How are nominees for AOM selected?
Members who participate in a selected gallery are nominated by our
Moderators, and Admins. Artist of the Month is highlighting a
talented Renderosity artist that has been nominated by the site
team and voted by the community. Recognition is given to this
member for their collection of works for that year. Since we only
select one AOM per month, it is not about their works for that
particular month. Instead, it is about highlighting a talented
artist's works for that year and they are recognized during that
What criteria do the Mods/Admins use to select their
They are asked to take into consideration
the following criteria:
- An AOM nominee should have in their gallery a body of work that
is created using the software/genre for the month in question.
- There should be more than just a sprinkling of that type of
image, demonstrating a good foundation in and mastery of the
- Several elements should be balanced and considered when
selecting a nominee -- things like technical expertise, mood,
message, design and content should be taken into
- The nominee's gallery should have fairly recent postings to it.
(There are quite a few members who are no longer active and
therefore no longer available for the follow up interview.)
- New:An artist can only be AOM for one time
during the year. Those artists who have won this title
during the past five years will
not be included in the voting for a new AOM.
- New: Coordinators [as they are volunteers]
will be eligible for AOM nomination for 2006 AOM, and, are no
longer part of the AOM selection process.
- Moderators, and Admins are not eligible for Artist of the
Each month, we highlight a different gallery or galleries from
which the nominees are selected. This gives a larger variety of
members an opportunity to participate in the AOM. The 2007
Artist of the Month schedule:
- January - 2D
- February - 3D Studio Max, Lightwave
- March – Bryce
- April - Cinema 4D/ Rhino 3D
- May – Fractal
- June - Mixed Medium, Digital Comics
- July - Terragen, ArtMatic, Mojoworld
- August - Photography
- September - Poser, Daz|Studio
- October - Writers
- November - Vue
- December - All Galleries not previously listed
What happens after the Community votes each
Once the voting has ended, an announcement
on the front page is published until we receive the interview from
the winner. This is also announced in our monthly newsletter. After
the artist has been interviewed, the article is published on the
front page for the entire month.
What is AOY?
At the end of the
year, one of the Artists of the Month will be selected for the
title of Artist of the Year. This is voted on by the Mods and
Admins of the site.