Once you create an account, do the following on the ArtBreeder page...
- Click on Create (top menu)
- Click on Portraits (large center page)
- Click on Upload, and upload a portrait you have permission to use. (Note: This can be a face shot you did with your cell phone. It doesn't have to be a professionally shot portrait.) You get a limited number of uploads with your free account, so choose carefully.
- It will take a while for your face to be made ready by ArtBreeder. This could be a good time for a snack break.
- .... If your image is ready, it won't be grayed-out. Click on the image to start "breeding".
- Children will create various versions based of the single image. There's a cycle button you can click to see a few more. Depending on your browser, you may see 3 or more selections. If you like one, click on it to save it. You can save as many as you want.
- The Breed option allows you to select a second image to "breed" with your image, and the Edit-Genes allows you to adjust sliders to fineness various aspects. The last slider, Craziness, when slid in negative direction adds more realism to your portrait.
- Important sliders in the Edit-Gene sessions are width, height, yaw, age, gender (down for female, up for male), smile, eye glasses (down to remove), and craziness. The others are useful too, but these are key to achieving great faces.
- Remember to click save if you like something.
- The download icon allows you to download a jpeg file.
- At this point, you have a choice to make: Low Resolution (unlimited and free), or High Resolution (limited, but you can purchase more if you want.) I recommend a High Resolution for your Face Transfer.
- Download your file.
- If you download a high resolution version, you will have to wait (again) for it to be created. Time for another break.
- ... back from your break? To see if your image is ready, click on the three-bar menu button = and select Image Downloads.
- Once you've downloaded a High Resolution image, go to the next step.