Strata Unveils Design 3D CX Version 7 for Windows®
November 21, 2011 12:08 am
Major 3D software update places powerful new features, tools and workflow enhancements into the hands of designers worldwide.
St. George, Utah, November 17, 2011 — Today Strata released Design 3D CX v.7 for the PC, following last month's successful introduction of Version 7.0 for Mac®. Strata Design 3D CX 7 is professional-level 3D modeling and animation software for creative designers who desire superior results and usability.
Design 3D CX 7 delivers end-to-end power for the entire 3D workflow, with a simplified learning curve and familiar toolset developed to help 2D designers easily transition into 3D design. The program also provides tie-ins with the Adobe® Creative Suite®, improving and simplifying the design workflow between 2D and 3D environments.
Key updates to the Strata Design 3D CX v.7 release include:
- Faster rendering and advances to blurred effects, anisotropy and more
- Sun and Sky feature for natural lighting effects
- Native UV editing environment for perfect texturing control
- New texture features, including channels for Normal and Anisotropy maps
- Subdivision modeling enhanced with extensive pro level features
- New Boolean modeling engine produces superior results
- Grid Templates that act as virtual tracing paper for modeling reference images
- Match Motion helps users put their 3D designs into actual video
- Project templates get projects started with predefined lighting, environments and backgrounds
- Customizable keyboard shortcut sets for user-defined workflows
"We had an excellent response and a lot of positive feedback from our recent launches of Design 3D CX7 for Mac and Design 3D CXi in the Mac App Store. Designers really love the new features and functionality and we're excited to finally place it in the hands of our PC customer base" said Ken Bringhurst, Strata President. It's always great to see people push the limits of our software and we're seeing some really extraordinary work posted to our forums."
Capture, Create, Design and Deliver with the Strata CX Suite
When purchased as part of the Strata 3D CX Suite, Design 3D CX is delivered with three companion applications at a 50% discount over purchasing all of the products individually. Strata Foto 3D allows users to capture and turn real-world objects into 3D models using a simple digital camera. Strata Enfold 3D creates 3D packaging from 2D artwork in Adobe Illustrator®. Strata Live 3D makes it easy to deliver and share interactive 3D content on the Internet.
Design 3D CX Training Available at Strata 3D University
Strata 3D University is Strata's online video training center. It makes learning Design 3D easy and fun, with professional tutorials on all aspects of the application and the 3D design workflow, including modeling, texturing, lighting, animation, scene composition and rendering. Visit www.strata3duniversity.com to learn more.
Purchasing and Availability
Full and Upgrade versions of Strata Design 3D Version 7.0 for Windows are available immediately from the Strata website at www.strata.com or through Strata's reseller partners. For a limited time, Strata is bundling a free copy of Foto 3D SE and the essential training guide The Art and Science of Strata Design 3D CX 7.
Strata is the developer and publisher of the Strata 3D CX Suite of products. The suite lets users capture, create, design and deliver - all in 3D. Strata 3D CX applications include plug-ins for Adobe applications, allowing designers to take the Creative Suite to a higher level. For more information visit http://www.strata.com or call 800-678-7282.
Strata Design 3D CX, Live 3D CX, Foto 3D CX, and Enfold 3D CX are trademarks of Corastar Inc. All other trademarks, not owned by Corastar Inc., which are contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
Please note: If you find the color of the text hard to read, please click on "Printer-friendly" and black text will appear on a white background.
- 3D Grand Prize Halloween Winner: Maddelirium
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - FAN ART
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - Portraits
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - Comics / Cartoons
- MAXON’s CINEMA 4D R16: An Excellent Upgrade
- NVIDIA Quadro K2200 Graphics Card in Review
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - ZBrush
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - Halloween Edition
- Autodesk Maya 2015 in Review
- SIGGRAPH 2014: Creative People and Cutting Edge Technology in a Magic City