Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Tyler - making clothes

FaeMoon opened this issue on Sep 27, 2012 · 32 posts

Blackhearted posted Sat, 29 September 2012 at 12:56 PM

Quote - So just to be clear, we will want to use tyler as the donor cr2 for rigging, rather than ryan2. Does the same hold true for anastasia clothing vs alyson.. because I've been doing it the other way with her.  Or are her joints not changed much from alyson2s?

Anastasia has the exact same joints as Alyson 2. she just has her base deformers stripped out (some werent working properly anyway), and has a new set of JCMs for improved bending. for Anastasia clothing you would use Alyson as a donor, but id still recommend modeling it on the Anastasia body if you want it to look good and are intending to market it with primarily Anastasia promos. i find it is easier (and yields better results) to morph something outwards to a lower detailed shape, than it is to take something from a larger, lower detailed shape and morph it inwards to a more detailed one. 

Tyler has some actual rigging tweaks, especially around the shoulders, so I would recommend using the Tyler CR2 as the donor.

with the weight mapped rigging, what i do is the following:
-you load your clothing you wish to conform (i recommend you group it yourself, and in the next step when poser asks if you want to 'automatically group' it, choose no).
-in the setup room choose your clothing item, then navigate to Figures>People>Tyler and click the checkmark to change figure. choose no to the auto group promot, and it will transfer the rigging/WMs from Tyler to your clothing item. it transfers everything from Tyler including deformers/morph dial names/materials/etc so youll need to either clean up the CR2 manually, use an automated app like PhilC's CR2 editor, or wait for someone to release a Tyler dev version or 'Tyler Lite' that has all this stuff stripped out.
-edit your WMs and bulge maps for the clothing joints, using the add/subtract and smooth tools.
-add any necessary JCMs to fix pokethrough you cant solve with the WMs/bulge maps

i find that - at least with Alyson - tops (like t-shirt size) conform almost perfectly, with very little work needed tweaking the WMs, just a couple of pokes with the WM editing tool set to smooth.

the hip area on figures, on the other hand, is a nightmare to do with any sortof tight-fitting clothing item with the approximate coverage of a pair of briefs. so either make them longer or make them a thong - but avoid the briefs/booty short size if you want clothing that actually fits tight.

keep in mind im not primarily a clothing creator, but im sure some people that focus more on clothing can chime in with some more tips/advice.

cheers,
-Gabriel