onOne Software Makes Perfect Photo Suite 8 Beta Version Available to Public
November 18, 2013 1:20 am
Perfect Photo Suite 8 Public Beta Delivers Free Complete Trial of New Photo Editing Tools Designed for Photographers by Photographers
Portland, OR – onOne Software, Inc., a leading developer of innovative and time-saving solutions for digital photography, today announced Perfect Photo Suite 8 Beta for Windows and Mac. Available as a free public download, Perfect Photo Suite 8 Beta allows users to test out a full-featured, standalone photo editor that integrates seamlessly with Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Photoshop Elements, and Apple Aperture, and includes the best tools to help all photographers, from enthusiasts to professionals, make their photos look their best.
Perfect Photo Suite 8 Beta is a pre-release version and includes all of the tools and features that will be offered in the final release of Perfect Photo Suite 8, expected on November 26, 2013. The new version of the Suite adds essential tools for convenient photo corrections and enhancements, improved workflow, and powerful new tools that promote spontaneous and limitless creativity. onOne Software encourages photographers to try out the beta version and provide feedback.
“This is the first time we’ve broadly offered a
public beta for one of our products and invited feedback before its
release,” said Craig Keudell, president of onOne Software.
“While it can be a risky endeavor, especially for our
flagship product, we believe it is more important to hear the voice
of the photography community and make sure we are providing them
with the high quality tools they want and need.”
Perfect Photo Suite 8 Public Beta Features:
- Eight integrated modules – Effects, Enhance, B&W, Portrait, Mask, Layers, Resize, and Browse. Each module is designed to target a specific image-processing task. Together, they help photographers enhance, retouch, and stylize images in a layered workflow, replace backgrounds, create high-quality enlargements, and prepare images for use in various capacities.
- New Module! Perfect Enhance provides essential tools for basic enhancements, such as brightness and contrast adjustments; colorcast, dust spot, and power line removal; and the addition of vignettes. It is an ideal module to start with when using Perfect Photo Suite 8 as a standalone application or when quick corrections are needed.
- New Module! Browse provides convenient and direct access to image files wherever they are stored—whether they are on a computer, an external drive, a connected network, or on a cloud-based storage service like Dropbox, Google Drive, or Apple’s photo stream.
- Reimagined! Perfect Effects –As a cornerstone of Perfect Photo Suite 8, the Effects module has been redesigned to feature adjustable filters and customizable presets—making it the most powerful and versatile image stylization tool available.
- Twice as Many Filters to create the most sought-after looks, including:
- Dynamic Contrast adds stunning clarity to images and makes them pop by exaggerating the levels of contrast, without sacrificing highlight and shadow detail, creating halos, or affecting the saturation.
- Lens Blur includes the best parts of FocalPoint technology to create bokeh, tilt-shift, and selective focus effects after the shot.
- HDR Look adds the edgy look of high dynamic range to images. Settings are adjustable to create effects that range from subtle to surreal.
- Vintage turns photos into a nostalgic memory with retro-style filters.
- Powerful brushes provide the right results for specific editing tasks:
- Perfect Eraser removes objects with content-aware fill technology
- Retouch Brush uses spot healing to remove small distractions
- Clone Brush removes unwanted items by replicating and covering specified areas of an image
- Masking Brush reveals underlying layers or selectively applies effects
- Perfect Brush delivers precise edge-detected masking
- Hundreds of Customizable Presets are available throughout Perfect Photo Suite 8 that make it easy for every photographer to instantly create an image they love. Presets can also be used as starting points for creativity and efficiency. Presets are included in the Enhance, Effects, B&W, Portrait, and Resize modules.
- Improved Masking Bug in the Effects and Layers modules make mask creation easier and more intuitive.
- Perfect Batch utility simultaneously applies presets from multiple modules and a watermark to a selected group of images.
The Perfect Photo Suite 8 Beta is a pre-release of the Premium Edition that works with Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Aperture, Photoshop Elements, and as a standalone application. It may be downloaded for free at http://www.ononesoftware.com/products/suite8/beta.html.
Perfect Photo Suite 8 Beta Terms and Conditions
- By downloading Perfect Photo Suite 8 Beta, participants acknowledge and accept the following:
- Perfect Photo Suite 8 Beta is a pre-release version of the software. It may include elements that will not be included in the final version and crashes may be experienced.
- Beta releases are not supported. For a supported version of Perfect Photo Suite, please learn more about Perfect Photo Suite 7.
- Beta releases are intended for testing and feedback purposes only, and should not be used for normal use and production work. The Perfect Photo Suite 8 beta version runs alongside all other onOne Software products so they may all be installed on the same machine at the same time. This will allow the exploration and testing of the beta version and continued, normal use of existing onOne Software products.
- Any presets created or presets, backgrounds, textures or borders imported into in the Perfect Photo Suite 8 beta will not be preserved.
- Any and all versions of the Perfect Photo Suite 8 beta will automatically expire on November 30, 2013 and will no longer work after that date.
To report a problem with the Perfect Photo Suite 8 Beta or offer feedback, send an email to email@example.com or sign up for the Perfect Photo Suite 8 Public Beta Forum at http://prerelease.ononesoftware.com/index.php?action=register
About onOne Software
onOne Software, Inc., is a leading developer of innovative software tools and apps for digital photography and offers time-saving software solutions for photographers of all levels, from enthusiasts to professionals. Leveraging its extensive history as successful plug-in developer for Adobe Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Photoshop Lightroom, and Apple Aperture, and continued development of cutting-edge technology, onOne publishes unified solutions that offer both full-featured photo editing capabilities and the flexibility of traditional plug-ins. Founded in 2005, onOne Software is a privately held company located in Portland, Oregon. For additional information, visit www.ononesoftware.com.
onOne Software Blog: www.ononesoftware.com/blog
©2013 onOne Software, Inc. All rights reserved. onOne Software, the onOne Software logo, and Focused on Photography are registered trademarks and Perfect Photo, Perfect Enhance, Perfect Effects, Perfect Eraser, Perfect Batch, and FocalPoint are trademarks in the United States and are the property of onOne Software. Adobe, Photoshop and Lightroom are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems, Inc. Apple and Aperture are registered trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Please note: If you find the color of the text hard to read, please click on "Printer-friendly" and black text will appear on a white background.
Please take a moment to join Renderosity's Newsletter List to receive news and information from Renderosity!
- Interview with Artist of the Month - Nikolais
- Artist of the Month for January, 2018 - NIKOLAIS
- Gallery of the Week for Nov 13, 2017 - Photography Gallery
- Artist of the Month for September, 2017 - Sossy
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week for August 21, 2017 - Weapons Genre
- Gallery of the Week - Food Genre