Legends of Storytelling Gather Once Again in Manhattan for the Filmmaking Event of the Year: Sight, Sound & Story
April 19, 2014 8:26 pm
Three-time Academy Award-winner Michael Kahn joins this year’s lineup of celebrated artists, editors and filmmakers
New York, New York – April 17, 2014 – Manhattan Edit Workshop (MEWShop), the cutting-edge authorized digital training destination for post-production and content creators, today announced the all-star list of guest speakers and panelists for its special one-day event, Sight, Sound & Story, held on June 14, 2014 at the French Institute in mid-town Manhattan. “Sight, Sound & Story is one of the few events that brings together the community to celebrate the art of post-production. This year, we're pulling out all the stops. We'll see film scenes evolve and discuss that process live with the editors who shaped them. We'll also screen key scenes from The Wolf of Wall Street – from simple production sound to the final surround mix – with the team who crafted it. And to close this year’s extraordinary show, Michael Kahn, A.C.E. will look at iconic scenes and share stories from his more than 30-year collaboration with Steven Spielberg,” says Josh Apter, founder and president of Manhattan Edit Workshop. "From box office blockbusters and sports docudramas to the golden age of television, Sight Sound & Story is a celebration of creativity – not to mention a huge networking party – that will appeal to movie lovers, seasoned professionals, fledgling editors and students alike.”
"Sight, Sound & Story" - June 8, 2013
Dedicated to the art of filmmaking, this special one-day symposium features the following Oscar winners and industry thought leaders:
- Michael Berenbaum, A.C.E. – “Before Night Falls,” “Sex and the City,” “The Americans”
- Brad Buckwalter, editor – HBO’s “24/7” series
- Colin Beattie, post-production – 2014 Winter Olympics
- Eugene Gearty, MPSE – “Hugo,” “Life of Pi,” “Wolf of Wall Street,” “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind”
- Michael Kahn, A.C.E. – “Schindler’s List,” “Saving Private Ryan,” “Raiders of the Lost Ark”
- Gary Levy, editor – “Nurse Jackie,” Royal Pains”
- Sam Miille, sound editor - “Hugo,” “Life of Pi,” “Wolf of Wall Street”
- Cindy Mollo, A.C.E. – “House of Cards,” “The Book of Eli”
- Jonathan Oppenheim, editor – “Paris is Burning,” “Children Underground”
- Bobbie O’Steen, film historian and author of “Cut to the Chase”
- Phil Parrish, producer, director, editor – ESPN, CBS and NBC
- Meg Reticker, editor – “30 Rock,” “True Detective, “Bored to Death,” “The Wire”
- Garret Savage, editor & producer – “My Perestroika,” “The Fall”
- Maddy Shirazi, MPEG & MSPE – “Running on Empty,” “Bonfire of the Vanities,” “Valmont,” “No Nukes”
- Phil Stockton, MPSE – “Hugo,” “Shutter Island,” “Wolf of Wall Street,” “Life of Pi”
- David Teague, editor – “Mondays at Racine,” “Sun Come Up”
- Christian Winters, producer/editor – 2014 Winter Olympics and HBO’s “24/7” series
Sight, Sound & Story Panel
Apter comments on the diverse range of topics offered at this year’s event, “The breadth and depth of talent participating in Sight, Sound & Story allows us to cover a number of filmmaking topics in depth.” Planned Sight, Sound & Story panel sessions include “Anatomy of a Scene: Deconstructing the Documentary,” “TV is the New Black - Television's Cinematic Revolution,” “Fast and Furious - Cutting Sports Television,” “The Wolf of Wall Street Soundscape from Production Audio to Final Mix,” and “Inside the Cutting Room with Bobbie O’Steen featuring Michael Kahn, A.C.E.”
For more information about panel topics, speakers and moderators, please click HERE.
Register for Sight, Sound &
The Sight, Sound & Story will take place on June 14, 2014 at the French Institute located at 55 East 59th Street. Admission is $89.00, with discounts and free passes to select partner organizations. A networking party with open bar, hors d’oeuvres and sponsored giveaways is included in the price.
To register, please click HERE.
"Sight, Sound & Story" - June 8, 2013
About Manhattan Edit Workshop – Certified Training in
New York City and Your City
Headquartered in the Flatiron District of New York City, Manhattan Edit Workshop was founded in 2002 with the goal of providing cutting-edge instruction on Apple®, Adobe® and Avid® platforms. Since then, MEWShop has added Digital Cinema Production classes, DaVinci Resolve, Autodesk® Smoke®, Assimilate Scratch training and a two-week documentary film production course to its already impressive curriculum. MEWShop’s signature Six-Week Intensive is a jump-start for anyone looking for a career in post-production, while weekend and one-week courses introduce and solidify core editing concepts. Corporate and group training offer a customized curriculum, either in-house or on-site, for professionals eager to learn a new skill or to build on existing ones. The facility’s focus on small workshops, highly skilled and certified faculty, and a results-oriented curriculum has quickly won it the reputation as New York’s premier post-production teaching facility.
Please note: If you find the color of the text hard to read, please click on "Printer-friendly" and black text will appear on a white background.
Please take a moment to join Renderosity's Newsletter List to receive news and information from Renderosity!