Blue Swallow Motel and Charly by dbwalton ()
Members remain the original copyright holder in all their materials here at Renderosity. Use of any of their material inconsistent with the terms and conditions set forth is prohibited and is considered an infringement of the copyrights of the respective holders unless specially stated otherwise.
Blue Swallow Motel and Charly - There's a LOT to this image - more than meets the eye. I'll start at the beginning...
1) 2 years ago while driving through Tucumcari, New Mexico, on Route 66, I hauled all of my lighting out at the Blew Swallow Motel. There are SEVERAL battery powered studio lights set up on light stands. I took several shots with the flashes, and then I took several time exposures to allow for the various lights (streetlights, neon lights, ambient light, etc.)
2) When I got home, I loaded all of these images in to my HDR software and created a balanced image where you could see details of the black truck, details in the shadows, etc.
3) I loaded the image in to DAZ as a background, and added my Charly character.
4) Using a painting I had done, I used that painting as the fabric for Charly's dress.
5) After rendering, I had to go in post and tone down Charly's dress because the colors in it were brighter than the neon sign above her.
There you have it. If I were to add up all the time spent creating this image (not counting the travel time to Tumcumcari, NM) I'd be willing to say 30-40 hours.
It's truly a labor of love.