MAXON at the 2012 NAB Show (Exhibitor Booth # SL7625)
April 15, 2012 10:44 am
Company to Showcase CINEMA 4D – the 3D Motion Graphics 'Powerhouse' Product Line; Guest Artist Presenters to Showcase Workflow Benefits in Films, Television and New Media Projects; Presentations Streaming Live
NEWBURY PARK, Calif.-- MAXON Computer, the leading developer of professional 3D modeling, painting, animation and rendering solutions, today announced details of its exhibitor presence at the 2012 NAB Show – the premier electronic media show covering filmed entertainment and the development, management and delivery of content across all mediums, taking place April 16th – 19th in Las Vegas.
During show hours, MAXON welcomes members of the press and convention attendees to stop by its exhibitor booth # SL7625, to see the breadth of its 3D software product line. Taking center stage is CINEMA 4D R13, the production proven 3D motion graphics, visual effects, painting, and rendering software application. Featuring all new character tools, integrated stereographic capabilities and physical rendering, CINEMA 4D R13 provides digital artists the most comprehensive, user-friendly, suite of interactive 3D motion graphics tools to meet today’s multi-collaborative workflow challenges as well as the ease to deliver immersive entertainment that can be viewed anytime, anywhere. [Note: MAXON will be streaming booth presentations live from the booth at http://www.c4dlive.com]
Guest Artist Presenters
The MAXON booth, #SL7625, promises to be brimming with activity as the company hosts acclaimed guest artist presenters – filmmakers, motion graphics artists and designers – who will demonstrate advanced 3D graphics techniques and the workflow benefits that CINEMA 4D played in the making of award-winning feature films, broadcast graphics, commercials, and more. The guest artist list includes:
- Barton Damer is a multi-award winning motion designer and digital artist working in a variety of mediums including print, web, live productions and broadcast television under his moniker, Already Been Chewed. Barton returns to the MAXON booth to reveal how he employed CINEMA 4D to create some conventional and not-so-conventional campaigns for Street League’s professional skateboarding tour, Huawei smart phone spots, Answers Magazine illustrations, and more.
- Rob Garrott of bendingpixels, is a veteran motion graphics artist, instructor and Lynda.com author who has directed, animated, designed and produced numerous broadcast projects for leading brands. He returns to the MAXON booth to break down a medical animation project created for the National Institutes of Health Rocky Mountain Laboratories that highlights the use of CINEMA 4D’s MoGraph and Spline Dynamics toolsets.
- Nick Campbell is a seasoned motion designer and founder of Greyscalegorilla, the wildly successful online community and resource for training and tools for creative types. He returns to the MAXON booth with his high energy presentation style to demonstrate the incredible ease with which CINEMA 4D sparks creativity on dazzling motion graphics and effects on-the-fly.
- Jim Geduldick is a veteran VFX artist and editor and a co-host of the AENY (Adobe After Effects New York) user group. Jim will show recent projects that highlight the stereoscopic workflow between CINEMA 4D R13 and After Effects CS5.
- EJ Hassenfratz is a multi-Emmy-Award-winning motion graphics artist and founder of Washington DC-based Eyedesyn. He will demonstrate techniques used on several projects including animations for the NHL’s Washington Capitals and the Smithsonian that showcase CINEMA 4D’s versatility and performance working under tight deadlines.
- Casey Hupke is a freelance VFX designer/animator who has collaborated on campaigns for leading brands such as IBM, ATT, Coca Cola, and Buick. During his presentation, he will delve into recent projects to show how CINEMA 4D’s MoGraph, Thinking Particles and Xpresso toolsets bring efficiency into the workflow.
- Colin Evoy Sebestyen is a motion graphics instructor at both the California College of the Arts and Academy of Art University, in San Francisco. Colin will present a range of CINEMA 4D-related topics on projects that include custom lettering for a Snoop Dogg music video, live concert design, interactive applications and animated typography.
- Kevin Aguirre is lead animator for LA-based Cake Studios, a creative force in branding, design and animation for clients worldwide. Kevin will breakdown recent broadcast projects to highlight the use of CINEMA 4D’s multi-pass rendering, simple character IK setup, spline dynamics, Xpresso, the CINEMA 4D to After Effects exchange and more, on the promo package for ESPN/Texas Longhorn Network, ID designs for the Red Zone Channel from DirecTV, and a complex set of sports package opens for Germany's Sky Sport Network.
