Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Scarlet - Is it time to jump the V4 ship?

hornet3d opened this issue on May 16, 2015 · 532 posts

Valandar posted Mon, 18 May 2015 at 8:46 AM

Doesn't matter what a Vendor make, add ons, characters, figures, clothes, Merchants Resources. 

It seems that the work gone into something so many times goes unappreciated, instead of patience on something that's only been available a few days this thread has turned into a beat down of the skills of a person who has feelings. 

I'm not going to say Scarlett is perfect but has any figure been when first released, there's usually service releases after or updates.  

This community shouldn't be bashing him but trying to encourage improvements or updates to the figure, honestly if i read this as the vendor in question i'd say stuff ya and walk away.  Look into your own hearts on how you'd feel to be on receiving end of a lot of whats been said because honestly I wouldn't like it personally. 

There's errors, ok fine fair enough, but point them out nicely, be polite in criticism because you don't know what goes on in that person's offline life any more than they do yours. 

Just my penny's worth of thoughts on this. I'm nobody to you guys but i'm somebody to others, so is Sixus1 

I think the problem is that a flawed product is presented, and before people can point out the flaws and suggest ways to fix, other people start raving about how "OMG it's the best ever!" and "It's perfect, better than anything out there". The percieved anger about the flaws is most likely originally aimed at the people who are thus praising a flawed or broken product, not the creator, but tone and intent are impossible to read on the internet. And when the flaws ARE pointed out, others will often claim they aren't flaws, or "you don't see them when rendered", which is patently (and provably) untrue.

I have heard that argument before that hey all these couple of people said it was awesome and therefore I was irate. I don't know about most people as I am only my lonesome but really I make my own opinions. If folks love it that is fine, people get excited, ... I don't think t hat means folks should then get all irate and blame it on the good stuff folks say as an excuse to be destructive. I been on the net a long time many forums, ran them, tone and intent IMHO is very easy to read in posts. Maybe that is just me but I think written word tone comes out rather nicely... I read a lot of fiction so maybe that's it :)  Folks are going to say what they will. Nature of the beastie, doesn't mean it has to get impolite and destructive. I appreciate honesty and I boil down a lot of this anyways reading through this post anyways, but... I still believe that there are better ways to communicate dis-satisfaction and the like than some have done in this forum thread. 

And in this very thread I saw the flaws pointed out, and naysayers immediately try to shout them down with blatantly and provably untrue statements. C'est la vie.

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!