Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: V4/M4 products now?

primorge opened this issue on Jul 19, 2021 ยท 204 posts

perpetualrevision posted Thu, 24 March 2022 at 4:10 PM

All those words, and I forgot to say the one thing that originally prompted me to contribute to this thread! 

Yes, I a good part of the reason I use V4 is b/c I have so much content for her. But an even bigger reason that I don't often see mentioned is that I KNOW her so well.  I've used the figure long enough to be very familiar with her material zones, her body shaping options, and her expressions, and even so I still discover new ways to make things happen. I know which FBMs will work with certain types of clothes and which will not, and how to fix various issues. That familiarity saves time, given that my goal is to make art, not to futz about with figuring out how a new figure works.

I LOVE the way Karina has organized all V4's dials to make sense, esp. separating face shapes from expressions. I think Dawn is a pretty nifty figure, and I have a fair amount of content for her,  but her dial organization makes no sense, so I reorganized them myself and saved that CR2 as a "starter."  I actually did that for M4 and for all of Nursoda's figures too, so that I can focus on making expressions and not on hunting down dials!

TOOLS: MacBook Pro; Poser Pro 11; Cheetah3D; Photoshop CC

FIGURES: S-16 (improved V4 by Karina), M4, K4, Mavka, Toons, and Nursoda's people

GOALS: Stylized and non-photorealistic renders in various fantasy styles