Welcome to the LightWave Forum
LightWave F.A.Q (Updated: 2019 Mar 27 12:46 pm)
|Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!
Q: What is LightWave 3D?
- LightWave 3D is one of the CG industry's premier tools featuring a powerful modeling application with robust animation capabilities and superb rendering output. It is the most complete and flexible software solution for 3D graphics and animation right out of the box.
Q: Where can I learn more about LightWave 3D?
- Learn more about LightWave by visiting the Lightwave website. There's also a lot to be learned online from numerous websites with tutorials, and from user groups and online communities, like this Forum on Renderosity.
Q: Is there a demo version of LightWave 3D that I can download?
- Yes, at the site above.
Q: What is the LightWave 3D Forum on Renderosity?
- This forum is an online community of 3D artists who share a passion for LightWave 3D. The members of this community are a diverse bunch, with skills ranging from seasoned professionals to enthusiastic newbies, spread out all over the world. We have forum regulars who have careers in the CG industry, students preparing to join them and some stalwart hobbyists who simply cannot get enough of LightWave.
The forum is a place to talk shop, share WIP's of your current projects, ask questions if you're stuck on something, exchange links on tutorials and plug-ins, and generally discuss anything and everything related to LightWave 3D. If you are a "Waver", then this is your home on Renderosity.
Q: Who can join and post to this Forum?
- Any Renderosity member can post to this Forum. Whether or not your core application is LightWave, if you want to talk about LightWave then you're more than welcome to start up a thread and join in the fun here.
Q: Are there any rules on posting to this Forum?
- Yes, there are a few basic rules that we have all agreed on that you need to know about...
- All of the Terms of Service of Renderosity apply here. Kindly pay specific attention to the section on zero tolerance offenses.
- Commercials, advertisements and product promo topics have no place in this learning forum. If you need to share about a really amazing product that is LightWave related, just share a link.
- Please be conscious of copyright infringement. If you don't own the original image, kindly get permission first. Even if it is found somewhere else on the web, just share a link to it.
- Try to keep the images posted to the forum to a maximum size of 1024 x 768 pixels, preferrably only 800 x 600. This will prevent horizontal scrolling and allow the majority of users to view your images without any difficulties. This also helps keep loading times to manageable periods for graphic intensive threads.
- Hijacking a thread is frowned upon. If you've got something to add to an existing thread, please do so but instead of derailing and steering the focus away from another member's topic, please consider starting up your own thread.
- Try to use Subject headings that are relevant to your topic. This will make it easier for the built-in Forum search engine to help retrieve your thread later on.
Q: Who can I contact if I experience any problems here?
- Any coordinator, moderator or site administrator of Renderosity is here to help. If you need to contact staff members specific to the LightWave 3D Forum and Gallery, their names are listed at the top of the Forum page.
Q: Why are there more male LW users than there are female LW users?
- Very good question. We have no idea why that is either.