Terms of Service
As a member/user of Renderosity, it is your responsibility to know, and adhere to the Terms of Service.
Last updated: February 18, 2016
Renderosity's Mission is to create a thriving, productive environment that encourages an atmosphere of community, respect, collaboration, and growth for graphic artists of all backgrounds.
As a member/user of Renderosity, it is your responsibility to know, and adhere to the Terms of Service. Renderosity reserves the right to change, alter or modify the Terms of Service as needed. All postings, past and present are subject to the most current terms of service.
Members and users are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that is constructive and respectful of others at all times. Additionally, we hope that each member/user will work to facilitate a culture of collaboration and positive reinforcement, so we can all share our passion for art while developing our personal ambitions, and friendships.
Members/Users will not use this community for:
- Any practices that affect the normal operations of the community (Admins will take whatever steps are necessary to restore service).
- Transmitting any libelous, defamatory, or any other material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under the law.
- Personal attacks. This includes but is not limited to, destructive, abusive, defamatory communications in any form, and retaliatory attacks from personal attacks. If you need assistance, please communicate with someone from our Renderosity Team.
- Destructive commentary/communications made with the intent to disrupt or attack (Trolling). This applies to any communications within this community, whether in the forums, art galleries, graffiti wall, chat, blogs, sitemail or article opinions.
- Advertising or linking to any publications and/or web sites that are sexually explicit, and/or pornographic in nature.
- HARASSMENT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AT RENDEROSITY. If anyone feels as if they’re being harassed by another member, please report it to someone from our Renderosity team. Such messages will be deleted and the member may be banned from using these functions. This applies to any communications within this community, which includes but not limited to forums, art galleries, graffiti wall, chat, blogs, sitemail or article opinions.
- Flame Baiting. It can be a person unfamiliar with a certain topic/discussion on an internet forum group, saying things that would provoke an angry, teasing, or overall negative response. For example: You’re a loser if you think Poser is better than Daz. OR Everyone knows which software will be at the top next time this year and it won’t be Poser/Daz. These will purposely provoke negative reactions.
- Trolling. Purposely causing harm to others by stating destructive commentary such as “that’s an ugly photo you just uploaded.” Or, “you are horrible at creating photos, you should re-learn Poser.” If you need assistance, please communicate with someone from our Renderosity Team.
- Political/Religious Viewpoints. Since discussions of a Religious and Political nature tend to be heated because of varying viewpoints, we feel that as an artists' forum, there is no place for these types of discussions. Insulting someone’s religion or speaking about political views in a negative manner is not tolerated anywhere on our site.
- Disturbing the peace – at Renderosity, we will not accept any members interrupting the community with any negative comments. Here are a few examples: if a member creates a thread asking for help on something, a staff member posts a thread looking for participation say a contest and a member attacks them, this behavior will not be tolerated and a warning will be given. You may disagree with members, but if it’s in a vicious manner, it will not be acceptable. Also, this new addition to the TOS is in no way saying that the site is censoring, but rather, helping the forums and chat fight against trolls, and bullies.
- Additionally, offsite linking to other marketplaces or freestuff sites are not allowed within the forum, gallery, or forum signatures. For example: Links to competing stores like Daz3d.com, RuntimeDNA.com, etc are not allowed. However, links to non-competing stores like Etsy.com or Ebay.com are acceptable.
Site Areas - Galleries, Forums, Homepages, Blogs, etc:
- No Posting Unacceptable Images or Writing Themes:
- No Rape [actual or implied]
- No Torture [defined as: the infliction of intense pain (as from burning, crushing, wounding, crucifixion) to punish, coerce, or afford sadistic pleasure]
- No Sexual acts [no depictions of sexual intercourse - between humanoids/non-humanoids/animals - no masturbation]
- No Physical arousal [This includes but is not exclusive to: no images of an erect penis/ no images showing the inner portion of the vulva or vaginal area]
- No Explicit sexual content [No manipulation of breasts/nipples/ no sexual situations/ no 'implied" sexual acts/ no extreme or explicit S&M bondage situations/ no lewd or obscene sexual references]
- No Genital contact with ANY object, other than sitting or clothing.
- No Child Nudity. Please see the guidelines here.
- No character attacks, which could be interpreted as defamation of character, slander, and libelous.
- Commercial images are welcome in the galleries with following restrictions:
- Posting of commercial images/links is limited to active vendors and products in the Renderosity Marketplace.
- Commercial language is limited to text in the Notes area and may not appear on the actual image.
- Avatars may not contain nudity.
- Any gallery image that contains nudity, violence, and/or language must be flagged for those advisories (Check boxes are located on the actual gallery upload form)
- Thumbnails for all areas of the site may not display nude female breasts, male or female genitals or buttocks, or graphically violent images.
- A signed model release with Photo-ID is required for all photograph images. Renderosity frequently requires proof be faxed or emailed into our office.
If you have a problem with any post or image, please contact the Team for assistance. Any post, image or writings can be removed at the discretion of staff if it is deemed unsuitable. Conversely there may be some images which, whilst in apparent violation of the rules, will be permitted to stay in the interests of free speech and religious tolerance. In such cases the artist may be asked to furnish reasons why the image should be permitted to stay and the decision of the Renderosity staff will be final.
Members that violate the rules above will be notified by a member of the Renderosity team. Warnings will be noted in the member's record. Continual violation of the rules will result in a temporary ban. Habitual rule violations can result in a permanent ban.
