Stanford's 'Happy Buddha' by Lahl ()
Realism posted on Aug 30, 2005
Members remain the original copyright holder in all their materials here at Renderosity. Use of any of their material inconsistent with the terms and conditions set forth is prohibited and is considered an infringement of the copyrights of the respective holders unless specially stated otherwise.
This model was downloaded from the Stanford 3D Scanning Repository (http://graphics.stanford.edu/data/3Dscanrep/).
This model, digitally scanned from an actual object, was originally scanned with 9,200,000 poly's, but the one available for download had only 1,087,716 poly's. In Imagine, I further reduced that to 250,000 poly's, so its not quite as detailed as the original.
Anyway, this render was done as an example of multipass rendering in Imagine and compositing, and thought it turned out alright so decided to post it here.
It was rendered with a colour pass, ambient pass, a pseudo Ambient Occlusion pass, a shadow pass and specular pass, reflection pass and alpha channel, then all composited together. Finally I decided to render a depth pass and used it to add a bit of DOF in photoshop.
Not easy when Imagine doesn't provide the facility to produce any separate passes except an alpha channel
Haven't uploaded anything here for a while, but thought this turned out well enough to post, especially for a quick example render :)
Image Comments (7)
Hi Lahl, great to see your master craftship again! I am still clueless as to these "passes" in Imagine - if there are no buttons, then I don't know how you are working this magic in Imagine. Life is too stressed now to even try, but I'll look forward to tutes from you and Clae.
The models are in a proprietry .PLY format. There are links to format converters and info about the file format etc on the site. I converted them by importing them into 3dsmax and then exporting them as 3ds or dxf, then importing them into Imagine. Just don't forget to increase Imagine's preference settings for max point, edge and face count per object. I set mine to 2 million which uses about a half a Gig RAM