Tue, May 28, 2:04 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 27 10:44 pm)

Subject: Project E

takezo3001 ( ) posted Sat, 21 October 2017 at 8:39 PM · edited Sat, 21 October 2017 at 8:50 PM

You know, it's REALLY hard to view your artwork/figure sculpts without making some unintelligible loud happy sounds of joy...YYYYEEEahhhaheheheheOOOWWW! Seriously, this is the most naturally realistic figure I have seen yet, V8 comes close, but they tamper with the already outstanding sculpts from real world models with frat boy/gamer idealism IE: fake boob sculpts and re-morphed butt from the original model, but they do come close...

But coming from you, I would expect nothing less, though I do wish you would make morphs/character for genesis though, as it does have an excellent framework, much more than v4...Sorry, I am really not a fan of V4, and her bends I prefer genesis for the ease for content creators, I always hated having to make morphs for body parts instead of the whole body as with the genesis figures!

But make no mistake, I will have no problem throwing my money your way in order to purchase this new figure of yours in spite of it being based on v4!

EDIT: I have to point out that I don't like V4 from a sculpting perspective not from a character one, plus I would love to see more v4-only artists extend their talents towards genesis, but that is only a wish of mine, and not a demand, and why I'm not enthusiastic when their products/freebies are limited to one figure only...

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2017 at 7:19 AM

"But make no mistake, I will have no problem throwing my money your way in order to purchase this new figure of yours in spite of it being based on v4!"

No, she is NOT based on V4. She is a new unique figure. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2017 at 11:40 AM

takezo3001 posted at 5:39PM Sun, 22 October 2017 - #4316504

You know, it's REALLY hard to view your artwork/figure sculpts without making some unintelligible loud happy sounds of joy...YYYYEEEahhhaheheheheOOOWWW! Seriously, this is the most naturally realistic figure I have seen yet, V8 comes close, but they tamper with the already outstanding sculpts from real world models with frat boy/gamer idealism IE: fake boob sculpts and re-morphed butt from the original model, but they do come close...

But coming from you, I would expect nothing less, though I do wish you would make morphs/character for genesis though, as it does have an excellent framework, much more than v4...Sorry, I am really not a fan of V4, and her bends I prefer genesis for the ease for content creators, I always hated having to make morphs for body parts instead of the whole body as with the genesis figures!

But make no mistake, I will have no problem throwing my money your way in order to purchase this new figure of yours in spite of it being based on v4!

EDIT: I have to point out that I don't like V4 from a sculpting perspective not from a character one, plus I would love to see more v4-only artists extend their talents towards genesis, but that is only a wish of mine, and not a demand, and why I'm not enthusiastic when their products/freebies are limited to one figure only...

Where'd you get the idea V4 is anywhere in this model? o.O

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

takezo3001 ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2017 at 6:51 PM

estherau posted at 6:49PM Sun, 22 October 2017 - #4316515

"But make no mistake, I will have no problem throwing my money your way in order to purchase this new figure of yours in spite of it being based on v4!"

Yeah my mistake, I based it from his galleries as he started out with V4...Great to know, I'm still buying it when it's released!

takezo3001 ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2017 at 6:56 PM · edited Sun, 22 October 2017 at 7:03 PM

estherau posted at 6:49PM Sun, 22 October 2017 - #4316515

Yeah my mistake, I based it from his galleries/blog as he started out with V4...Great to know, I'm still buying it when it's released!

SamTherapy posted at 6:55PM Sun, 22 October 2017 - #4316525

takezo3001 posted at 5:39PM Sun, 22 October 2017 - #4316504

Where'd you get the idea V4 is anywhere in this model? o.O

From the man himself...

erogenesis ( ) posted Tue, 24 October 2017 at 11:57 AM · edited Tue, 24 October 2017 at 12:01 PM

takezo3001 posted at 6:44PM Tue, 24 October 2017 - #4316535

Yeah my mistake, I based it from his galleries as he started out with V4...Great to know, I'm still buying it when it's released!

Hehe thanks! :D

Yeah the man is right, it did start out as a replacement project for V4, quite literally. But just about everyone here talked me out of it lol, DAZ would have sued me to pieces. So yes she's 100% a different mesh and rig than V4. Modeled from scratch.

That said she's not super different from V4. Almost the same height, roughly the same polycount, same generic type face, but the base proportions are more realistic, more functionality, better bending out of the box, UV maps that are a little more even in resolution, handy supporting gadgets, and hopefully as many options as V4 morph ++, perhaps even more.

Which brings me to: Small update!

One of the most important components of the project is nearly done, a workflow to speed up rigging stuff for PE. I'm not going to divulge too many secrets but basically it helps transfer morphs, JCMs, and rigging to your clothing items almost automatically. There are still some things you'll need to do yourself but it will hopefully shorten your rigging time considerably.

