about five days on this artwork in total which isn't bad considering I started out with a good idea of what I wanted to create, even if I went in a bit of a different direction about halfway through.
Copyright © 2015 Lizzie Prusaczyk of Dream 9 Studios.
All rights reserved.