Background #1 - August 2016 by Deenamic ()
Backgrounds posted on Aug 14, 2016
Members remain the original copyright holder in all their materials here at Renderosity. Use of any of their material inconsistent with the terms and conditions set forth is prohibited and is considered an infringement of the copyrights of the respective holders unless specially stated otherwise.
Triptych Challenge - August 2016
Hello everybody! What can you all do with a field of flowers? We will see what you all can do with that really soon, because this month's triptych background is a field of dandelions. I would like to thank dochtersions aka Jacomina for contributing this month's background! If you would like to contribute a background to the challenge too, then feel free to sitemail it to me. For those of you that don't know what a triptych is or what the Triptych Challenge is about, then check out the information below. Have fun creating your triptychs! :)
What is a triptych? Well here's a definition of what a tryptych is:
noun trip·tych \'trip-(?)tik\
a series of interconnecting scenes built on a common background
Now that you know what a triptych is, let me give you a general overview of what the challenge is about. Every month one of our coordinators, moderators, or members will create a background and you will download that background and add your artwork to it, you will then upload your image to the Triptych Gallery. Your triptych will then become apart of the sea of other triptychs in the gallery. I think this is going to be something cool for us to see and be apart of. Now it's time for some more detailed information, here are the instructions and rules:
1. Download the background provided above or one of the other backgrounds for the current month in the gallery. The other backgrounds already have the triptych panels laid out, but you can download the background above and create your own triptych panels if you want. To download one of the backgrounds, you're going to click on the button under the background image you choose and a new browser window will open displaying the background, you are then going to right-click on the background and a menu box will pop up and you're going to scroll down to Save image as... and click on it, name the background whatever you like, and save the background to your computer.
2. Build your scene on the background you chose and upload it to the Triptych Gallery.
1. You will have the entire month to complete your images.
2. Multiple uploads are permitted.
3. You can upload your images at anytime during the month.
4. No nudity, no extreme violence, and no sexual themes. If a flag has to be added, the image will be moved to an appropriate gallery.
Image Comments (6)
I'm sorry if I've confused you alida. The goal is to make a triptych using the image above or one of the other two background images in the gallery. You just have to add your own scene on top of the background. You can make your own triptych panels in your triptych or you can use one of the other backgrounds that already have the panels laid out for you. I probably just confused you some more. lol