Changed Connie

DAZ|Studio Gothic posted on May 26, 2022
Open full image in new tab Zoom on image
Close

Hover over top left image to zoom.
Click anywhere to exit.


Members remain the original copyright holder in all their materials here at Renderosity. Use of any of their material inconsistent with the terms and conditions set forth is prohibited and is considered an infringement of the copyrights of the respective holders unless specially stated otherwise.

Description


The goal of this piece was to show Constance as a full on vampire, red eyes, fangs, etc. She's a Genesis 3 model with some vampire morphs ready to go, which made it convenient to get her eyes that color. I still enhanced them in post production though, which I'll get into momentarily. Setting up the scene required a background with a window on her left. I used an HDRI to provide most of the ambient light then I blasted her with two spotlights. One of them is off center to her left and the other one is behind her. I used bloom to enhance the light coming through the window but only a little bit (in fact, I'd say it's almost subtle enough to where it probably wasn't entirely necessary). However, what it did for me was help make her extra pale without having to use a cyanotype filter (I've done this before with awesome results to achieve that undead look). With all these things in place, the pose wasn't a big deal. I adjusted it to make her body language particularly stand offish. Then I crafted her expression to be not quite natural. I wanted it to be exaggerated, a little strange. I think that came off well enough. The top is dForce. Simulating that wasn't getting me the results I needed. I've had good luck with the stabilization time. Increasing that sometimes adjusts things that fall 'oddly' (example, this time her collar was sticking up in an unnatural way. This smoothed it out). Camera was simple enough. I wasn't going for something crazy so I kept it straight forward. The Depth of Field favors her face and body over her arms. It also helps enhance the lights in the background. Post production involved using color look ups to enhance the shadows, to really draw attention to the red eyes, and emphasize the RED of it all (vampire!!!) The end result is there. Thanks for looking! And if you're curious about the comic, visit: https://tapas.io/series/Malevolence1

Comments (0)


No comments have been posted. Sign In or Register to share your thoughts.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.