Below are examples of a pair of V4 jeans converted in less than 15 mins with WM and JCMs. I would rate the conversion a 7 or 8 out of 10. I will do my best to improve this as much as possible. It could go faster but there's a certain trick to avoiding drama in the crotch that takes a few minutes, and obviously making your own groupings takes a while too. But the transfer of all the WM and JCMs and morphs works pretty nicely. I will do my best to find ways to automate as much as possible. Same goes for the top btw, that went much faster since there's no crotch to worry about.

btw I'm not just focusing on V4 content only, this system is meant for helping you (or a vendor) rig anything you make (or convert) for PE.

mannequin conversion test 1.jpgmannequin conversion test 2.jpg

mannequin conversion test 4.jpgmannequin conversion test 3.jpg

mannequin conversion test 6.jpgmannequin conversion test 5.jpg

hi-res low res example jeans 4.jpg

"The fool is not the one that does something foolish, but the one that does nothing at all."

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Tue, 24 October 2017 at 7:05 PM

Thanks Ero for the update. Perfect timing, haha. My graphic novel is allmost done, so I will have plenty of time to play with the new girl on the block. - e-x-c-i-t-e-d -

movida ( ) posted Wed, 25 October 2017 at 10:20 AM

OMG :)

takezo3001 ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2017 at 7:06 AM

Hmmmrrgg...Ok, I suppressed the urge... 😁

Thanks a lot for the update and confirmation! I can't wait 'til it comes out! Some of the biggest challenges for the entire poser/daz bends are the thigh/calf compression of which I mastered somewhat, but not as nearly as well as your new character along with K.H. Image Studio and Zev0 over at DAZ!

Ironically, DAZ has yet to even put that into practice with their character models, even if their characters are some of the more realistic 3d fully rigged characters out there...

For now anyways! 😉

erogenesis ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2017 at 12:09 AM

Hey guys, busy busy. Just a quick teaser.

Check the three ethnic bases below. For now just three so the testers / vendors can get an idea of what's possible.

More soon.

Ethnic Bases.jpg

"The fool is not the one that does something foolish, but the one that does nothing at all."

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2017 at 5:08 AM

Lovely!

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2017 at 9:00 AM

I'm looking forward to using this figure, is there a rough time scale for its release?

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

AetherDream ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2017 at 8:44 AM

This is really marvelous work. Love to see that it is still in the works.

"People who attempt define what art is or is not, are not artists"---Luminescence

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 26 November 2017 at 6:06 AM

Where are you going to sell her, ero?

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

erogenesis ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2017 at 7:29 AM · edited Mon, 27 November 2017 at 7:35 AM

Hi folks! Good News, the official Beta is underway. I'm just setting up some things before that can kick off properly. It will happen behind closed doors though. Please be patient.

Beta's, thank you for your replies. I will reply a.s.a.p.

Please don't be offended if you haven't received an invite. I'm doing it in waves, and I've gotten LOADS of requests and we had to be picky. Please be patient.

I'm hoping for a xmas release, of at lease the base. It will also depend on the results of the beta. It will be available at CGbytes and Renderosity.

More details soon... sooooooon... :D

project_e smiling 1.jpg

movida ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2017 at 10:12 AM

I'll take 2 :)

ssgbryan ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2017 at 5:40 PM

erogenesis posted at 4:39PM Mon, 27 November 2017 - #4318717

More details soon... sooooooon... :D

As long as it isn't "Daz Soon"...........

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 28 November 2017 at 8:56 PM

I have to put some spare change aside...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2017 at 12:25 AM

I think her name is 'Project E' for 'eventually' hehehe 😁

Family ain't getting xmass presents this year, I'm spending it all on a pretty girl 😆 never thought I would say that

erogenesis ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2017 at 6:08 AM · edited Thu, 30 November 2017 at 6:08 AM

erogenesis ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2017 at 6:50 PM

Let me quickly get something out of the way. Very important, as I understand some might be concerned about this! (I will repeat this message in an official thread about Evolution)

Project Evolution Mesh 5 is 100% original.

• She was modeled from a plane in 3D Studio Max, polygon by polygon. Everything, from lashes to toenails.
  • Her topography is also 100% original.
  • UV maps were done in Max and Zbrush. They are unique and cannot accept V4 maps (or anyone else's)
  • She was rigged, manually, in Poser Pro 11's setup room first. Then re-rigged in Poser Pro 2014's setup room.
  • Her weight maps were all done inside of Poser Pro 2014.
  • Her JCMs were created in Poser through the GoZ feature with the help of Color Curvature's PML
  • CR2 modifications were done using D3D's Poser File Editor
  • Her demo textures were made using royalty-free photographic resources.
  • Her final textures will be a combination of these textures and those made by a prominent Renderosity vendor (also using original material)
  • Her materials were designed by me, not using any third party plugin.

