Early Adopter period has closed. You can still read the following for some information if you would like.
Poser Pro 11.2 will be ready for download on Sept. 16, but you can get it early.
If you don't want to wait that long, we are accepting a limited number of "Early Adopters," starting on Sept. 4.
Poser 11.2 is a "bridge" release. It does not contain epic new features, but rather bridges differences between the old Smith Micro version and the new Bondware version of Poser. This means things like license management, software distribution methods, branding, asset store search and so on, have been updated.
The main reason for the update is the depreciation of Smith Micro's licensing system.
Starting Sept. 16, if you do not update, your Poser may not work if you have above Poser 10 because the licensing system will not be able to complete the over-the-internet check needed to confirm your license key.
If you want your Poser to continue to work properly, you must update. If you want to make sure you get updated in time, apply to be an early adopter.
Who can be an 'Early Adopter'
The early adopter program will be open to Poser users who fit the following criteria:
• Had a Poser 11 license prior to June 1, 2019, and can provide their license key.
• Can download individual installers from PoserSoftware.com instead of the Smith Micro Download Manager.
• Are comfortable that the Fusion products will not be included.
• Are willing to download improved versions of the software over time in exchange for early access to the new features and fixes.
If you are approved and download the update early, the new La Femme Lite figure pack will be not available for download until Sept. 16. You will have to download the pack after then.
Why we are offering Early Adoption
Early adopters will help us to broaden access to the 11.2 bridge release beyond beta testers.
The release will be fully tested by the Sept. 4 soft release date, but this gives us an opportunity to test the update with scale.
It will also allow us to full test the installation process without the legacy download manager.
Why you should update
In addition to the licensing piece, we have improved the functionality of the asset search tool so you can add assets to your runtime directly from the program. And, yes, it really works.
Content searches will default to your personal runtimes, but a simple click on the cloud search icon and you can search Renderosity's catalog for 3D models.
It will also include numerous bug fixes, especially when the bugs are blocking future development goals.
EARLY ADOPTER PERIOD HAS ENDED. NO MORE APPLICATONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST.
- August 2020 - TruForm's Poser Pulse
- Aug2020 - 2nd_World's "Ticking Clock" SALE
- August 2020 - Architecture VGS
- How Poser, Python and DSON work together
- How to get the most out of Poser's dynamic clothing
- Poser Creator Series: How forensic science uses Poser
- How to create a visualization of the spread of COVID-19 with Poser
- Poser Creator Series: Creating a way to navigate runtimes with Yarp
- Poser Pro 11.3 is available for download
- Where to find the best Poser tutorials