Back to being a mere member...
A little more than a year since my last major update in the Vue forum, this note is to confirm I am no longer Moderator of the forum.
I wish good luck to SGT2005 and GaryMillar in taking care of Vue related activities at Renderosity.
Now... back to making more pictures.
Replaced the main page of the backroom by the new Vue community page
A few words about the Vue community page now that it is replacing the main page of the backroom.
Sub-community pages are a flexible way for us mods and coords to highlight what is happening in our forums.
To this end, the Vue community page features :
- a spotlight on the last winner of the challenge (link to the winner's gallery through his/her featured image). Updated monthly.
- an Image of the week selected among images that did not receive the number of views or comments I believe it deserved. Updated weekly if possible.
- a selection of other images from the gallery... our 'staff favorites'. Updated whenever we get a chance
- an automatic selection of recent threads from the forum
- links to the old Backroom tips. The newly redesigned backroom will hopefully receive the links updates it deserves in by the end of the year.
- an announcement section for Vue related news, contests, and other community events
I hope this will make it a useful resource for the Vue forum.
Fall cleaning in the Vue forum
Made headers of forum and gallery more compact.
Updated the look and feel of the backroom to match the new design of the site.
I still need to clean up design issues in the Backroom Tips section, update links in the Resources section and finally, redesign the Forum FAQ.
On a more personal note, here is an overview of my coverage from SIGGRAPH 2007.
Emerging Technologies - Experience the future
Part I - Part II
Electronic Theater review (for VFX world - free registration required)
Summary of the week
Photo stream (via flickr)
.. and two Front Page articles on related technologies.
Back to the drawing board
Updated the backroom to reflect the new site design.
I underestimated the amount of work to do that change cleanly, so I had to reduce my expectations.
The backroom is readable, but a lot of areas need tweaking - some links are too dark, some backgrounds too clear.
The rest of the updates will come little by little.
In the meantime, do not hesitate to let us know if there is something you find particularly irritating in the color scheme of the backroom.