Project Evolution Mesh 5 shares absolutely NO polygon, vertex, topology, code, center, orientation, ERC, UVmap, bone, weight map, morph, texture, material with Victoria 4, Genesis 1, 2, 3, 8 (I don't even have G8), Pauline, Antonia, Dawn, or any other Poser figure at all. Nor does she share any digital data with figures created by Maxon or Autodesk. Many people in this forum warned me profusely about this.

Project Evolution Mesh 5 is 100% original.

That said, earlier attempts at this project did have overlap with Victoria 4, as does my private comic figure which grew from this effort. But Project Evolution Mesh 5 has no digital link to any of these previous attempts. In fact my comic figure adopted Mesh5's topography in 2015. It is time we move on from Victoria 4. She was amazing, DAZ did an amazing job on her. But its time to start afresh, and that's exactly what I did.

I promise that all this information is correct. erogenesis, UK, December 2017

patorak3d ( ) posted Sat, 02 December 2017 at 1:20 AM · edited Sat, 02 December 2017 at 1:23 AM

Hi erogenesis

You don't have to explain anything to me. I have faith in you.

When you release your figure, i'll buy it and make some morphs for her, i promise.

erogenesis ( ) posted Sat, 02 December 2017 at 8:50 AM

patorak3d posted at 4:47PM Sat, 02 December 2017 - #4319137

Hi erogenesis

You don't have to explain anything to me. I have faith in you.

When you release your figure, i'll buy it and make some morphs for her, i promise.

Thank you very much, sir. I look forward to them!

infoman9 ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2017 at 1:23 PM

As one of your earlier fans from way back I am happy to see E in Beta testing. You went through quite a bit as the project moved along. Glad you stuck with it. <0

Karth ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2017 at 12:18 AM
Online Now!

Great News :-) Can´t wait to create some wardrobe :-)

jartz ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2017 at 11:13 PM

Looks good for a 3d figure, so next-to-real. Can't wait to see it!

Happy Holidays 😄

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

tiggersprings ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2017 at 3:36 PM

@4316649

Ero, couldwould you be able to post a demo video on the conversion process for a simple V4 dress to PE? I am not a modeler and don't have rigging skills, but I've also had no luck with the "fitting room." I'm curious how your fitting process works and if a mere mortal like myself can follow it without tears. I can understand if the answer is no, but I figured it can't hurt to ask. I can't be the only one that's curious, and was hoping someone would ask... LOL

tiggersprings ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2017 at 3:51 PM

erogenesis ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2017 at 4:24 PM · edited Sun, 17 December 2017 at 4:30 PM

I will do my best. The fitting room will be central to PE's (and Poser) success / survival, I think. Not sure if I will have time for it before the release, but I will think of something.

Below are two examples of the type of results you can expect with the mannequins. I'll post more examples later with more extreme bends.

pe_pr5.jpg

pe_pr3.jpg

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2017 at 11:38 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

What will she cost ? and does she have Female Anatomical Elements ?

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

tiggersprings ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2017 at 8:53 AM

@4320407

Thanks.

tiggersprings ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2017 at 8:53 AM

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2017 at 9:07 AM

and what versions of Poser does she work in ?

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2017 at 12:37 PM

RorrKonn posted at 7:26PM Mon, 18 December 2017 - #4320423

What will she cost ? and does she have Female Anatomical Elements ?

Ahem... fascinating Sir. Where have you been the past 3??? years? ProjectE is the main dominating topic during the past years. Erogenesis has blogs, forum posts and comics showing the potenial of his upcoming figure. And yes, she has "anatomical elements" - detailed. https://erogenesis.blogspot.de/p/project-e.html https://erogenesis.blogspot.de/search?updated-max=2016-04-16T11:40:00-07:00&max-results=7&start=7&by-date=false Some infos about his figure must have been deleted. This may be the first time a Poser only figure has realistic looking anatomical elements.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2017 at 12:38 PM

RorrKonn posted at 7:38PM Mon, 18 December 2017 - #4320440

and what versions of Poser does she work in ?

Poser2014 and up.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2017 at 4:44 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

I know erogenesis has some meshes that has Female Anatomical Elements. and I was assuming this one did also but I was just making sure. I can't remember 3 weeks a go much less 3 years a go. and I was seeing if there selling just one version or 2 like DAZ does with the Female Anatomical Elements and how much $$$ ? 7 Days till xMas.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.