Renderosity & Dragon*Con 2002
August 25, 2006 12:00 am
Renderosity is having it very FIRST Digital Art Convention! We are glad to announce that we are partnering with Dragon*Con, America's largest annual convention for fans of science fiction, fantasy, horror, comics, art, games, animation, science, music, television and films, will be held August 30 - September 2, Friday - Monday in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Interactive Planning - Here YOU can ask questions, participate, and brainstorm in planning this convention with us. Renderosity community has been around for 3 years and it is time to have a meet and greet. Shake each others hand, pat each other on the back, have a sit down conversation, and come face to face with Renderosity members that you have known for years. It is time to meet! Come All to Atlanta for our first Renderosity gathering - if you dare.
Here is all you do: 1. Complete the registration form 2. Purchase your convention membership 3. Make your reservations to the hotel (We suggest the Marriott since this is where the Renderosity Convention will be, but the Hyatt is just a crosswalk away.) 4. Make your travel arrangements 4-day Convention tickets are $75 per person. Can't make all 4 days? Nottaproblemo!! 1, 2, and 3 day passes for the convention will be available at the door. They are priced as follows: 3 day Sat, Sun & Mon $60 2 day Sun and Mon $45 1 day Fri, Sat or Sun $30 and Monday $25. That is it! We will see you there.
Renderosity is having a digital art show conference at Dragon*con. Dragon*con is this.... This is the first ever digital art conference. Schedule for Presenters Aug. 30th
- Opening ceremony of the Digital Art Show - time listed
- 1st presenter - time listed
- 2nd presenter - time Aug. 31st Sept. 1st Sept. 2nd
- Closing ceremony of the Digital Art Show It is going to be a
happening place to be. Look forward to having you present at
Renderosity Convention at Dragon*con.
Purchase Hotel Information What's Happening! Contact US Main Convention Page
Arriving from the North
- You'll come in on either I-75, from the northwest, or I-85, from the northeast. The two highways combine just north of downtown; follow signs for Downtown (basically this means go straight).
- While traveling southbound on 75/85, take the exit for Williams Street.
- If you're driving in for the day and not staying at one of our hotels, you can park at any of the parking lots on Williams St. Any of these parking lots are within a few blocks of the convention site.
- To get to the Hyatt and the Marriott, turn left, east, on Harris St.
- go a couple of blocks while getting to the extreme left.
- For the Hyatt Regency, turn left onto Peachtree Street and get all the way into the rightmost lane. The Hyatt will be immediately on your right.
- For the Marriott Marquis, continue on Harris one block and turn left on Peachtree Center Avenue. The Marriott will be immediately on your right (the Hyatt will be on your left).
- When traveling northbound on 75/85, take the right-hand exit for International Boulevard.
- Turn left onto International Boulevard at second light and cross the freeway. If you're staying at the Marriott Courtyard or Fairfield Inn, keep left; your hotels are on the left.
- Otherwise, you'll arrive at an intersection with Piedmont Rd. Continue across Piedmont through the next light at Courtland St.
- For the Marriott Marquis, turn right onto Peachtree Center Avenue. The Marriott will be in the next block on the right (Hyatt is to your left).
- For the Hyatt, continue one more block on International Boulevard and turn right onto Peachtree St. The Hyatt will be a block and a half down on your right.
- While traveling in on I-20 East or West, exit downtown onto I-75/85 North ("Greenville/Chattanooga"). Stay to the right but be mindful of unwanted exit-only lanes.
- After going no more than a mile, exit on International Boulevard and follow directions as From the South, above.
Greyhound runs bus routes all throughout the United States to Atlanta. The "temporary" station is adjacent to MARTA's Garnett station; take any northbound train two stops to Peachtree Center (N1). Peachtree Center Station is within a block of our primary hotels. You can also take a cab from the bus station to the hotels; the distance is less than two miles.