- Anthony Madlangbayan and Renzo Reyez, are designers and animators at Royale, an award-winning production, design and animation studio in Los Angeles. They will demonstrate the role CINEMA 4D plays in the studio’s hybrid workflow on projects for global brands including the network rebrand for the launch of Disney Junior, commercials for McDonalds’ “Monopoly 2012” promotion, MTV World Design Group’s “MTV at the Movies” commercial package, and more.
- Dave Glanz is the senior broadcast designer for Eyecandy, a post-production facility in the Washington, DC area. Dave will show the production-friendly workflow of CINEMA 4D in projects created for the American Film Institute, Discovery and the History Channel.
- Claudio Jeno designs and animates games for Univision, the premier media company serving Hispanic America. Using various toolsets in CINEMA 4D such as the Clone Array and Tracer, he will show the ease and flexibility in creating complex visual effects, animation and concept art under short deadlines.
- Brennan Ieyoub and Nicholas Scarpino head Layer Media, a San Francisco Bay Area-based new media and video production company. They will present how the studio's 2D After Effects motion graphics artists easily and successfully integrated CINEMA 4D as an integral part of their production workflow for entertaining interactive web video content.
Live Coverage from the MAXON Booth
For MAXON enthusiasts unable to attend the show, the company is dedicating a live stream from its NAB booth with expanded coverage of guest artist presentations and news from the show floor that will be available online for the duration of NAB. Live stream broadcasts are available at http://www.c4dlive.com. Visit the site for additional information on each presenter, presentation schedules, and more.
Co-hosts, Michele Yamazaki, pluginologist for Toolfarm, accomplished motion graphics artist, instructor and author of “Plug-in with After Effects: Third Party Plug-in Mastery” and Kate Logan, documentary filmmaker, will introduce guest presenters and field questions from the live and online audience after each of the presentations.
David Basulto, acclaimed journalist, digital guru and the founder and creator of Filmmaking Central, will augment MAXON’s show coverage as he roams the show interviewing industry opinion makers from the companies impacting video, film, graphics, animation technology and commenting on the hottest trends and new gear. His video reports for MAXON will be streamed during the show in between artist presentations.
MAXON Around the NAB 2012 Show
MAXON is sponsoring events and activities at NAB 2012 that provide an opportunity for show attendees to become better acquainted with its 3D product line and foster educational and networking opportunities, as follows:
- Las Vegas SuperMeet –
Tuesday, April 17, 4:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m., Tropicana
The Creative Pro User Group Network (CPUG Network) hosts the eleventh annual SuperMeet, the largest annual gathering of FCP, Avid and Adobe editors, HDSLR filmmakers and digital content creators. CINEMA 4D is acclaimed for its outstanding ease-of-use and cross platform functionality. MAXON returns this year as an event sponsor.
- MediaMotion Ball 2012 – Monday,
April 16 , 5:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m., The Monte Carlo
The 15th annual MediaMotion Ball 2012 affiliated with the International Media Users Group (IMUG) and the AE-List – is the premier event for post production, 3D and motion graphics professionals. A generous sponsor since its inception, MAXON will celebrate its 15-year commitment to the group with the “Raise A Glass” sponsorship – providing wines from Dutcher Crossing Winery with dinner. In addition, MAXON will be giving away two licenses of CINEMA 4D Broadcast and a 90-day trial membership to Cineversity for all attendees.
MAXON Booth Hours
Presentations at the MAXON booth #SL7625 will take place throughout NAB 2012 in the Las Vegas Convention Center, as follows:
- Monday, April 16th: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 17th: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 18th: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, April 19th 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Additional information on MAXON can be obtained on the Web at www.maxon.net.All trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
Be sure to check out the following CINEMA 4D related links on Renderosity:
- Renderosity's CINEMA 4D Community
- CINEMA 4D products in the Renderosity Marketplace
- Ricky Grove's CINEMA 4D Review
- Sergio Rosa's CINEMA 4D Review
Please note: If you find the color of the text hard to read, please click on "Printer-friendly" and black text will appear on a white background.
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - FAN ART
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - Portraits
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - Comics / Cartoons
- MAXON’s CINEMA 4D R16: An Excellent Upgrade
- NVIDIA Quadro K2200 Graphics Card in Review
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - ZBrush
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - Halloween Edition
- Autodesk Maya 2015 in Review
- SIGGRAPH 2014: Creative People and Cutting Edge Technology in a Magic City
- 3D Masterclass: The Swordmaster In 3DS Max And Zbrush