Conduct - Zero Tolerance:
Renderosity maintains a Zero Tolerance on certain behaviors within the community. These include, but are not limited to the following:
- Any threats of physical harm, property damage or acts of violence toward another individual, or group of individuals.
- Fraudulent use of credit cards or refusing to pay for items received from The MarketPlace.
- Soliciting, trading or distributing products illegally (warez). This includes, but is not limited to, requests and/or distribution of computer software, digital products, software security overrides, serial numbers and/or continued use or possession of illegal products (warez).
- Intentional practices that affect the normal operations of the community (Admins will take whatever steps are necessary to restore service).
- Any member found to be impersonating a moderator or Admin of Renderosity will have his/her membership revoked.
Members/Users found practicing these behaviors will immediately have their membership revoked, and access to the community permanently blocked from the community including any duplicate accounts for the same person. Renderosity considers this information private and confidential. However, there may be certain situations that necessitate otherwise. The appropriate legal authorities will be contacted, and if appropriate charges may be filed.
Renderosity members remain the original copyright holder in all materials (software and content) provided on the community. Do not use any Renderosity post, images or writings without expressed, written consent by the copyright holder. Use of the material inconsistent with these terms and conditions is prohibited and considered an infringement of the copyrights of the respective holders.
Renderosity provides a variety of communication tools to members. These include forums, galleries, chat rooms, and site mail. Members using Renderosity to send spam or unsolicited advertising information, etc will be subject to disciplinary action. Any information provided by members using these services is considered public information and is logged. Renderosity has access to these communications and will review them if needed. Renderosity will not be held responsible and/or liable for information that members choose to share via these tools. We strongly recommend that members exercise forethought and caution prior to disclosing any personal information while using these tools.
Posting private email or sitemail communications without the written consent of both parties are not allowed.
Renderosity maintains a database of member/user information to facilitate the community's operations for members, users and administrators. The following discloses our information collection, use and dissemination practices.
- E-mail Addresses: Member e-mail addresses are stored in a database for use in distributing member selected newsletters. This information is not shared except in cooperation with appropriate authorities in the case of violations of our Zero Tolerance Conduct.
- IP addresses: Member/User IP addresses are collected, and stored in a database to help diagnose, track, and manage issues within the community. This information is not shared except in cooperation with appropriate authorities in the case of violations of our Zero Tolerance Conduct.
- Purchasing Data: Renderosity maintains a database of merchandise purchases. Purchasing Data consists of, but is not limited to Name, Address, and Phone. Renderosity does not keep a database of credit card numbers. This information is not shared except in cooperation with appropriate authorities in the case of violations of our Zero Tolerance Conduct.
- Cookies: Renderosity Servers are programmed to read, and write member/user specific cookie files. The use of these files is limited to page views and stored information provided by the member. This includes member passwords, purchasing data, and aggregate data. Please note that any data other than that contained in Renderosity cookie files cannot be read off your hard disk.
- Aggregate Data: Renderosity collects, and uses aggregate data for the purpose of soliciting advertisers. This data includes page views, ad impressions, click throughs, total membership and total number of subscribers. No personal information is shared with this statistical data.
- Off-Site Links: The Renderosity community contains links to a variety of other web sites. These are usually in the form of member/user provided links. Renderosity cannot, and will not be held responsible for the privacy practices, or content of any web site other than our own.
YOU AGREE THAT THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TENNESSEE, WITHOUT REGARD TO PRINCIPLES OF CONFLICTS OF LAWS, WILL GOVERN THE TERMS OF SERVICE AND A DISPUTE OF ANY TYPE THAT MAY ARISE BETWEEN YOU AND RENDEROSITY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE SHALL BE BROUGHT EXCLUSIVELY IN THE CHANCERY COURT FOR DAVIDSON COUNTY, TENNESSEE OR THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE MIDDLE DISTRICT OF TENNESSEE, TO WHICH YOU SUBMIT TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION AND VENUE THEREOF. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT IN THE EVENT LITIGATION ENSUES OVER THE TERMS OF SERVICE AND YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, THE PREVAILING PARTY IN ANY SUCH LITIGATION SHALL BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER ALL COSTS AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, REASONABLE ATTORNEY'S FEES, COURT COSTS AND ATTENDANT EXPENSES, FROM THE NON-PREVAILING PARTY.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES:
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. RENDEROSITY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. RENDEROSITY MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE; (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; AND (v) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM RENDEROSITY OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TOS.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT RENDEROSITY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF RENDEROSITY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.
NO SPAM, DAMAGES:
RENDEROSITY may immediately terminate any account which it determines, in its sole discretion, is transmitting or is otherwise connected with any 'spam' or other unsolicited bulk email. In addition, because damages are often difficult to quantify, if actual damages cannot be reasonably calculated then you agree to pay RENDEROSITY liquidated damages of five dollars (US $5.00) for each time a spam incident is traced to your RENDEROSITY account. Otherwise you agree to pay RENDEROSITY's actual damages, to the extent such actual damages can be reasonably calculated.
Renderosity is owned and operated by Bondware, Inc. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. Email is email@example.com
- Nudity - This implies no clothes, clothes that are transparent or blurring of nude images.
- Tasteful breast exposure. No areloa or nipple exposure, and no transparent fabric.
- No exposed buttocks - more exposure than a standard bikini bottom would constitute nudity.
- No suggestive or sexual positioning.
- No child nudity.
- No Sexually Suggestive Language and/or images.
- No "Censored" language/images on thumbnails